Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend Member

agreed, thats why i ditched them (had 4) 2014-2022 RIP

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I believe the various Codemasters rally games have different clothing for weather.

AC CSP has a crowd density option if it's configured for the track, which dynamically adjusts to things like time of day, weather and (I think) number of cars on the track.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Four?! I dont think I'll ever own one, its just not my thing, I dont feel like I can have fun driving a electric car. I'll only get one if suddenly combustion engines are entirely banned but I thin I'm safe for now, also even manufacturers are backing out of full eletrification.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I like my PHEV, it makes vroom when I want it too.

5. Turbo Granny

Yes, hybrids are acceptable on my book, though I preffer the idea of HEV that dont need charging. But plug-in seems to be the more common.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend Member

thats a reason why i went back to petrol i was worried they would be banned and then it wouldn't be my choice to drive electric but mandated.
    Electric cars aren't fun, what their good for is the mundane commute - which is a lot of journeys, & self drive is a useful cool feature.
    But there is no Sunday spirited driving with them, ultimately I missed the vroom vroom and driving involvement.
    For the people who see cars as a method of getting from A to B then electric can be an upgrade for that use case, for sim racers I'd say their probably not well suited.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Turbo Granny

True, I feel like electric cars are really like appliances to get from one place to another, some people just want that and thats ok. But a car with a petrol is another thing, even my diesel Focus SW can be fun on a twisty road :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stíofán

Stíofán New Member

If you can't have fun in an electric car that's a skill issue

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

No, a sound issue. I want to hear a roaring v8 combustion engine. Or a screaming V10 F1 engine. Not a high pitch Sewing machine. :D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Turbo Granny

I mean, you could probably have fun in a Ioniq 5 N, but explain how not having fun in an electric car is a skill issue? I'm not talking about street racing or anything, I mean driving on a small road, enjoying the drive, I cant feel that on an electric.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend Member

accelerator brake thats it.
    no gear changes, no exhaust note, no turbo spool. its dull mate. yes great off the lights but that trick ages quickly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I knew about the Codemasters game, but not that CSP feature, that's really cool. GT7 does it dynamically as well, if the race starts dry and then it rains you see the crowd put on raincoats and umbrellas, I think in the Codemasters games its not as dynamic and it's a preset for the start of the race conditions, but I could be wrong, been a while.

13. Nibi-Vr

Nibi-Vr New Member

CrimsonEminence drive ecto1 he was lucky (lol)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Ok, in relation to Spielberg almost every other lap is a long one :D But Spielberg is my second favourite track, it has such a nice flow to it!

I will take the complete hypercar field around the 24h layout of the Nordschleife, that should be a fast lap. Maybe we get a reworked version of the track, maybe even the VLN-Layout? :cool:

But if RCO is open to be carried on by another team of programmers, someone should take this opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Since I reinstalled AMS2 a few days ago, and even more with my last FullFFB file (I implemented a new layer of info on front axle), I'm sensing the game in a way I didn't before. Very, very detailed.
    I'm almost afraid my setup was somehow broken, because there's no way to confirm that.
    Anyway, I'm on a 3 week vacation and have no rush to get v1.6. I'm having a good time.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Since i hopped onto the 2024 stock cars on live and noticed the Push to pass is still kinda broken (afaik there shouldnt be an activation delay in the 2024 ruleset, also felt like i didnt get the boost at all compared to AI but can only definitely verify that tomorrow)
    can anyone confirm if it is fixed on the beta build or in case @CrimsonEminence see's this, if it is on reizas radar ?
    Thanks

17. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As someone who owns an EV that is def not the most important thing. 90%+ of most people's driving is commuting to work. I have a lvl 1 charger in my garage that has served me just fine. I have used a charging station less 5 times in the three years I've owned my car.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Your latest FullFFB file feels great and very, very detailed on the beta as well so thank you for your time on it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I get the EV experience when I back my Civic Si out of my driveway. My car sounds just like a Formula E car.

20. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

Are you competing against Team Penske Indy Cars? That could explain a push to pass disparity...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.