Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I've been a big supporter of the Custom profile feature in AMS2 from day one. However, throughout development, the Default profiles have improved to the point that I'm quite happy with either of those for my own use. Each gives somewhat different levels of detail, but I find both to be superb options.

The Default FFB-profiles represent feedback as intended by Reiza, and I believe they have been very successful in doing that. Still, FFB remains extremely subjective in nature for each individual. We all lean toward using our senses a bit differently to translate car-handling, so to each their own where FFB is concerned.

In any case, users need to understand the significance of finding the proper balance between FFB strength (Gain) / LFB (for non-DD) / Damping. These aspects form the very foundation of AMS2 FFB. This has been the case since the early days and will remain relevant with v1.6, and beyond.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. B Stu

B Stu Member

I understand there are indeed bigger fish but thanks for reply )

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. FastForward

FastForward New Member

Cool, thanks! So no FFB setting changes required for 1.6 I understand.

4. GROVER-8-SRT

GROVER-8-SRT Member

Tyre barry-ahs will move?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Joachim

Joachim New Member

So we can still call AMS2 as well as early access?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

I would call it WIP :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. _Diego _

_Diego _ Member

47641911-f3fb-4988-aad7-df2f92230ff1_releasetoyotacorollacross113.jpg Reiza, Reiza, you barely finish an update and you already have more work to do. The new stock cars are looking amazing. images (10).jpeg images (11).jpeg

• Like x 18
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  8. mansell

mansell Active Member

edit: sorry for the chit chat chef, didn't saw your post before posting.

(was about... cheese :p)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2024
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, that should be a model (ride height, wheel size) for the road-going models!!

Sport wagons are so much better than SUVs.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Emptyjar

Emptyjar Member

I am out of work sick today (hopefully not COVID) and was bored, so i made a stupid song with AI while we wait for v1.6.

(PS: in reality, i am fully in the 'let reiza cook' camp but thought it was funny how this came out)

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

The problem lies right there when it comes to FFB. With the exception of gain and clipping the most common answer to FFB questions is ' just set it to what feels right to you' and ' FFB is subjective ' most new uses don't know what it should feel like, so it doesn't help.

Although there may not be the 'best' settings there is definitely worse or bad settings. Each of the settings can mute or hide information.

I think that a really in depth guide not only saying what each setting does but also what exactly should be aimed for when adjusting each settings would greatly benefit the community especially those new to AMS2 or sims in general. The guide should be included in game, so that no one misses it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Fatih

Fatih Active Member

Awesome!!

13. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Marc Collins did an excellent post on how to develop an appropriate setting for the FFB and your wheel, probably before you joined, maybe he can remember and point it out to you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

Is there a way to control the front of my car ? I play with gt3 cars and I feel I am driving a mustang. I always need to correct the direction for my wheel after I turn the car. I always need to turn my wheel slowly or I will spinne.

15. Smurf

Smurf Doing an U-turn

I have great news to you then: the 1.6 update seems to be all about that......

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My daily commute is 65-100km depending on the day, so pretty average. I don't know what time period your 160k was covered, but if it was a short period of time you'd surely have to realize you're an outlier to the average person. Again most people use their cars for commuting to work for the vast majority of their driving time. Just plugging in and charging at home during the evening is more than adequate for the vast majority of people who own an EV.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I am confident in my own abilities with the settings, it was more for those newer to sims. Although I am always willing to learn more.

The fact that such advice by Marc Collins is lost on the forum highlights my main point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend Member

4 cars over 8 years so avg 20k/yr but we've been warned numerous times for off topic..

So to ask a 1.6 question to save myself, I use Maurice's Custom FFB from the Fanatec forum and have found it to be very good (he publishes tweaked Fanatec specific profiles for most games), so question is when 1.6 drops will I be best going to Default FFB or continue with Maurice's custom based on 1.5?

19. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

I have a bad new. 1.6 is not release

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Update on the update just for the sake of perspective of where we stand for V1.6 release and hopefully ease speculations - most of the team including myself have entered a short work break earlier this week in order to get some much needed rest; it has been a very intense 5-month work stint since April with very few breaks for most of the team during this time, some of whom haven´t had many full nights of sleep throughout let alone weekends We usually schedule such breaks to follow a major release, but given the length of this development cycle and various side quests that came from it we´ve decided to move that break forward in order to recharge batteries, avoid last minute stumbles and ensure we get to release firing on all cylinders.

No need for simpathy or concern here - we don´t and haven´t worked this hard because we need to nor is it imposed on anyone, we do it because we love it. Doing what you love for a living is extremely stimulating to the point the push is almost compulsive for me and many others in the team; we are also very conscious about how much of a privilege it is to have a job like that, which further adds to the drive to deliver results to you all, at the end of the day you are the ones who grant us this privilege to begin with.

The human mind and body still has its limits however and it comes a point a recharge and refresh is in order for both to work properly, so that is what we are doing - we made sure to have a feature-complete build in beta in the meantime both to give all the main features proper testing time, and also so there´s not much left to do once we´re back full force within the next couple of weeks.

Please don´t take this as any sort of release date projection, there has been none up to now other than the original estimate for a Summer time release which we´ve already blown past, and there won´t be any all the way to release - but you can take it as foresight the wait won´t last much longer.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2024
    • Like x 52
    • Friendly x 30
    • Winner x 24
    • Agree x 6
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.