Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Still having this issue. Will it be addressed in the upcoming patch?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Maxellero

Maxellero Member

Track & Layout Used: Virginia, any layout except Patriot
    Car Used: Boxer Cup
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: AI cars bounce a lot when driving over green and yellow curbs, sometimes even roll over
    Steps to reproduce: Do a race against AI on Virginia with Boxer Cup cars

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Racing Heart

Racing Heart New Member

Track & Layout Used: Hockenheim 1988 (but affects all tracks)
    Car Used: F-Classic (but affects ALL cars using turbo physics!)
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: AI cars using turbo physics are much slower than players
    Steps to reproduce: Easiest method below
    In Test Day, run AI autopilot. On its timed lap, it should be hitting ~304 km/h as it passes the Fuzzy '88 sign to the left.
    Now, run another lap, but this time deactivate the AI autopilot as it exits the first corner. You should be able to hit 310 km/h.
    This doesn't sound like much on paper, but it means that AI cars using turbo engines are unfairly handicapped in the following cases:
    - When driving the Honda-powered Metalmoro AJRs vs AJRs with other non-turbo engines (worst case scenario)
    - When racing against players using turbo cars in spec series where all cars are turbo (ie. modern Puma, F-Classic, Lancers, etc)

This sounds like a fairly serious issue and I'm really sorry for reporting this so late, but would one of the physics developers be able to look into a potential fix for this?

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This is not a global issue. Each car has to be individually adjusted so the AI resemble/replicate the real driver speed and cornering capabilities. The AI use a simplified version of the physics, so will never be identical to the player car. "Close enough" to be fun and occasionally fool us into thinking they are real is as good as it will ever get.

The various AJRs have completely different engine configurations, so will be different by design. If there is a specific car, like the F-Classic that cannot achieve the same top speed, report that (as you did above), but as we know from real F1, not all cars reach the same top speed. The slowest cars in lap time are often the fastest in top speed achieved, due to aerodynamic design and set-up differences.

What lap times do the F-Classics achieve compared to the player? How do they behave when you set the AI Strength % so their lap times match yours? It may be annoying if the player can always pass the AI on a long straight, but then the AI can out-turn them in the twisty sections, but unless it is a quite noticeable mismatch, there will not be an easy fix or time to fix the myriad examples of where the AI are not mirroring the player as well as we would like. Pick literally any track and car combination and you will find a spot where the AI are too good or too slow compared to the player (in every sim on the market). It's just a matter of degree and AMS generally has fewer glaring issues than other titles.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  5. LeD00m

LeD00m New Member

Car Used: Marcas
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer listening server
    Report: HDV mismatch for client everytime joining server. A friend of mine and I have uninstalled, deleted both steam game and my documents automobilista folder and done fresh install, same problem. We both only use the exact same car .dds and .veh mod, no other custom files.

Steps to reproduce: start game, host a multiplayer server with Marcas, ask a friend to join, when he enters the game he get kicked for HDV mismatch

6. PAL

PAL New Member

Screenfreeze on garage screen when both new tracks on AMS Beta are loaded. Had to kill AMS via Taskmanager. Older tracks work just fine.
    Win10, no wheel connected.

problem still exists after 2. update

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  7. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

@PAL, Beta feedbacks should go on Reiza51 forum. You can post it here.

But I would suggest you to verify files integrity, as other players are driving on those tracks with no problems. Also, if you Alt+Tab after the freezing, can't you see any message box? Those can help pinpoint the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PAL

PAL New Member

@Heitor Facuri Cicoti
    Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I bought AMS with all DLCs over Steam so I have no access to the beta forum.

EDIT: SOLVED! Thank you
    There is no message in the background. Normally the arrow on the very low bottom right is going red when you are able to join the track. on my pc with the 2 new tracks the arrow stays grey but I can still move the cursor arround but cannot click on anything. The prozess stays at 15% cpu usage, but ram usage stays at 1.881MB. I waited 5 minutes but nothing happened.

I will report after integrety check.

UPDATE:
    I let steam check the files and it found one file and downloaded around 65 kb.
    now the tracks work!! thank you @Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. PAL

PAL New Member

The download was exactly 63,8 kb just for your information.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Brett Nagle

So I own the season pass but in the AMS beta it is telling me I need to buy the DLC for donington and Snetterton now. This wasn't the case before the latest update

11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Known issue, working on a fix ;)

12. Brett Nagle

Saw that. Looks like the latest update broke it even more lol

13. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The content has now been assigned to it's appropriate sale packages on the game side. As noted in the dev update by Renato, Steam did not get the packages greenlit and made live before close of play on Friday. Once the packages are greenlit on steam (all being well today) the content should unlock.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Donington
    Car Used: Formula Truck
    Report:
    The roof of the Truck crash with the top of the exit of the garage
    Steps to reproduce:
    Select a Formula Truck on Donington and try to get out of the garage

15. Spin

Spin Active Member

Track & Layout Used: All tracks & layouts (from what I've tried)
    Car Used: All cars (from what I've tried)
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: When loading a replay to watch, the steering lock will revert to whatever the last steering lock was when you played. Eg. If I played with trucks at 900 degrees and then watch a replay of an F3 car where I drove with 360 degrees, the F3 car in the replay will show 900 degrees. It can work the opposite way too (last drove an F3 car with 360 degrees, load Porsche replay that's supposed to show 720 degrees I used when driving it but replay wheel now based on 360 degrees).
    Steps to Reproduce: Drive a vehicle while taking note of the steering lock. Then load a replay of a vehicle that u used a much different steering lock when you drove it. You'll see the steering lock of the replay vehicle is very wrong and goes by the last car you drove (or the last steering lock adjustment you made in the options).

16. Alex Couri

Alex Couri Member AMS2 Club Member

Urgent!!
    Track & Layout Used:
    All
    Car Used: All
    Report:
    G27 leds do not work after last update! Please correct this as soon as possible!
    Steps to reproduce:
    Only use g27 on AMS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

V 1.5.24r
    Also include that "Auto Steering Rotation"doesn't work on G27.

18. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

V 1.5.24r (07/09/19)
    1 - G27 Lights do not work.
    2 - G27 Auto Steering Rotation Does Not Work
    3 - Formula Classic - Wrong sounds.
    Win7 Ultimate - Logitech Profiler v 5.10.127
    Trace file attached.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Also the G27 "Auto-Steering-Rotation feature not working properly"-issue here.^^
    Win 10, LGS 5.10.127, Automobilista 1.5.24r

Already posted it in the update thread, but it fits better here, of course.

Btw. found this in the Trace-File:

22:56:43: PluginManage 264: Loading plugins in LogitechSteeringWheel.dll
    22:56:43: PluginManage 269: Unable to load plugins in LogitechSteeringWheel.dll
    22:56:43: PluginManage 264: Loading plugins in LogitechSteeringWheelEnginesWrapper.dll
    22:56:43: PluginManage 269: Unable to load plugins in LogitechSteeringWheelEnginesWrapper.dll

Attached Files:

20. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Donington GP
    Car Used: Formula Truck
    Applicable Settings: 10pm onwards
    Report: Only the first two trucks on the grid have their headlights on. The other trucks race in darkness. My truck's headlights will not come on, although I have assigned the H key to them.
    Steps to reproduce: 30min race, max graphics, normal time progression, 10pm or later, 10 trucks.

Other than that, the FTrucks are great fun at Donington in the day-time!