Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fabx

Fabx New Member

Understood, thank you for the clarifications.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Of course, different manufacturers are open to different extents to wide branding and licensing agreements. BMW for example is probably at the forefront for the extent to which they license their stuff, including various LEGO sets. I think they really understand the importance of this kind of "soft" marketing, something which perhaps more luxury brands appear to treat with a bit of disdain.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

If Reiza gaves us nothing, we would be talking about their radio silence.

Not just you but all of us, sapiens
    (2014 study led by Timothy D. Wilson at the University of Virginia, which explored how people prefer receiving electric shocks over doing nothing)

Just watch his face at around 1h29:30 ;) (BUT, just like he was talking the minutes before, he is just one guy with one oppinion, even PRO drivers have different oppinions about the same subject. "PRO DRIVER" doesn't mean "THE TRUE")

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joaquim Pereira

Not just that, but the ambition and the "btw, let's also add this".
    I do believe v1.6 will have bugs at launch date and some may start to say that's not ok after +8 months of development. I'd say, it's inevitable.
    And after launch, they'll need 2-3 months more to really complete the update. Also inevitable.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

Come on guys just stop it! Once upon a time...once upon a time...if you think you can do better just seat on your pc and make it better. Free to go. Everyone here is an engineer and computer expert and game designer but as far i can see really few people udnerstand the whole process where all Reiza's people is involved...that means re-make the game, not just a bug-fix update. It takes time to get this update and most of us are ok with it, we are enjoying the game at the same time and also we have some more title to play. PLUS....the same cars are coming (or most of them) you can already play with Thunderflash mods!

PS: in Brazil is still summer! :p

• Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  6. FastForward

FastForward New Member

I think that’s a very important point, he is just one of many with an opinion. He at least tries to verify his claims with numbers, but to my best understanding there is simply no objective definition (formulas, reference model, benchmark) of a perfect physics simulation. So saying one is better than the other is kind of useless as it’s always subjective.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Joaquim Pereira

You got it totally wrong. I said the opposite.
    And no, it's not summer in Brazil yet ;).

I like Nils a lot, it's a well grounded guy (I also looooveedd his impersonation of Jardier on that live stream :D:D:D). And it often warns: "this video may contain oppinions!!" :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend Member

Now i'll start by saying i'm no expert on the matter but from my eyes I don't understand why brands would treat free exposure with distain, the fact the game developers have to pay to licence them at all is upside down to me. Creating brand awareness, loyalty, desirability is key to selling your cars surely. I wouldn't think many people drive a car in a game and think shucks I'd never want to buy one of them. On the contrary, I bought an R35 just because I loved driving it on my PS3, I was no Nissan fan before the PS3 in fact I was very much anti-Nissan so having their car in a game was a positive impact, there is zero chance I'd have bought one had it not been in GT5 (I've now owned 4 Nissans since). The flip side being seen as snooty turns off future customers. I recall being at a motorshow as a kid and being shooed away from the TVR stand by their security - my lasting memory of that day was not of all the supercars I saw but rather under no circumstances would I ever buy a TVR.
    So, to me manufacturers should be delighted if a game wants their car in their title.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Yeah, it always seems bonkers to me when brands are so reluctant to licence at all or restrict that licence, especially when it's for racing cars that purely exist to interest and excite people.

There are cars that are genuine legends almost entirety because of video games, if you think of things like the JGTC Castrol Supra from Gran Turismo. Cars like the BMW E46 GT2, a TVR Speed 12 and the Mazda 787 would have a fraction of their legend without games that introduced them to a wonderful, younger audience.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately the mindset behind having to get (expensive) licenses for amanufacturer's content is a limited and competition-based one, rather than one focused on raising brand awareness and appeal. It's basically this: "You want to sell a product using the likeness of our model XYZ to boost your product's appeal to consumers? Better pay up, and we're talking big bucks!"

Something like brand awareness still doesn't really factor into the whole thing, for most manufacturers at least. Besides, for the more exclusive brands there's still the age-old argument that "those who play video games aren't our target audience anyway", no matter how wrong or outdated that view might be in today's world.

EDIT: As for Ferrari, I don't think the reason they're not in AMS2 yet is purely a financial one. Yes, their licenses are most likely among the most expensive, but I am sure they have other requirements for anyone wanting to license their cars. That being said, I remain optimistic we are going to see them officially join the AMS2 roster sometime in the future... But surely not earlier than next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, you can add the Toyota GT-One to that list. A very fast and advanced car for the time, but ultimately an unsuccessful one that didn't really win an overall race, made extremely famous because of Gran Turismo. While the Toyota Eagle MKIII which won 21 out of 27 races is unknown, goes to show you marketing and exposure can change many people's perceptions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Derishk

Derishk Member

So, where should we look for the next stream, who's the YouTubers that have been selected to give us a preview of the 1.6? Renato told us "in the next days" we will see more streams. I'm looking forward to see more!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Assume the popular guys

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. GaryGavlaar

GaryGavlaar New Member

Everyone chomping at the bit to find out what 1.6 physics will be like, don't we already have them in a few of the car classes? Stock car and gt3 gen3? Or is this an untrue rumour?

Sorry if I've missed this somewhere along the way, but I don't have time to read through 73 pages to get upto speed.

15. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

If I remember correctly the latest Stock Car as well as the F-Ultimate Gen 2 have the first iteration of the improved tire hysteresis. However, since the initial improvements A LOT has changed, so much so that comparing these cars to any of the 1.6 cars is a moot point, at least from my point of view.

EDIT: And that doesn't even cover all of the changes to tire thermodynamics - track surface, air temp and tire temperature have a huge impact on tire performance post-1.6 compared to any previous version!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

SCB 2024 and F-U G2 have a VERY EARLY version of the V1.6 physics

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Stock Car 2024 and Formula Ultimate Gen2 have an early preview of 1.6 in the public build, but after comparing the public build with the latest beta builds I can tell there's noticeable difference in handling between the public build and the beta build, the latest beta built of those 2 cars has better more predictable handling than the public build imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Think of it like a demo of the physics (remember when demos were a thing? :p) you'll get the rough idea but the finished product will be a lot more refined

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mista

Mista New Member

Why the don't make an open beta for enthusiastis and only few People get into the close beta program? Or to give to other choose Youtuber to make review Videos?

Summer in Brasil is typical between december and march. May the devs mean southamerican summer?

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

There's open beta, it's called release candidate.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.