Automobilista 2 September 2024 Development Update - The Road to V1.6 Pt2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 17, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

If I like the 1.6 driving physics, I will try LFM a bit and I hope for some nice ELMS and DTM skins from the modding community!

• Like Like x 2
  2. OnionJack

OnionJack New Member

I have already spotted intereuropol lmp2 so mods won't be necessary for me :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. mr cheese

mr cheese New Member

Fireworks

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. _Diego _

_Diego _ Member

The light on the windshield of Brazilian stock cars, which indicates the use of Push to pass. download.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Nibi-Vr

Nibi-Vr New Member

I Hope swap with real driver (not with iA) for play a long race : sifflet : but I don’t think this feature will be arrived:(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  7. T.Ives

T.Ives Professional Dilly Dallier

You guys back from break?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

48 cars on track. Finally will be able to do multiclass events with a big enough field to make it worthwhile. And also the significant AI improvements.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 6
  10. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

The correction of AI behaviour under blue flag, especially in a multi class race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Two of my favorite cars in the game!

Any hints to how much 1.6 improves them? The Porsche especially needs more of it's character to shine through.

12. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

are we talking now about months rather than weeks? i know that it will be ready when it's ready, but at this point of october, me and many others had assume that it will takes more than two weeks to deploy...that means november...and people hypping others all the time should consider to stop because, when the update finally deploy, that hype and people's spectations will play against the update. it's just my opinion. i personally don't think it will be a game changer in any aspect of the sim. of course will be better than the version we have now but, at some point, if reiza team want to polish the sim, they should consider their point of view and start look at the game code to find persisting bugs that we have from the "project cars"era. it is good to have new content, but it is better to play it without flagrant bugs from the beggining of the time. almost five years after the early acces they are still there. we don't have a polished MP sistem and rating sistem...we have cars and tracks from the resistance but we can't change drivers with another human player...the AI looks like a early access game's AI...they don't use other compound than soft and when the track gets wet, they fly with slicks while you are 10 seconds slower...mini cooper s B at adelaide has a bug where the front tyres are under the tarmac and i think that this is compromissing the handle of the car, not just visual...etc...etc
    don't get me wrong, i'm in love with this sim and is the only one for me till AC EVO gets out as a full version, but we can't denay that there is a lot of work to be done and not too much time to do it. i don't want this sim to be unfinished as others and i'm affraid that this is probably the case.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Les expos de mtl

Les expos de mtl Member

It will be the first corv
    Nobody know anything. Only the dev know. As you assume it won’t come this month. I truly don’t understand what is going on with the developpment. But, they is something wrong with them because all the team are in vacation (burn out). The udpate. Part 2 was a confusing because no time line.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

While people wait for 1.6 one thing they could do is to check track temperatures at different times of the year, and figure out dates at each track location where track temperature isn't too hot or too cold. Keeping tires at the proper temperatures is very important in 1.6.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

:eek::rolleyes: oh, calm down my heart..

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

To work on your Physique you must run DD at 20nm+ one full hour, three days a week. You will look great and receive much personal contentment.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

The new graphics. Along with the other changes, it'll make it feel like a whole new sim.

• Like Like x 3
  18. OldButVerySlow

OldButVerySlow New Member

I really hope for better multiplayer-features (bop and success-ballast, time penalties etc.) with an easier to setup up dedicated server. The increase to 36 drivers online is a nice step, but not enough in the long term, especially for multi-class races.
    I really hope that AMS2 can bring the fight to iRacing with proper IMSA-racing, including endurance (which also means driver swaps).
    But most of that is probably content for 1.7 or 1.8 :(

19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont know where you got the 36 players online from, but the dedi is still limited to max 32, and an ingame lobby as well, depending on the track, cause some tracks have a lower number of slots available

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In the single player you even have 48 starting positions if the track allows it from the pit positions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.