Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaronDG10

AaronDG10 New Member

Every year I go to the IMSA events and camp for the weekend at Watkins Glen and Mosport. This year, more than ever, sim racing was a hot topic in the open paddocks and apparently every single IMSA driver that has a sim uses iRacing when it comes to training. On a garage tour, I asked a driver for a Lamborghini Super Trofeo team if any other sims are used for training and he said "all the drivers in the paddock use iRacing".

I'm super curious if this 1.6 update that expands the IMSA content will change that and we'll see more drivers use AMS2 for training (and for fun!).

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

I want to go there new year. Is it sold out pretty fast ? What kind of ticket should I got ? Is hotel expensive there ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. AaronDG10

AaronDG10 New Member

For Watkins Glen the camping is reserved and most people renew their campsites they had the previous year, but there are still always spots available around the boot right up until the race. Pretty sure it's usually around $100 USD for a weekend super ticket, which is absolutely worth the price when you consider the paddock access you get, including pit-walks before the Esses 200 and the 6 Hours at the Glen race.

Mosport is slightly less expensive (probably because no GTP class) but the general admission camping is not reserved, it's first come first serve, so if you get there early enough you can get an amazing trackside spot!

I highly recommend camping for the weekend at both. Hope that helped!

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think no matter how good/realistic any sim gets, most pro drivers will still use Iracing. It has the biggest online user base and I think all pro drivers would want to train their racecraft against real humans. So Iracing is kinda like Tesla, they were the first to pioneer their strengths and have done a good job in keeping themselves competitive, even though some competitors are doing some things better.

So no, I don't think any AMS2 update or any other game for that matter will dethrone Iracing as the go to sim for pro drivers on the near future.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

I think I will go to an rb&b and take a seat ticket. Can we walk everywhere with a seat ticket ?

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

We're creatures of habit. You could make a sim that's 10 times better than iracing and most people still wouldn't change.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. AaronDG10

AaronDG10 New Member

Funnily enough some of the drivers said they've never actually done a race against other humans on iRacing (when I jokingly asked them what their iRating is). They straight up use it to practice with whatever car/track combon is needed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

The problem with AMS2 in 'public' mainstream perception has always been the tainted legacy from Slightly Mad Studios. No matter what AMS2 becomes, people will still associate it with that company and judge it sight unseen or with a biased lens. Which is unfair to AMS2, and a bit to to Slightly Mad, as despite all of their flaws they put out a very interesting product and evidently a great engine.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. AaronDG10

AaronDG10 New Member

There are no actual seat tickets at Watkins Glen IMSA, so you get general admission and can walk and sit wherever you like.

10. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Literally, i saw real reiza ghostbusters do great work in reiza 51
    They punished the nightmare and
    @CrimsonEminence finally declared the victory with the holy spell below.

i can't tell more about it by security reason.:cool:
    But it is real true story.;)

• Funny Funny x 6
  11. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

iRacing is very convenient, and then if you have spent 500$ you dont want to "lose" your investment.
    It is kinda sad but it is what it is.

I really wish Reiza got involved in something like LFM but better. LFM is a bit messy and lacks features if we compare it to iRacing. If one guy could make Racecraft work (sadly the main developer is stopping development) I think Reiza could really step in and make a decent, almost iRacing system.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend Member

I get what you are saying, not sure any of Tesla's competitors have matched or surpassed them (especially wrt the Tesla supercharger network). Perhaps Nissans Leaf would be a better analogy ;-)

13. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's it! We just have to convince Reiza to bring the Lamborghini Super Trofeo to AMS2, and the pro teams will come! :)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It has nothing to do with problems, though of course it is true that some unforeseen problem could be encountered and ultimately lead to an additional delay. It would not be our - beta testers - place to communicate that scenario even if it were the case.

Just think about what we're discussing. Reiza are applying a massive update to the game. Making changes (to any extent) takes time and for each change there is a start date and an end date to the work involved. The game therefore as a matter of course sees a number of updated builds as the work progresses - so Racinglegend saying 'things have changed within a week' doesn't mean anything other than that there's been a new build -- which in turn means we are closer to the finish line.

Think of a jigsaw. There are a thousand pieces spread across the table and you piece them together at say one per minute on average. What the picture looks like at 3pm is different to how it looked at 2pm, which was different again to 1pm. Same with beta builds.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Oh, why is racecraft online stopping?
    It was working well and people seemed to like it?
    And it‘s only now that it seems that Reiza will support those platforms more than before.

16. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

From their Discord:

• Informative Informative x 4
  17. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Jokes aside, I've occasionally wondered how hard it would be to swap the spectator artwork out of view mid-race when it starts to rain. Give the people some raincoats and umbrellas.

18. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Abilene Paradox (they didn't need iRacing and perhaps is not the best for them either).

It's a cognitive bias, called irrational escalation of commitment (close to Sunk Cost Fallacy). It's the tendency where individuals or groups continue to invest time, money, or effort into a decision or project, even when evidence suggests that the original choice was flawed.

Jesus, am I a psychologist or an engineer? :whistle:

So, Reiza kidnapped them?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Diddy?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

They may be making better products than Tesla but that's utterly irrelevent. Do Tesla's competitors have a face that's a millionth as famous as Elon Musk?
    When it comes to normies, it's about making them take NOTICE, everything else is a distant second to eyeballs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.