1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza General Update - Fresh News All Around!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

In terms of physics, i think AMS already is a very solid base. I am already achieving levels of fidelity and feel that i think even surpass the vanilla content, and can rival any newer game out there.

If anything, i wonder what the new update will correct.

It would be nice to have a few more variables in terms of tire wear, or even for the race weekend, like a limit for fuel for the race, etc. if not for AMS, at least for the new game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Ahem...just to be on topic...how it goes with Cart 1988 mod?

3. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

DaVeX i have been working on it in the middle of my other projects, and i already have a good base for the physics in AMS, the only sticky point is that i cannot control how much more fuel the extra turbo boost uses. Aside from that, the road course car is driving better than ever, i might launch a early teaser soon ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to hearing more about the new project in the future. If it has VR and a closed wheel classic race car or two then I will instabuy! Hopefully some of the fun cars from AMS make their way into Reiza19.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's the reason why I said it. The kart sim pro mod with Reiza circuits would be a match made in heaven.

7. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

My two cents is that Reiza will collaborate with S397 and only will focus on DLC's...i hope not but im afraid it will be...

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

So S397 should damage their relationship with the existing kart modders who also made it clear they plan to release more tracks? And Reiza should not keep all the awesome kart tracks in their own title to encourage people to buy it (AMS and AMS 2)?

That's why I said don't hold your breath :)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So if one group has Sebring, another cant release Spa? lol

10. Marc Collins

Anyone can release anything they want, but some thought about staying in business might be useful.

Presumably you think there is no such thing as competitve advantage?

11. Will Mazeo

There would be no competition between Reiza tracks and the ones Kartsim plans to release in this case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Erwin

Erwin New Member

I hope Reiza will continue improving AMS like they did in the past years, and release it as AMS2 with added content. AMS is so feature rich right now, it would take a lot of time to rebuild it from scratch, I suppose. Also, what sets AMS apart from other sims it that it runs fine on older hardware.

There are still things to improve. The menus in AMS(2) could be much faster (see GTR2). The in-session replay system could get a timeseek bar. The online weekly time trails could get a more prominent place in the main menu, to challenge more players into it. Many updates combined jusitify a new release..

Thanks for the update!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Marc Collins

LOL

14. Will Mazeo

Group 1 tells Marcell "hey! we'll license all Euro tracks not present in rF2 and sell it there".
    Group 2 tells Marcell "hey! we'll license all tracks in America not present in rF2 and sell it there".

Based on your logic Marcell should decline group 2 for no reason whatsoever.... because Kartsim focus is on UK tracks afaik... do Reiza have them licensed? I dont play karts but I doubt they do

15. Marc Collins

Your concept of competition and competitive advantage is clearly different. S397 is not going to have two different kart DLCs, unless they were disingenuous with the Kartsim folks from the outset.

Reiza would be stupid to transfer their karts or tracks to rF2 when they currently have a better selection for their own title.

Why don't we suggest Reiza convert all their best content for rF2 DLC? Others have suggested that. What are they then left with for their own next generation title!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hey, I would love to put R3E tracks into AMS and rF2. They are the best available. Happy to pay a premium price for the superior artistry. Sector 3 will never do this because they are not so stupid as to eliminate a major reason for people to buy their own title.

No sim does everything well or the best. They each need to hang on to whatever is unique, superior or whatever they have licensed to compel people to buy their product. It's not really very complicated.

16. Will Mazeo

There are many reasons some stuff happens and some others dont. The main one is licensing costs. ;) I mean... you know you usually get a license for a title, right?

Some tracks and cars are common to all sims (or can easily be) if you get a good deal on a license and can sell them in more than one sim you could do it. In the end we dont actually know how things happen... maybe one guy actually owns track/cars licenses in more than one sim and we are just not aware of that (insert multiple question marks here)
    How much having a couple of tracks in Sim A prevents Sim B from selling anyway(question mark) Do you have the numbers(more question marks)
    Kinda like EA and their exclusive deal with Porsches, you remember those cars still appeared in some titles?

Maybe your concept of competition or competitive advantage is very narrow and naive. But what do I or you know (more question marks)
    Nuff said :)

17. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't really see how RF2 Devs would be damaging their relationship with KSP? Yeah I spoke to the guys at KSP on FB about releasing certain UK tracks I used to race on years ago as a nipper (Shennington/Clay/Three Sisters), but they were asking me to cough up like £250 for the circuits, along with others in a track pack.

I told them I'd wait till they released other tracks at a later date on RF2, thanks anyways!!

18. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 New Member

I'm still confused about the membership thing.

Is Season pass owner the same as membership or not?
    Because when i purchased AMS long ago I paid for Season pass and AMS Beta (and also own rF2) but don't remember anything about a membership. So wondering if I get the rF2 DLC for free as I don't see any differences between one and the other.

19. hashegotabeard

hashegotabeard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To the best of my knowledge Membership refers exclusively to those who purchased the Membership pack from here (see link at right of page).

If you purchased the season pass through Steam you aren't a 'member' so don't get access to the Reiza 51 forum for example, but you get all the DLC (for AMS) and a download for the beta. I'd therefore take an educated guess that they are not included in the offer.

Reiza like to support the people that backed the original concept via their crowd funding campaign and subsquently those that bought the game from them directly i.e Membership Packs.

As a Season Pass holder you're still getting the final DLC, which according to the opening post, would've had to have been charged for if released as originally planned.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 New Member

@hashegotabeard
    I see. I was fearing that would be the case :(
    I was already planning on buying it, so no big deal
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.