1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did try using it in Daniel's file, but only went from 0 to 0.04. Didn't notice much difference. Maybe I'll try some higher values to see if I can feel what else it might change.

2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

You will notice at higher values 0.7 or 0.8 that it causes anomalies. Of course, at 0.04 it will almost not be noticeable but then it won't have the desired effect. I notice the anomaly starting around 0.1 so I prefer to leave it at 0. In my opinion, the internal processing of the base can simply do this better than the file can (whether custom file or defaults) or sometimes with other simulations. But as Peter Stefanie also said, it all depends on the user and if you have a better feeling with higher values then that's completely okay and just test it

3. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey Daniel,

Can you describe the anomaly that you see in a little more detail?

4. Danielkart

Yes, of course Karsten, but I'm not on the rig today to give you exact data. Every file behaves differently. What I can tell you for sure is that the higher the value, the greater the FFB loss. Of course you have to compensate for that. This is also the case with my custom, but less pronounced. Both files also have the anomalies in the steering axis, but mine is even more pronounced. But I'll tell you more about that once I've tested both again. Go to a concert today and enjoy music:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

May the swift be with you^^

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Danielkart

Hey buddy, may the clutch be with you:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Hi, I have a SC2 Sport base,who can tell me I used a lot of custom settings from Daniel v100,v200,v800... on turns at any degree if you press the brake, the steering wheel turns strongly to the center very unpleasant in other simulators I did not notice this effect,in the only version of v70 this effect is weakly expressed, I use it for a long time.Which line should be edited in ffb custom settings to reduce this effect?

8. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried any of his latest files? All Custom FFB Files available here;
    Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

9. Danielkart

This counterpressure when braking is deliberately a little exaggerated.It is also reproduced very differently by the cars themselves.But you can change it very easily by reducing (brake_feel). Set this value according to your ideas, for example from 1.0 to 2.0.

10. Danielkart

Hey Karsten!
    The concert was great and I enjoyed it with my wife :) Now I had the time to test the static force regulation again with the Formula USA 2023 at Brands Hatch with standard setups.The files react very differently to the changes and I think every other file would react differently.I also exaggerated it with the increase (0.8) but this will also show up in a weakened form at low values.
    Both files lose FFB, with your file it is almost everything.Both files lose self-centering.Both files become more unstable when driving and create a floating feeling.My file creates a strange rubber band effect and the forces change very irregularly. All in all, it is not an option for me personally because it really makes the internal processing of the Simucube2 perfect.And of course everyone can set it up as it suits them best
    best regards

11. Karsten Hvidberg

Thanks,

Did you try it while having static force reduction set to 0 in simucube 2?
    Also, have you tried setting simucube 2 static force reduction to 80% (and 0% in the file at the same time) to compare?

12. Danielkart

Oh sorry, I didn't tell you that.Yes, it was of course tested with 0% static force reduction on the base.And yes, I also tested the other way round (but only with my file) with the full static force reduction on the base, and here it does exactly what it's supposed to do without any loss of FFB and without any anomalies in the steering axis

Regards

13. Karsten Hvidberg

I am wondering what you mean by "without any loss of FFB", since static force reduction should exactly reduce the FFB force. Maybe I read you wrong?

Thanks,
    Karsten

14. Danielkart

Yes, I think we are misunderstanding each other here. I don't mean the power that should be reduced (it should and does) I mean the FFB effects (In Game FX)
    Regards

15. Ronin

Ronin New Member

yes, periodically I tested many of this list, the specified effect (brake_feel) always interfered and I had to reduce the overall strength of the feedback,but now I know how to adjust it, thanks to Daniel.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If FFB power is reduced, then other FX will also be reduced, seems logical.
    I don't understand why any wheel base OEM wouldn't include SFR in their config set up.
    Once you discover SFR, you'll probably never stop using it. And when combined with the "slip" controls inside the cFFB files, it's a must for finding the limits of grip.

17. KwaziPigInnit

KwaziPigInnit New Member

I really can not decide if that is a Sick Joke or just stupidity :(

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Danielkart

Everything's okay, I know Mikk;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Connor daniels

Connor daniels New Member

Sorry for this question which i know you probably get loads, but im new and cant find it...
    Do you have recommended settings for the wheel software itself (in my case fanalabs)?

20. Danielkart

Hello! Fanatec's base settings can all be found at the beginning of the file when you open the file. The last file I have is now the V5000 and if you use a belt base from Fanatec I recommend this file