Logitech Steering wheel rotation broken in latest version (G25/G27)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by XTRMNTR2K, Sep 11, 2019.

1. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

With the release of the final track DLCs I figured I'd give Snetterton and Donington a try.

Unfortunately it seems that the latest patch broke something with regards to Logitech steering wheel support. I am using a G25 and have never had issues with AMS before, but in the latest version the steering wheel rotation range always resets to an effective 180 degrees. My Logitech profiler settings are still set up as before (900 degrees but allow changes made by the game) but even setting a persistent profile couldn't fix the issue. As soon as AMS is the active window in the foreground, the wheel limits (or even snaps back) to within 180 degrees of rotational movement.

Judging from the Steam forums the same seems to be the case for the G27.

Any ideas what's up with this or how to fix it? I usually only have the chance for a bit of simracing every few months or so, and not being able to get this to work when I want to give it a try is hugely frustrating.

2. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

@XTRMNTR2K This latest update is bugging some Logitech users like me. I think you can report this in the bug section and attach a log file (trace).
    No official comment, but I hope Reiza is looking into this issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They are looking into it and there is discussion and progress on the beta forum. Apparently there should be a new beta soon. There is a workaround for the wheel rotation but the FFB is still all wrong, so this need a proper fix in the executable.

4. sebacabezon18

sebacabezon18 Member

Reiza Please Fix this problem soon. :(:(:(

5. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

6. sebacabezon18

sebacabezon18 Member

I dont think work for me. My wheel is Driving force Pro version before Driving Force GT.

7. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Update coming with a fix.

8. sebacabezon18

sebacabezon18 Member

I have the update 1.5.24 intalled..and think is the problem what afect almost all el racers with Logitech Wheels.

9. XTRMNTR2K

10. XTRMNTR2K

So, with the latest patch released that had a fix for this issue mentioned in its patch notes I decided to give it another try.

Unfortunately the issue still persists. When Auto Steering Rotation is enabled, my G25 is still being limited to 180 degrees of movement within the game.

So far the only way I've found to get my wheel to work at all was setting steering rotation to manual, i.e. 450 or 900 degrees, and then match this in the Logitech profiler while also unchecking the option to "allow the game to change wheel settings".

I sincerely hope there will be another fix for this soon, because this is a considerable step back from being able to use auto rotation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

upload_2019-9-20_16-24-9.png

Do you have "Allow game to adjust settings enabled"?
    Edit. It would be best to post trace file.

12. XTRMNTR2K

Yes, like I said. I only had to disable it because AMS would always lock my maximum rotation to 180 degrees, despite what the game said (neither automatic steering rotation nor a manual in-game setting works, it'll always stay at 180 degrees).

Where do I find that?

13. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Oh sorry thought i replied here..

Check below how to trace it:
    Automobilista v1.5.24 out now - Hotfixed to v1.5.26

14. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the same, unchecked the "Allow game to adjust settings" and AMS then properly read the 360 degrees I set in Logitech game controllers setup.

• Like Like x 1
  15. XTRMNTR2K

That's a great solution if the range is limited to maybe up to ~450 degrees for most cars, but if you want to use up to 900 (or more) there are going to be problems with cars that have very little actual steering wheel rotation, like formula cars, because it gets impossible to compensate with increased steering ratio past a certain point. Just thought I'd clarify why I'm not really satisfied with that solution myself. :)

@Domagoj Lovric Thanks a lot! Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to boot up the game with the wheel connected. It'll probably be a while until I do again, but I will definitely post the trace file then!

16. XTRMNTR2K

@Domagoj Lovric Finally got a chance to give it another try!

Strangely enough, today it worked like it used to. At least that's what it seems like based on my limited testing. If the steering range is set to 360 that is what the wheel will use, if I change it to 450 or 540 it changes just as expected.

Only thing I noticed about the latest versions is that many mods are missing default realfeel FFB at the moment, but as others have pointed out, changing the car setting to anything other than realfeel restores FFB for that particular car.

Since it's working for now I am not going to post the trace file, but I enabled logging so I can easily do so if the issue pops up again.

• Like Like x 2