Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

A piece of cheese should be clear enough :D

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's all a balancing act, and I think since the folks at Reiza are getting some much needed rest it's a good time to pump the brakes on hyping up (and doomposting about) 1.6. I just dont think it's what most people want to see right now, hype is an exhaustable resource and I think most folks are pretty drained.

Honestly I don't think very many people want to hear anything about 1.6 unless it comes from a devs mouth or if said person is asking a specific question. The [redacted] jokes come off as braggy, and the "this will come out in December" jokes come off as overly-cynical neither of which is really helping anyone.

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Of course this is not isolated to this forum and is well know enough to have its own saying,
    "it's like trying to teach a pig to speak, it is a waste of time and it annoys the hell out of the pig!"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I have access, but haven't tried it.

5. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll be easy to spot. :D

20241008_223307.jpg

But to the 1.6 references...would anyone feel better if I said it was crap and I was disappointed instead? ;)

We're obviously limited to what we can actually say about it aside from some jovial banter, it hopefully shouldn't be much longer till everyone can find out and form their own opinions anyway. :)

6. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Sex & drugs & rock 'n' roll

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Instead of poking the bear, how about you let people form their own opinions when it's out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

For everyone. Just expect something in november/december and you will be fine at least before daytona.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

...like I mentioned at the end of my post you mean?

Anyway, to nip this in the bud before it strays even more off topic I hope for everyone that's been eagerly waiting for 1.6 that your wait is a short one. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

This is the first wk end where I’ve not really been checking for news , been non stop with Taekwondo National Championships at Hertford yesterday and my wife bombarding me with relocating to Nova Scotia :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

My online experience was, well... intense. I also need a lot of practice to get my times high enough to enjoy a race (be fast and consistent). That's why I abandoned it for now.
    But online experience do make us go where we though it was impossible before, we learn a lot from (just watching) others. And is very rewarding.
    I do expect to do some LFM races in AMS2, but I doubt I'll commit to online racing like I did before.

I think Reiza did a good communication job, but people didn't "read" it correctly.
    This is what 'I read': Reiza/Renato said the new dev cycle (v1.6) was expected to be long, to be able to change things that cannot be implemented on an incremental way - It would break the game in an unacceptable way. He talked about summer (Europe/Northern Hemisphere), and people read "it's ready in June!!".
    Right now, the game is delayed a few weeks on a 7 months period. Even the word "delayed" is, to me, formally incorrect.
    If v1.6 is half of what beta testers are saying it is, it's well worth the time.

I prefer the truth over deception or lies.
    Renato's communication have been transparent (as much as he can be without deliver the keys to the enemy).

I'm on my third week of vacations, at home, near my rig, and my birthday is 4 weeks from now. Christmas is also around the corner. I hope Reiza doesn't care about it and only delivers v1.6 when it's ready.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

My personal opinion is that the Reizas, starting with Renato and all the collaborators, want something that is worth tasting.
    This puts them beyond any "industrial" planning.
    "Craftsmanship" is a precious gift that is being lost in the world of multinationals.
    A certain bewilderment is inevitable for the moment in which announcements are given and the time that passes between the announcements and their realization, but we should still be grateful to the Reizas who prefer to take care of something that today the industry no longer takes care of: the health of its collaborators and the quality of the products.
    If the price "to pay" is the waiting time, it is the least we can bear to have what they have in mind to let us find in our PCs :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Zesh

Zesh Member AMS2 Club Member

Beautiful part of the country, not the best time zone for online lobbies though.

14. John Istead

John Istead New Member

I don’t know why you bother continuing to post on this stream, you obviously have given up on AMS2. Great, that’s your prerogative, but why you need to be so negative I can’t understand. You were the only person to give a negative feedback to my last post. Doesn’t that make you feel you are in the minority? Just let the rest of us wait for v1.6 & give Renato some peace. Thanks

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

AMS2 is my sim of choice but it's a little disappointing that after 4 years there are still some very basic aspects that haven't been fixed.
    The two that spring to mind are the AI being too fast in the wet and the AI never using medium or hard tyres; (oh and don't even get me started on the half-assed replay system).
    I'll be disappointed if the 1.6 update doesn't fix the medium/hard tyre issue.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Did the pig tell you that he's annoyed?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Depends on the class to how fast the cars are in the wet, some classes they are too slow. I believe that is part of the calibration process. How many classes will be right in 1.6 is yet to be seen. You should also consider that in some cases it's not the AI that is too fast but us that are too slow in the rain.

There are a lot of small persistent bugs in the game, some that have been there since day one, I am hoping that if 1.6 is the polished product that we have been promised any remaining long term bugs will be ironed out in the next development cycle. There shouldn't be much else for the team to do...;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@CrimsonEminence
    Please Administrator, do something about this constant off topic nonsense, you've let this go on for far too long. You are the admin, you please take proper action. This forum is a joke a very unfunny joke! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Some posts have been moved to General Chit-Chat

Guys, the patience of having posts moved to that thread is exhausted at some point - if you can't follow the simple request to put topic-unrelated posts to a general discussion thread, posts will be simply deleted.

• Like Like x 21
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

With cars using slicks and rain tyres instead of all weather compounds (like the open wheelers), the AI is way too fast when weather changes from dry to wet. They can stay out for ages with slicks on a soaked track in cars without driving aids, driving like on rails without losing as much time as the player, who suffers from extreme grip loss and has to pit quite soon. In short races, the AI does not pit at all and ends the race on slicks on a completely wet surface.
    I often tried to reduce AI's performance by editing the parameter "<wet_skill>" in the Custom AI-file, but it did not really help. With very low values, the AI still does not lose as much time on slicks in rain as they should.
    To me, that is a kind of leftover from those Project Cars games, where the AI was completely unwilling to pit and was programmed to be able to drive with any tyres in whatever conditions.

So, the Madness engine provides a beautiful weather system that does not require a monster-PC, but using the feature when racing the AI is senseless with many car classes.
    You can compete in dry conditions with the AI-strength that fits you, but when conditions change to wet, the AI all over sudden drives circles around you on slick tyres.

Another thing is a training/qualifying on a wet track.
    Here, the AI uses rain tyres, but when leaving the garage, their compounds are obviously already warm, whilst the player has stone cold tyres and problems with getting them to temperature.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.