Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

What would be the benefits of this? I can't really see any except satisfying curiosity of some users. Especially because if you did that, some unfinished stuff is going to be made public and ridiculed.

• Agree Agree x 11
  2. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly this, a great example would be the first tests of the extended grid last year where it ended up causing major issues for the majority of people. If that happened in a public build the amount of cynicism about extended grids would be unreal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Joachim

Joachim New Member

I'll bet 1.6 will release after ACE!

• Dislike x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Funny x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

You will have to wait a few years then

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

The release date of ACE is the 16th January 2025, so this is a possible scenario ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

That’s into early access though. I wouldn’t call, it the official release of the game

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

What is an "enthusiast" ? Someone who is part of marketing and can only say "This is the most revolutionary next best big thing and has zero flaws", ussually what comes to my mind.

And my guess is they already have more than enough people in the beta and do not want any more otherwise surely it would still be an opened option.

Renato also said recently that there are YT channels that are making previews of the 1.6 version, just have to wait.

8. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I heard a good quote from a video essay: "Early access IS your release date", and also "You will never get a chance for a second first impression". Especially since they will be asking money with the start of early access, it makes it the official release of the game. And early access is no shield from criticism, again especially because they are asking money for it on the day it is available for purchase.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

1. There is (at least sometimes) an open beta already, as someone else already advised. The main game sometimes has a release candidate version that is open to all owners of the game.
    2. There are further YouTubers who have been given permission to create a v1.6 preview of some sort. Unless plans have changed since the OverTake stream you just have to wait for those guys to get their content out.
    3a. The "end of summer" was only ever mentioned as a target date that they were aiming for. There is not and never has been a stated release date, and it was northern hemisphere summer that was referred to, not Southern / Brazilian.
    3b. As advised by Reiza just yesterday:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

We all know that 1.6 will release right after GTA6

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Aaaaand we got back to release speculation

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since there have been previews of 1.6 out, I don't think I would be "offsides" for sharing a couple impressions I have about the update.

My main focus is always on car handling because if I don't enjoy that, I don't really care about much else. There are 3 main behaviors that have been largely squashed in 1.6 that have made me a lot happier:

1. Trail braking. In the main release there are so many times when I trail brake up to the apex where the balance of the car shifts so rapidly you'd swear you just locked up and it felt very arcadey. You could often mitigate it by playing with dampers but it was annoying.

2. Corner exit on slow/medium turns. On the main release quite a few cars have a scooby doo effect where the car just isn't planted coming out of slow medium turns and the car just feels sloppy and no matter what steering input you have it just felt crappy.

3. Throwing the car into a turn. This has been discussed a lot and I am not sure if it was a case where the aero at the rear was exaggerated and allowed guys to snap the car into a fast corner and be able to gain time and do faster laps or if it was something in the tire model but it also felt very arcadey.

These 3 things ( from my experience in most of the cars) have been reduced by such significant amounts that I feel that any existing unrealistic type behaviors are no more problematic than flaws that exist in other sims.
    I am by no means calling it a game changer, I am just sharing that for me, this has largely addressed a few things that really irritated me. For me (maybe not you) 1.6 represents the best overall sim. No it isn't perfect, but it checks a lot of boxes for me.

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

There as been no open beta RC build since the introduction of the paddock club. The reason for RC was to weed out any bugs with a decent amount of players before full release.
    There is no need for that with so many having access to the beta via the paddock club. I think it will be highly unlikely that we will see a RC build ever again.

14. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Is LFM have an official release date on am2 ?

15. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

...for the Early Access.

16. _Was

_Was Member

I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the Overtake stream, the Lamborghini SC63 was spotted

Capture.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

Did today a Porsche Cup Race at Monaco in VR. Damn that Car is trying to kill me in every corner! Cannot imagine that thing with a more unforgiving behaviour:eek:

about VR I cannot say often enough how cool it its on AMS2. For example iRacing runs good with open wheelers in VR but I cannot get it run with GT3s, dont know why.
    Then in AMS2 GT3s without any issues and ALL Mirrrors on. Thats so fantastic!

18. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

Before or after Half-Life 3?

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Xamantu

Xamantu Member

Somewhere between that and Bloodborne PC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You (and others) will be very happy with this car after 1.6. It is one of the most significantly transformed. Was always a chore to drive it before and the other day I did a full race weekend with it because it was so addictive.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.