1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza September 2019 Development Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

please do not forget to provide various motion systems devs with data, so we could use motion rigs as soon as possible.
    Thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Eric Bergeron

Eric Bergeron New Member AMS2 Club Member

600hz sound good ! great update .My only concern is that the FFB will not have a zillion parameters to adjust like PC2 but a plug and play like AMS1.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I especially liked the 3 engine video, modern open-wheel is my favorite class in racing sims.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking at that wet video looks great in theory but in practise please make the ai have the same trouble with puddles. Otherwise this will be another pc2 catastrophe in the wet.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the videos and details. What a great update!

6. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same engine with PCARS2, so it will include the same telemetry data that it provides.

7. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Agreed! That was the single thing that killed PCars 2 for me (despite many things it did well). I still enjoy trying out various car/track combos and just do some practicinc on my own every now and then, but in terms of the integration of rain I still have fond memories of GTR2. If the AI was faster than me in the wet, chances were they were faster than me in dry conditions as well! But it was never "game over, man!" for me just because of a light drizzle. :D

EDIT:
    Almost forgot: It's great to see the addition of the grinding transmission feature. Hopefully it won't prevent me from still using auto-clutch while using left-foot braking and rev-matching during downshifts, as I am physically unable to use heel-toe due to multiple ankle injuries. This was the thing that made me stop playing Assetto Corsa, as I found myself unable to use this technique with transmission damage enabled (though it works in every other sim).

Other than that, this is another great update, and I'm happy to see that the specs of the machine used when capturing the footage aren't too crazy.

P.S.: I am not sure judging from the videos, has the clarity of the image improved? Always loved how the image in AMS looked so crisp and clean, especially compared to the blurry look of PCars2 (at up to 1080p, it's probably better at higher resolution).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  8. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

Raising the ride height made a huge difference with the way the cars handled puddles. I would say it cut out hydroplaning by more than 50%. At least on the cars I drove.

9. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To be fair, it was the sound tick rate that was compromised not the physics. The Madness standard of 600Hz is way ahead of other PC sims such as ACC, iRacing, rF2 and RR.

10. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad to see H-shifter to be fixed and work as it should (that is, like it does in AMS) and not be able to be abused because "reasons" (yep I'm looking at you PC2 and ... rF2).

11. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

I miss the days when this only had one meaning. :(

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. David Wright

As I think we may have discussed previously, this is quite a complex issue. Some puddles you can drive through with no serious effect, some puddles you have to avoid (typically on the inside of corners) and in extreme flooding you can't avoid some puddles and have to try to cope with the aquaplaning. So ideally you want AI that know which puddles they can ignore, which puddles to avoid and to be able to anticipate aquaplaning. Not an easy task. At the moment the AI just lift when they go through a puddle. While people complain the AI do not spin out in puddles, if all the AI spun out on every lap it would be far worse.

For me the main issue is the AI are slower than me (by about 1 second a lap) in the rain on tracks and rain settings where puddles are not a major issue. If Reiza can fine tune this I will be happy. In reality when there is serious track flooding, the races are stopped or cancelled.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. David Wright

Great design choices. Although I rarely use an h-shifter I always felt SMS took the wrong decision to effectively disable the synchronising feature. I am curious to see if flatspotting in the FFB makes a return too. As I use conventional potentiometer pedals, I always felt simracers were far more prone to locking up than real drivers so I personally don't mind if there is no shaking in the FFB, but I'm probably in a minority.

14. Lethal

Lethal New Member

RIP MY PC :/

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Grinding the Tranny

Google it! I dare you :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It won't

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MysticReverie

MysticReverie Member AMS2 Club Member

Hyped about this like everyone else.
    And I love the open way the devs are giving out progress information.
    One hope of mine is that the VR works a bit more economically than in PC2 - from what I hear that game seems to need a lot of horsepower.
    Shouldn't expect too much of Reiza, they are only human.. I think!.. but it would be great if AMS2 did run a bit better than PC2, specially in VR.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 2ndLastJedi

It should be pure sim, no compromise hardcore! If the car doesn't have it you can't use it :cool:

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Explain that to users without clutch pedal.:p

I'm also no fan of auto-clutch using, but if someone has hardware limitations, but still want to enjoy sim racing on a budget, they should be able to use it.

Yeah, i know, i must be fun at parties... :D:D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

Thrustmaster sell some pretty cheap pedals with clutch! I'd say to those people to buy some of them or save for the CSL Elite with load cell and clutch.
    I know no developer would go full hardcore sim but it's still a dream of mine. I've had to go through all mappable options to make sure all those steer assists /brake assist/clutch assist etc. are empty because there has been so many times I've been driving not knowing what was wrong with the car only to find that I had bumped steering assist or some crap without knowing. Super annoying.