Audio issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Charles Coutts, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Charles Coutts

Charles Coutts New Member

I've noticed a hissing or whining sound when running (at least) Formula Ultimate, V10 and V12 cars. I don't hear it when I run shifter karts though. I adjusted the volumes and isolated it to the engine sounds. However, when I open the .wav files in the sounds folder, everything sounds normal. Anyone have any ideas? I've already made sure my audio settings in the config tool are correct and verified my files in Steam.

Thanks!

2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Hello there, it is known bug but so far we haven't been able to nail what exactly is causing it. It for sure is not issue with audio files.

When you say you isolated it to engine sounds, can you confirm/describe how you did so?

Can you reproduce this bug at any time? What settings, how many AI cars, audio settings?

Thank you!

3. Charles Coutts

I isolated it to engine sounds using the volume sliders in-game.

I've noticed it when racing both online and offline, with and without AI and I even noticed it with the Endurance mod I downloaded the other day. What do you want to know as far as audio settings? I'm using on-board audio with a Kraken headset.

4. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Isn't it the helicopter sound? It is from environment, not engine sounds, but that's what usually kept playing in the background on some Mod tracks for me.

5. Domagoj Lovric

What audio output configuration (Config tool)?
    AudioPostFX level in game options? If you may, pls test different levels, does distortion occur. How many cars on track was there?

It's not such distinctive sound. It's best described as very loud white noise.

6. Charles Coutts

Stereo Headphones and Vsync/Enable DynHUD both unchecked. I've been trying to reproduce the problem, but haven't been able to yet. Funny, it's been going on a few weeks now, but it seems to be working because I posted here?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Domagoj Lovric

Hehe. Thats somewhat my experience. You don't know would you laugh or cry.
    I never got to reproduce it, yet some team members experienced it too.
    Can you check your AudioPostFX ingame audio options setting? Perhaps if it was on "Full" maybe you lowered it when isolating to engine sounds (adjusting sliders)? Pls report what is current setting, as it turns on/off certain audio, well, post processing.

8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Is this the same noise ? I am getting this with all cars in all races now but it seems to only happen when a lot of cars near me !

Its quite piercing and annoying ! is this on my end or an AMS thing because ive never heard it before and ive only just came back to AMS after getting back into 2D racing . Full grid of cars per track unless i get a CTD then i reduce by 2 at a time till it loads !
    Screenshot (10).png

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  9. Domagoj Lovric

@2ndLastJedi Have you verified this happens with AMS content as well?
    This is probably something to do with that mod wav samples.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  10. 2ndLastJedi

I was just using the same content as Paul from RD on YouTube (MCR at Guapore) and its there but not as loud! I can get a clip if needed. It's happening only when lots of cars are near.

11. 2ndLastJedi

At 0:45 - 0:49 you can hear it and at 3:48 again and numerous other times throughout the video .

12. Henrique Araújo

Henrique Araújo New Member

Try to use AudioPostFX on "Low" setting, and disable the Reverb too, i have this same issue when i play with EEC GT3 Mod, and swap AudioPostFX to low and Reverb disabled, this help me a lot...
    Don't forget to say if is works for you, for me is work fine with this tweak.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Henrique Araújo

Henrique Araújo New Member

Well, in my case the easiest way to reproduce this "bug" is using the EEC GT3 Mod (i know, is a unnofficial content and the support is not avaliable, but in the official content the bug is very hard to reproduce.)
    With EEC GT3 Mod, start a race in the last position of the grid (with 20 or more cars). On the first turn the cars will be very closer with others, and the bug starts.
    (please, use any track with hard braking zone on the turn 1, in my tests i have lot of "audio bug" on the Monza T1) the cars will be very closer with others, and the bug starts.
    This tests are made with AudioPostFX in "full" and Reverb on "High", on the Audio Output config, i use the Stereo Headphones option.

14. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

This thread is more than 2 years old now, but i’ve been having this same issue, especially with the Formula V12. I get that high pitched whining/buzzing sound whenever I run over a kerb or go off track. It’s seriously ear piercing and annoying. Doesn’t happen with every car, just some. I tried turning the AudioPostFX from full to low, and the I turned the reverb off, but that didn't actually fix the problem, and it generally just made the sound quality pretty poor.

The issue is much more pronounced when using the “swingman” (chase) camera, from the cockpit it’s way more subtle. I noticed that the rental karts experience this issue too!

Did anyone ever find a decent fix?

15. Eimantas

Eimantas New Member

I get that sound too when racing with the F3 cars 2018 season mod and the original and the FIA GT3 ...when I look left or right or behind me it stops, but it's loud and annoying....

16. Raven_ARG

Raven_ARG Member

Same bug here.
    Car: MCR
    Track: Bathurst

It happens when you are braking and exiting the turn 1, starting from last.. and in other corners too when getting close to a bunch of cars exiting a corner.
    Tried disabling reverb sound and 0%, but the bug is still there. A high pitch noise like 2ndlastjedi video.