Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

These are the old tyres. It's just circular economy 101, makes DLC cheaper for us.

I also noted Renato went back to EV conversation... " in order to recharge batteries"...
    He is allowed to do that? :D

• Funny Funny x 11
  2. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Enjoy your holidays!
    In Britain the grass is already cold and wet

3. Pollinflas

Pollinflas New Member AMS2 Club Member

I respect Reiza so much. The amount of work in the "product" for years demonstrate you are passionate people. I bought something that keeps improving for years. You can't say that of a lot of things these days. Really extraordinary in software development. You can take the time you need, you deserve it, guys.

• Agree Agree x 9
  4. ShelbyRacing74

ShelbyRacing74 New Member

even without version 1.6 it's a lot of fun :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately i can't do anything here, forum doesn't allow to apply warnings to his account :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Like Like x 1
  6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I also have taken time to prepare custom championships and just waiting for 1.6 to release so i can play offline.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nibi-Vr

Nibi-Vr New Member

My Birthday is in october 22 i Hope drive A424 with my best game:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

Not to mention that people has family as well and the time you don't spend with them will not come back. Life is not gaming, life is enjoying and live with the ones we love, then have some personal times to do our hobbies (including stressing out Reanto).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. CONTROLE-FISCAL

CONTROLE-FISCAL New Member

He made the mistake of talking about summer, some beta testers hyped us too in the forum and discord.

They should, whether it's Renato or the beta testers, stop talking and do what they have to do and nothing more since the last update.

I love the game and I'm very grateful to the studio for what they've given me, but I'm tired of the wait because of this, there wouldn't have been so much frustration if they'd teased us shortly before the release.

But good luck to the developers it must be very difficult for them.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Thanks for taking the time to make this post. Could you perhaps make a new thread for this and make it a sticky so that those new to the sim can easily find it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Michael Lewis

Michael Lewis New Member

You have in my opinion already delivered a master piece and i am sure everyone really appreciates the massive amount of work and dedication by you and the team in order to further enhance what is already an amazing sim and for no extra cost. I personally really appreciate the excellent communication and i understand what a massive undertaking this must be and although i can't wait for the update i also appreciate what is involved. I am not an experienced sim racer but i have AC, ACC, WRC, dirt Rally2, Rfactor2, F12023 and so on (basically everything i can get my hands on) AMS2 is hands down my favourite. Every time i play i am blown away by what you guys have created and i can only imagine what you have in store for us. Good things come to those who wait. Keep up the good work you guys are awesome:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Fake Development Diary Part 3, as written by ChatGPT (I was curious)

### Automobilista 2 November 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt3

As we advance toward the anticipated release of Version 1.6, we’re eager to share detailed insights into the exciting new content and enhancements that will enrich your Automobilista 2 experience. Drawing inspiration from community discussions and beta feedback, we’ve prioritized key areas that not only elevate gameplay but also resonate with the wishes of our dedicated players. This update promises an enriched lineup of cars and tracks, along with crucial improvements in game mechanics.

We’re thrilled to confirm the addition of several new vehicles that have generated buzz within the community. Among these, players can look forward to the inclusion of the legendary **Porsche 917**, renowned for its performance in the late 1960s and early 1970s endurance races. Additionally, the iconic **Lancia Delta Integrale** will make its debut, allowing players to experience the exhilarating rally heritage it brings. Modern fans will appreciate the introduction of the **Formula Hybrid X**, a cutting-edge open-wheel car designed for high-speed, high-tech racing. These new additions aim to diversify the racing experience and cater to both classic car enthusiasts and modern motorsport fans.

On the track side, our community has expressed strong interest in more diverse racing venues, and we’re excited to deliver. The update will feature the renowned **Road America**, a favorite among racing purists for its challenging layout and picturesque setting. Alongside this, we’re bringing in the thrilling **Zandvoort Circuit**, known for its sweeping curves and elevation changes, enhancing the competitive landscape for both online and offline racing. Additionally, we’ll introduce a fictional track inspired by classic European road courses, which will offer unique challenges and allow players to test their skills in a creative environment.

In line with the new content, our physics engine has received substantial upgrades, focusing on refining tire dynamics and suspension behavior for the new vehicles. This means that the handling characteristics of the Porsche 917 and Lancia Delta Integrale will reflect their real-world counterparts, offering players a more authentic and engaging driving experience. We've also enhanced the force feedback system, ensuring that players receive tactile sensations that mirror the nuances of these legendary cars on the diverse tracks.

Performance optimization continues to be a key focus as we prepare for the update. Our team is addressing various bugs and improving frame rates, ensuring a smoother racing experience for all players. Community feedback regarding performance issues has been instrumental in guiding our efforts, and we’re dedicated to delivering an experience free of lag or stuttering, particularly during intense races.

Finally, we want to express our gratitude to the community for your invaluable feedback and engagement throughout this development process. Your passion for Automobilista 2 drives us to continually improve and expand the game. As we near the release of Version 1.6, we encourage you to keep sharing your thoughts and suggestions. We’re excited about what’s to come and look forward to seeing how you embrace the new content in your racing adventures!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

So glad we're finally getting **Road America**!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Djin

Djin Member

I’d rather get some updates from Renato and the beta users, even if we miss the target release date, than nothing at all. Now, the question is: is one big update a year better, or would smaller, more frequent ones be the way to go ?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

IMO one big update like V1.6 and then a few minor ones. A good plan could be:
    Q1: content and minor stuff
    Q3: Big V1.x update
    Q4: content and minor stuff

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, luckily that's not for you to decide...
    Don't forget that beta testers don't get paid, only the internal testers probably do get paid.
    They can do however they please within the limits of the NDA

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. _Was

_Was Member

All the grass we want is the 1.6 tire sliding over it.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

hard to believe
    possible
    possible, but not likely right now. probably coming with historic le mans at christmas perhaps?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Justdave

Justdave Member

I just logged into steam and see there is a BETA release candidate - pre-release build.

20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Could mean a beta update, but doesn’t have to. Just ask other beta members, I’m an expert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.