AMS and Windows 10 Creators edition

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Paul Fenwick, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Member AMS2 Club Member

Need help !! my win 10 updated to the creators edition before xmas and ruined AMS ...so i just rolled back windows and everything was fine. It updated again last week and again ruined AMS. i tried all the suggestions i found here (diablo 3 mode) and still the graphics were not sharp at all, so again i rolled back windows !! every day now my pc wants to update to creators edition and everyday i have to uninstall the win 10 updater assistant which automatically installs....it's driving me crazy !! i need a once and for all fix for this which gets my AMS (and Raceroom) back to it's previous visual splendour....HELP ME !!!!

2. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think your problem is somewhere else. I'm on the latest Win10 update and AMS works as it should.
    Of course i had some problems (freezes) a few weeks ago, but only because Win10 had installed some gfx card drivers, which doesn't work well. After installing original Nvidia drivers (currently 388.59) all works smooth. AA is also working.

And you should at least post your hardware configuration. It's almost impossible to help without some more info.

3. Paul Fenwick

Maybe it's just that I needed to install latest nvidia drivers. Didn't think of that lol

4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

5. Paul Fenwick

ernie....did you do the fixes in the thread that Alex posted....i did them previous to no avail but i didn't re-install my graphics drivers...i just assumed they would be as before

6. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well .... there are a lot of suggestions in this specific thread.
    The only thing i've had done, was reinstalling my Nvidia driver, because the driver, which was automatically installed by Win10 (home), gave me many freezes.
    And .... i never install die 3D vision driver, which comes with the Nvidia driver package. I always do a custom installation and only select the Graphics driver. No 3D vision driver, no Nvidia experience, no Nvidia HD audio driver.

And i'm using no Win10 gaming mode for AMS.

BTW .... im still on Nvidia driver v388.59. It's not the newest, but it runs stable.

7. Paul Fenwick

well i've just updated my windows again to creators edition.....and the nvidia driver was exactly the same as before, so i just updated to the latest driver. tried the game and no AA game looked awful. so went into nvidia control panel to put my settings in and they are exactly as i left it before the update. so tried the nvidainspector suggestion as alex alluded to in the thread he linked...set it to diablo 3 and pressed apply changes but if i open it again it hasn't saved the settings. anyhow i deleted my setting in nvidia control panel back to default then put them back in again as to what it was before the update and again no difference. i'm not playing the game in windowed mode just to force it to work !! plus now the game is saying i have not bought the dlc packs yet i have the damn season pass...so i now have no access to the dlc!!!! **** THIS i'm just gonna roll back to my old version of windows and cancel the automatic upgrades every damn day .......this is ridiculous !!

8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

In my experience Windows 10's game mode is useless and my games run better with it turned off. It isn't compatible with every game, it doesn't disable any of the useless background processes that cause high disk/cpu usage and it disables good stuff like Nvidia Shadowplay.