Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

After a presentation like this... i must try asap

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Michael Roth

Michael Roth New Member AMS2 Club Member

Vielen Dank an Danielkart.
    Ihre Force-Feedback-Datei gefällt mir sehr gut.
    Ich habe das Gefühl, dass ich das Auto im Grenzbereich besser kontrollieren kann als mit der Standardfeile.
    Vielen Dank

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @Danielkart I have a Simagic Alpha with a GT Neo wheel. I put everything at your recommended settings. But there are a couple of things. The first is easy to solve. The second, I am working on.
    1. The steering at your recommended settings is just way to strong. I am no HULK, but no weakling either. I have turned the Alpha down to 55 for now.
    2. There is nowhere near as much 'life' in the wheel like the previous file. I have turned off Damping and Friction in SimPro, as well as putting Feedback Details to 20. I have turned up quite a fewsettings in the file itself, and is getting closer to where I like the details. The thing I am missing is the Scrub vibration from the rear. I have turned up Scrub Scale as well as the Rear Scrub, but is still missing. I have also turned FX up to 23, where everything else feels quite good. But I just can't get the early indication from the rear that it is starting to slide like I could with your v5000 file.
    Overall, though, the car feels more in control with v6000, so I will just keep working at it. Thanks Daniel.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

No problem Michael, of course I can't know exactly how your Alpha behaves because I don't own it. I have to use significantly less force for the V6000 than for the V5000 with the Simucube2 and the Moza 21. But since you're also a long-time custom user, you'll definitely find your own preferred settings;)

5. Danielkart

I quickly looked it up Michael. I saw that I recommended the feedback details to 0 for the Simagic bases. I think that's too little, but you've already changed it. There are now a lot of bases listed in my files, and of course there may be better settings. I'm also always grateful for feedback about the base settings so I can change it if it's obvious

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Enright

Can I just keep increasing the rear scrub setting until I can feel it similar to the front?

7. Danielkart

I'm at work and unfortunately can't compare directly. But as far as I know, I set both to 0.5? Yes, you can certainly try to go higher at the back, it would be interesting to know
    Maybe 40:60 so (0.4 and 0.6) or 50:60 so (0.5 and 0.6)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2024 at 7:19 AM
  8. Michael Enright

Thank you. 0.5 and 0.6 was where I was heading.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Danielkart

You could be right Michael will test it in the evening and if it's true I'll change it. Otherwise it shouldn't do anything to the file and bring no disadvantages

• Like Like x 1
  10. Danielkart

I tested it Michael. It is clearly better with around 0.5 and 0.6 but needs to be tested more closely. The feeling of the rear tires can then be felt better. Small intervention with a nice effect and there are no disadvantages in terms of stability or oscillations. I will test different cars with it and also both customs and then update it today. Thank you for this feedback is greatly appreciated:)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Thanks m8. This feels really awesome. :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Danielkart

V6000 extreme files have been updated and the settings for the Simagic bases have also been updated.Thanks again to Michael for his feedback :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. MaxWrt

MaxWrt New Member

where can you download the v6000 from?

14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Check page 427

15. xNAPx

xNAPx Member

thank you for this as usual, your files are amazing, one question, I feel that the curb effect is a bit too strong I don't know if it is for the new simagic simpro settings or the file itself but how can i reduce the strong vibrations? also lack of center resistance has come back from previous versions, on v5000 was better is this also for the change of simagic settings or the file? how can i modify that myself?

16. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

17. Danielkart

The curbs are heavily influenced by FX, you will notice even 5% less. Simply reduce FX until you find your sweet spot. You can slightly raise the middle at your base with friction if you prefer a firmer middle

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michael Enright

You can drop the Feedback Detail setting down in SimPro to see if it suits you better. I am now down on around 15. Or lower FX in Game. If all other effects are good, and you only want to drop the kerb effects down, there is an individual line in the file itself you could reduce. This is the line;
    (kerbs_surface_scale 9.0)
    Try 8.5 or less to see what effect it has for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. KwaziPigInnit

KwaziPigInnit New Member

Just tried these on my TS-PC and it feels really heavy/stiff, just like no power steering at all.
    This is with the JCW MINI
    Feel like I need to be Arnold Schwarzenegger to turn the wheel.

20. Danielkart

If it's too strong for you then just go down with the power of your base until you like it
    or reduce gain in the game