Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

But the custom FFB made it a LOT better for me, no quotes.
    And i cannot thank the person making it enough with how it transformed the experience to the best feeling game on my wheel i was able to find. Only RaceRoom is equal to it.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

As long as you realize you are the example I used--someone with biases and distortions in their wheel who then spends time to overcome them fiddling with a custom file--then more power to you. It is my belief that you would be better off learning how to "undistort" your MOZA wheel, for the benefit of all sims you might want to use. But it's your hardware and your time and your decision what you think is reasonable and pleasurable, so I won't say you are wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I will come back to AMS2 for the 1.6 Version after a relative long time and I will go out on the Nordschleife with the new GT3 cars first and than with the Hypercars (yes I do this :D). And of course the Oreca LMP2! I really like the look of this car and I hope it handles well. When there is an Ligier LMP3, I will also race this one a lot.
    But I will also take these cars out to the new IMSA Tracks & I‘m looking forward to it.

And than I will race with 48 hypercars at Monaco! :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What leads you to believe Monaco will support 48 car grids?

I'm not saying it won't, but there's a possibility, right? How many cars ever have been on the Monaco track at the same time?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bađi

Bađi Member

I mean I do want to learn it. I'd like to experience the signal that Reiza intended for me to experience but current pithouse honestly feels like a chore. Don't even want to look at it other then turning it on before powering on the base.
    Is there like a Youtube guide I could follow to achieve the raw feeling?

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I am sure there are MOZA forums or info out there, but you will likely have to dig. Maybe one of the many people who followed my advice is a MOZA owner and will DM you?

7. rastaracing

rastaracing New Member

esa lista casi la aciertas :p

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. rastaracing

rastaracing New Member

9. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

depends on what you talking about.
    WEC/IMSA LMP3 or Brasilian P3 ;)

10. rd.king

rd.king Member

What about the Ford Mustang GT3

11. OPatrão

OPatrão New Member

I'm almost sure that two new classes of car are LMP2 and GTO.
    That sound in the video of Rasta is very similar with 90 quattro ISMA GTO in Project Cars 2.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

touching grass is overrated

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
  13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

There’s something called active suspension

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bađi

Bađi Member

No I get that but the feel of the car in terms of ffb. I find the Formula Hitech waaay more precise. It feels like I imagine it should when I try to chuck the car around a corner. The classic feels a bit floaty in comparison to it.

15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

As stated, active suspension is the reason

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

MOZA Racing - Users Guide

This RFractor 2 gives a good guide as to how to remove all the extra forces and effects. The only one I don't understand is wheel speed, why 10% would be preferable than 100% which would seem like the baseline. Marks guide also made me understand for the first time what Pithouse was doing to 'distort' the forces generated by AMS2, and I arrived to those settings on my own (except for wheel speed).

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

While only Williams had active suspension in 1992 (F-HiTech Gen 1), compared to 1991 most teams were now messing with traction control, semi-auto boxes etc, gaining more and more experience with it. I do not think it's outside the realm of possibility that the 1992 cars drove quite differently than the 1991 cars. Obviously I did not drive these cars, so who really knows? Just doing some forum blabla :)

Even with the current regulations, in 2022 it was often painful to watch the cars squirm their way around low speed corners, it almost looked F1 unworthy. While the weight of the cars and their way of producing downforce will never make them look great at low speeds, at least things improved a lot as far as that goes.

A year is a loooong time in F1, things can change pretty quickly... McLaren says hi.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

There are good mods out there. I don't race GT3 but the best one I found is a mod (of course, just a matter of preference).

It's not just equipment manufacturers that spend little time explaining their products, on the software is the same thing. Usually, marketing has a share that should have been spent on an engineer explaining the product. It's above my comprehension why games don't have text explaining in detail what does what. There are non-intrusive ways of doing it, just like my suggestion about "Advanced" settings, it doesn't have to make UI a mess.
    A good explanation limits product dissatisfaction by a mile.

Moza settings are linear by default. You may want to take advantage of the new inertia slider to cancel wheel oscillations (Default+ needs 250% on my FSR wheel, while my custom FFB needs 200% - so, adjust it to accordingly).

• Like Like x 1
  19. mansell

mansell Active Member

mods and "ports" are not the same.
    especially when "porting" means finding a way to copy-paste licensed content from one game to another. this could be named "cracking" or "hacking" in some cases...
    my opinion.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Bađi

Bađi Member

That's exactly my point. However noone in the modding scene is going to come up with a new car so are all mods rips to some extent?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.