Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaCross

MaCross Retro Racer

The other day I had a 50% race at the "Azure" (Monaco) track as part of a classic F1 championship. As usual, it was an unsatisfying experience with the AI. Mass crashes every other lap, completely blocking the track. Leading cars unable to pass backmarkers, losing 10 seconds per lap. By the penultimate lap I led by two laps, before encountering a stranded car in the middle of the road at the harbor chicane sending me flying on my roof. No yellow flags were shown. Race over, great fun!

Coming back to Renatos quote - I'm well aware, that that track is one of the worst to showcase the AIs abilities, but nonetheless I'd really like to see, how the 1.6 AI behaves on Azure and whether it is now possible to have a somewhat decent race there. I am curious if the lapped cars move over and leave enough room to pass.
    As I guess there won't be a such a video - and fully understand from a marketing stand point - I am going to try that myself, when the update is out.

So, am I reading this right, that this is a global menu option for all the AI cars/drivers like the overall strength? For example, if we set the traction skill to the lowest value all drivers won't find their throttle pedal and accelerate like grandma on a sunday afternoon drive? :D
    Wouldn't it be possible to set this individually for each driver in the talent file, so that the greats have better abilities than the back end of the field? I'm thinking of the great season mods by IMG and others, for those that would be a great option to further diversify the field.

2. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

A pretty good picture of simracing game landscape (except I don't expect much of ACE in sports racing department).
    Although I cannot complain about the MP side of AMS2 (for small groups), I see the point of not having, at least, 60 cars in MP experience been a problem for certain communities, like endurance racers (although, they are not the big chunk in simracing either).

Really hoping to have an even more rewarding experience with AI in AMS2 in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. DannyDB

DannyDB New Member

The question has probably already been raised, but do yellow flags actually work? I've tried experimenting with the various options, but I've never seen yellow flags signal a hazard on the track, whether caused by me or the AI.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

drove a multiclass 45 min. race on RCO yesterday on SPA, around 9 LMDHs and 9 GT3s
    Was highly enjoyable.
    Also shows that you do not necessarily need a full grid to have fun and engaging races, if the population grows enough, that it provides kinda similarly skilled player distribution on services like RCO or LFM.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Harry_Harras

Harry_Harras New Member

That is very odd to me, because yellows are working most of the time and in most cases yellows give me enough warning timewise to adjust. Thats not to say there are problems, but "never" indicates like you having the feature off.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. _Diego _

_Diego _ Member

In the May Dev update Renato talked about this

"We have also added support for various types of new vehicle lights, ranging from extra headlights to blinking warning LEDsas well as purposeful LEDs such as the P2P status lights in the Brazilian Stock Car Pro series."
    Could any Beta tester confirm if the P2P light on Brazilian stock cars is working? If you can, please share it, of course!

7. achus59

achus59 New Member

Yes of course, on Sunday
    also in the hope of taking home something cheap.... ;)

8. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Oh we're definitely special, they have schools and olympics for people like us.

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, we’re obviously playing the wrong game to start with, just ask the internet… it’s madness! Now we’re all stuck in the “Derek Zoolander center for kids who can’t race good and who wanna learn to do other stuff good too”

But truthfully, I do not think there is much hope for us.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Only if Heusinkveld attends, so I can walk up to Niels. Say I work for/with Reiza. He doesn't believe me. I open all kind of apps to show him. He be like: 'Yoooo, broooo.' He high fives me, and we have a beer or five in the pub. We make a selfie, send it to Renato, and Renato be like: 'Yoooo, broooooo.' After a whole roadtrip back to Groningen, like Hangover 1 & 2, we end up totally wasted playing AMS1 in his rig at the HE Headquarters.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Not for me , I’m mainly offline so can’t comment on online. I never see a yellow and have come across cars stuck across the track under no flags

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I can’t recall one , Nearly 500 hrs offline

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm down for that party!
    I'll be easy to spot in the crowds. :D

20241008_223307.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

The full Le Mans layout with only 32 cars feels very empty most of the time. Same with the Nordschleife.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Me too, more than 2000 hours offline, I only have full course yellow, or absolutely nothing. I never had a local yellow flag. Also although most of circuits are fine for offline racing, Monaco is the exception. It’s really hard to have a decent offline race, AI behaviour there is still far from ideal. Normally I won’t use it on custom championship due to this reason. And also Monza 91 first chicane is also a bit of a mess. Hope both benefits from 1.6 update.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bađi

Bađi Member

After 50 hours of playing which I will admit is not a long time but with 98% of it spent offline, I've never had local yellows nor full course yellow flags. I've run multi-class events and blues work correctly but I can't say the same for yellows. Next time I'm home I'll try and cause a carnage on track to see if they come up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I don't recall yellows either (aside from FCY) but Jim always gives me a heads up!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mista

Mista New Member

Will the sound mix be updated in the future?
    I have to say, the way LMU sounds when you’re overtaken or have a car beside you is incredible! But I’m wondering if there will be improvements to the overall sound mix.

Will the raindrops on the windshield be redesigned in an upcoming update?
    Right now, the raindrops don’t reflect light realistically compared to other sims like AC, ACC, iRacing, or RF2.
    upload_2024-10-10_23-21-11.jpeg
    upload_2024-10-10_23-22-47.jpeg
    It would be great to see improvements here, as it’s mentioned in this thread from 2021 too:
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/water-on-windshield-kinda-an-immersion-breaker.18523

For those testing 1.6: Has the cartoonish look been fixed?
    Any chance we might get a white balance editor? I know reshade can fix it, but that’s not an option in VR.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mista

Mista New Member

Will the raindrops on the windshield be redesigned in an upcoming update?
    Right now, the raindrops don’t reflect light realistically compared to other sims like AC, ACC, iRacing, or RF2.
    View attachment 36436
    View attachment 36437
    It would be great to see improvements here, as it’s mentioned in this thread from 2021 too:
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/water-on-windshield-kinda-an-immersion-breaker.18523

For those testing 1.6: Has the cartoonish look been fixed?
    Any chance we might get a white balance editor? I know reshade can fix it, but that’s not an option in VR.

20. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Welcome to the forum o/
    That looks like an accidental double post Sir :whistle:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.