1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza General Update - Fresh News All Around!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sim physics will always divide opinion. My experience of visiting game forums is AC fans love AC physics, PC2 fans love PC2 physics, iRacing fans love iRacing physics, R3E fans love R3E physics, rF2 fans love rF2 physics and AMS fans love AMS physics. We have to get over the idea that just because we don't like sim Xs physics that fans of sim X must be driving it for the graphics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

People are talking like Reiza have announced the engine, did i miss something or are we still speculating? I know it was stated that they have decided but thought they hadn't made it public yet what way they went.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's the whole point of why people would like to see them both working together dude. Reiza doing their touch in a superior engine. Get it?
    Nobody is saying rF2 is good as it, everyone, even rF2 fans, are aware of the mess that game can be. We talk about the base, the capability and what a group like Reiza could do ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Dream world, unless you have an actual business and logistics plan of how this would or even could work.

There is no magic. To make rF2 engine shine requires far more resources than have ever been available to make it happen. True for ISI and true for S397. And now we have proof that our friends at Reiza can't work a miracle, either. To get the new DLC to their standard of quality is taking far too long if you base it on all the whinging about why isn't it released yet.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Will Mazeo

It's taking long because of new PBR shaders, some may prefer to release it ready rather than do an update later. And now we got bonus cars and tracks coming. If they wait for new PBR track shaders it's going to take some time more, I'm fine with that.
    I actually wish S397 did the same and at least updated all DLC with these before releasing the challengers pack. They should have waited to release both cars and track shaders together.

I think S397 is rewrting a big part of rF2 code to make the UI like they did with graphic engine... things should progress way faster after that. Renato probably knows what is going on. I'll hope AMS 2 is done with this engine as base anyway. At least I hope no UE4.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

^^^^ This !
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. traind

traind Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I own and drive them all but clearly some more than others. PC2 rallyX feels good to me and a few of the road legal cars do too. The tire model at the limit on these cars is entertaining. So I see that PC2 has its strengths, no doubt. But AMS has consistent, high strengths and not many weaknesses in how the cars feel. PC2 is allover the place and many vehicles just feel poor, imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. schouba88

schouba88 Member AMS2 Club Member

I bought AMS + season pass on Steam, i can have reiza pack on rf2 for free ?

9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also bought them, will i get rFactor 2 for free if we get the rf2 pack for free? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The pack is available by application in Reiza 51 forum to users who recieved the Season Pass and beta access via the IndieGoGo campaign or a purchase on the forum webstore.

11. schouba88

schouba88 Member AMS2 Club Member

136/5000

I am very disappointed I bought all the DLC and the season pass automobilista on Steam I thought it would entitle RF2 reiza pack

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

What made you think that if you bought a game on Steam that it would entitle you to DLC from a completely different game ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Randall Kipker

Randall Kipker New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks... I supported the Crowd Funding via IndieGoGo campaign... please email me at msueng455@gmail.com or let me know here how to obtain my code for the rF2 bundle.

Thanks for the gift

14. Will Mazeo

He just told you where to get it...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dave Stephenson

You need to upgrade your forum account with backer status. Follow the link below and complete the process and you will have access to the Reiza 51 where the rf2 thread is located.

https://forum.reizastudios.com/ams-beta-upgrade/request-key

16. Randall Kipker

Dave, this is not working for me... I entered in my email and it's not sending me a beta access code.

You can look me up
    Randall Kipker
    randall@randallkipker.us

Thanks for your help

17. Dave Stephenson

note that the mail will be delivered to your supplied IndieGoGo address not the one on your forum account. Can you confirm that is the one you checked please?

18. RodentYell

RodentYell New Member

Is there away for the rf2 car pack to stop eating so much fps?? it seems to be the mirrors, which are taking on average 50/80 fps extra..

19. Randall Kipker

Yes I've checked my randall@randallkipker.us account... unless it's come today. I'll recheck... but it was not imeeditate.

20. Dave Stephenson

It looks like there may have been an issue on our side. If you could start the request again it will generate a new mail which should be delivered close to immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.