1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seasons, weatherss and snow ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Kolysion, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Kolysion

Kolysion Member

Project cars 2 have all the seasons, all the weathers and a winter track version in many tracks.
    Will AMS be the same or will it have only 1 season + only rain ?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

I hope they have winter for the ice track!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Supa

Supa Member

Rain and weather doesn't interest me and if it rains during an online race i usually just leave. Hate it. I mean why would you bother...... seems a bit like 3D Tvs. Nice idea but noone uses it! Put it in the same basket as the 3D grass advocates.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo League Organizer: onlinesimracing.net Reiza Backer

I gotta respectfully disagree with you @Supa as I have been running in league races since before online racing was a thing. Changing weather that no one can predict adds such a unknown element to the races. No one knows when it will start or when it will end. When to pit or when to stay out. Adding that layer makes the races all the more interesting and I look forward to it in AMS2. :)

:hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Olijke Poffer Reiza Backer

I don’t care driving in rain,snow. I don’t like it. Nevertheless I hope for those who like it, it will be build in AMS2 but that is not a problem I guess as Pcars has it.

6. cpcdem

cpcdem New Member Reiza Backer

Normally I do not like it either, I prefer racing in the dry. But on the other hand, rain is so amazingly awesome visually, especially with thunderstorms and in the night... I usually only race online, but from time to time I do get to do some offline wet races in PCARS2, mainly for the visual experience (which is not to be underestimated, it help a lot with the immersion).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bull Shark

Yeah but it is a real fps eater in Pcars. I can’t maintain enough FPS when the rain is pouring down and especially at nighttime on my triple setup.

8. cpcdem

cpcdem New Member Reiza Backer

Agreed, you need to put most settings to low, to get good fps with rain and night in triples, but even in low settings, it still looks gorgeous! Actually this is the reason I plan to buy a new faster PC this month, to enjoy the sim at its full! But that's for us minority using triples, in single screen you get very good performance from a normal PC.

9. Bull Shark

Yeah I can switch back to the 1080p triple. That will give me plenty headroom for rain and night driving. In 1440p triple it is just a bit to much.
    My system is not the fastest anymore but still a beast of course. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bull Shark

Just played in rain with 15 times the speed of time. So from late noon till midnight. Bloody awesome to see the sun going down and slowly starts raining and getting darker. Same settings as my 1440p only now in 1080p.
    On 1440p I get 40/60 fps on 1080p I get 80/100 fps.
    Nice...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ernie

Ernie Active Member Reiza Backer

Dynamic weather can really spice up the racing. But you really need a reasonable weather forecast before the race. It doesn't need to be 100% correct, but should give you as a driver/team some decent hints to choose a suitable race strategy.
    Without a weather forecast it all just depends just on luck, which could become really annoying.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member Reiza Backer

i want tornado
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. DaVeX

DaVeX Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

That white car...next time will let pass...

• Funny Funny x 3