1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seasons, weatherss and snow ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Kolysion, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

Project cars 2 have all the seasons, all the weathers and a winter track version in many tracks.
    Will AMS be the same or will it have only 1 season + only rain ?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I hope they have winter for the ice track!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Rain and weather doesn't interest me and if it rains during an online race i usually just leave. Hate it. I mean why would you bother...... seems a bit like 3D Tvs. Nice idea but noone uses it! Put it in the same basket as the 3D grass advocates.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

I gotta respectfully disagree with you @Supa as I have been running in league races since before online racing was a thing. Changing weather that no one can predict adds such an unknown element to the races. No one knows when it will start or when it will end. When to pit or when to stay out. Adding that layer makes the races all the more interesting and I look forward to it in AMS2. :)

:hurrayreiza:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

I don’t care driving in rain,snow. I don’t like it. Nevertheless I hope for those who like it, it will be build in AMS2 but that is not a problem I guess as Pcars has it.

6. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Normally I do not like it either, I prefer racing in the dry. But on the other hand, rain is so amazingly awesome visually, especially with thunderstorms and in the night... I usually only race online, but from time to time I do get to do some offline wet races in PCARS2, mainly for the visual experience (which is not to be underestimated, it help a lot with the immersion).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bull Shark

Yeah but it is a real fps eater in Pcars. I can’t maintain enough FPS when the rain is pouring down and especially at nighttime on my triple setup.

8. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, you need to put most settings to low, to get good fps with rain and night in triples, but even in low settings, it still looks gorgeous! Actually this is the reason I plan to buy a new faster PC this month, to enjoy the sim at its full! But that's for us minority using triples, in single screen you get very good performance from a normal PC.

9. Bull Shark

Yeah I can switch back to the 1080p triple. That will give me plenty headroom for rain and night driving. In 1440p triple it is just a bit to much.
    My system is not the fastest anymore but still a beast of course. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bull Shark

Just played in rain with 15 times the speed of time. So from late noon till midnight. Bloody awesome to see the sun going down and slowly starts raining and getting darker. Same settings as my 1440p only now in 1080p.
    On 1440p I get 40/60 fps on 1080p I get 80/100 fps.
    Nice...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Dynamic weather can really spice up the racing. But you really need a reasonable weather forecast before the race. It doesn't need to be 100% correct, but should give you as a driver/team some decent hints to choose a suitable race strategy.
    Without a weather forecast it all just depends just on luck, which could become really annoying.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i want tornado
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
  13. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

That white car...next time will let pass...

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. swigaffu

swigaffu Member AMS2 Club Member

what do you want? RAIN AND NIGHT!! RAIN AND NIGHT!!
    How do you race? dry during the day ......;)o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Peter Boese

Peter Boese New Member AMS2 Club Member

I just watch the video of the comparison AMS vs AMS2. One thing i noticed is, both looks a bit off in terms of sky hue. I rembered me playing AMS and it was always to blue/cyan, which is sad, because its one thing you can trick the brain to be real, if sky would have a realistic color. I was working on such problem in the last weeks and it depends alot on achieving a high level of immersion.

16. Marc Collins

AMS has many SweetFX profiles that change the tones and "look and feel" of things like the skies. You should try these (get it off the not-very-realistic default setting) before being so concerned.

Will AMS 2 similarly have a range of adjustments?

17. Peter Boese

Peter Boese New Member AMS2 Club Member

I don`t think they will use sweetFX with AMS2, with all the PP in the new engine. And yes i tried them. But its the base what i mean. Its sensless to correct just 1 part with a picture wide editing like Reshade or sweetFX. There are several sims like rf2 and AMS which have a little offset in their sky colors. You can clearly identify pictures of them. Otherwise other sims have a well setted sky color. Just a thought.

18. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Member

PC2 weather system is a kind of joke. Nowadays is easy to download the real weather for any location in world (even the cheapest and old flight simulator is capable to do that) and in PC2 you click on dice and have bizarre weather variations as snow or storm in the middle of a dry desert. This really needs improvement if AMS2 intend to implement this feature. GTR2 could perform a better job at weather 15 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think we should go back to the basic weather of the likes of gtr2 and race 07. Changeable weather that works but doesn't end up like a snow blizzard. I don't care for extreme weather I just want a realistic rain that races still get run in and not red flagged. I doubt reiza will omit these weather vo

Remember pc2 ai basically could drive thru puddles unscathed I really hope ams doesn't inherit the same bad trait

• Like Like x 1
  20. Marc Collins

I am pretty sure Reiza, who are interested in simulation, know the difference between random weather and plausibly variable weather. Racing also has a narrower range of usable weather than flying a plane or other activities.

I do agree 200% with your comment about the desert. I would hope that the range of variable weather available at a track is aligned with typical weather at the real-life facility (or location if it is a fantasy track). For example, highly unlikely that it will rain in the desert, but if it does, have it more likely to rain as it does in the desert, which isn't the same as in sub-tropical or tropical areas.

And of course, there should be an override so you can set the weather to whatever pleases you, but some "plausible realism" option is what I always wish for (and that also applies to every single other aspect of the sim).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1