Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

1.5 was released in august

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I edited a couple more information in for perspective.

Anyway, 1.5 was released in July and 1.5.3 was released in November. Christmas was the big Le Mans content drop.

I personally don't think it's gonna take this long.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

You are right it was the Le Man update - have updated my post

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

Yeah i was thinking on the Le Mans update

5. Djin

Djin Member

One month ago, Renato said they were not aiming for perfection, but for "excellence". To me, this suggests that they won’t release anything that is still a work in progress.

Hopefully, the 1.6 update will be available this year, but if it’s not, that’s okay—let them cook! :) I’m sure most of us would agree that we don’t want a broken update at launch.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2024 at 12:04 PM
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Except the game is a work in progress. You have to determine a certain point at which you conclude that you have reached "enough" maturity for a feature to be released. That's Renato's decision to make. I think he just wanted to emphasize that there will be higher standards this time than previously.

There will always be things to improve. If you want to truly "finish" something before release, you'll be stuck in development hell literally forever.

• Agree Agree x 12
  7. John Hart12

John Hart12 New Member

I have had so many offline full course yellow flags I turned them off in the options, wasn't worth it in short races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Djin

Djin Member

One thing is certain: if AMS2 had only been released now, the team would never have been able to achieve all the improvements the sim has benefited from since its release in 2020. By putting their game to the test in real-world conditions, Reiza has gained invaluable feedback and made much more effective progress.
    Racing sims that launch perfectly on day one simply don’t exist anymore, even studios with massive resources like Polyphony Digital can’t pull it off.

As you said, at some point, Renato will have to make the call and release the update, and it's almost certain that we’ll see a series of patches right after, as always. I think that’s probably why the team took a small break—they know there will be work to do right after 1.6 drops.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2024 at 1:07 PM
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Honestly this is quite an unnecessary harsh response.

To all the other guys, thanks a lot, that was exactly the pieces of information I was looking for.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Wasn’t trying to be harsh, I was trying to be realistic

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We've learned not to kick the wasps nest. :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

This community have a problem. Only 2 game have people online. Iracing and acc. All of the other are dead. But they are more fun, less overprice, better physic, graphic. I don’t understand

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

I gave up trying to understand that a long time ago.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Not entirely true, there are many leagues doing regular racing in other sims, AC and RF2 are particularly strong in that area.

Iracing pretty much cornered the market for those that want that kind of online experience, most of it's users have sunk that much money into it, it would take something seismic for them to change to something else.

ACC became popular because of it's focus on the most popular series for sim racers.

I can't ever see AMS2 becoming that popular in online ranking races even with LFM. If all it offers is more GT3 races or stuff already offered in Iracing then people will stick with what they know.

It would probably make sense to focus on the Brazilian stock car series, as that is like a complete game within a game, but it is unlikely that will attract enough interest.

I hope that AMS2 is popular in LFM, but I really can't see that happening, only time will tell.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

I think lmu could replace acc in the futur. The only problem is the lack of tracks. And with the positive news from yesterday, I believe it. Curious, how many player in the sim communauty play multiplayer online vs solo ? For me I don’t have the need to play multi. I have already stress and pressure in life, that I don’t want it for my hobbie ?

16. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I see a chance for the Lmdh Cars on LFM. They are also very popular in iracing and AMS2 could be a good alternative to that on LFM. AMS2 also has a lot of tracks where this cars fit perfectly!
    LMP2 could also be a huge thing and of course F1 through all the different eras.

17. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

I dunno about vintage Monaco, but since the game has a big focus over Senna's era I'd expect a version from that time in a future Historic Track Pack pt. 3 DLC. Maybe the 1984 version, the second to last year with that fast and dangerous chicane, the year when Ayrton almost had his first victory but the race was stopped due to a Fren... a terrible storm. The problem is we don't have the Toleman from 1984, so maybe a version between 1988 to 1993, all won by Senna. The chicane is more similar to what we have today, but the pool area was different, amongst some other small differences.

Track layout from 1986 to 1996.
    upload_2024-10-11_11-11-31.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Correction: Le Mans update was not on Christmas, but on New Year's Eve (for our Asian friends it was already New Year). It was released on the afternoon of December 31st and no one could believe that.

19. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

Not only that, there was also an update on the same day to correct a bug.

20. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend Member

I enjoy the Brazilian stock cars in AMS2 but agree they wont attract enough interest, I bought the Brazilian stock cars in iRacing (after AMS2) and every race I considered joining had 0 entries or maybe 1 person. In hindsight it was a waste of money buying the car in iRacing.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.