"I can´t run Automobilista" - Official troubleshooting topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 9, 2016.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Glad to hear it worked!
    I suggest you to remove the d3d9.dll and mods (if any) and run an integrity check through Steam...

2. VicPL

VicPL New Member

Hi! I haven't seen my particular problem mentioned here so I thought I'd give it a go.

I have been running some 305km AI races in order to verify performance changes made through upgrades.ini. I fast-forward through the event, start the race, DNF my car and FF it the rest of the way. Everything runs smoothly until the very end, after the race is over. When the AI cars get to the pits, the game freezes for about 2 seconds and then CTDs with no error message. The trigger apparently, is the first AI car parking in the pits. I tried it with short races and the crash did not happen then, which leads me to believe maybe it is memory related.

The log.log shows:
    redirecting CreateDevice
    redirecting device->Reset
    redirecting device->Reset
    redirecting device->Reset​

I tried checking file integrity, removing all mods and a fresh install.

Thanks in advance!

3. Paulo

Paulo New Member

Olá,

Recentemente formatei meu computador, que até então rodava o win 8.1 e agora coloquei o 10. Baixei o AMS certinho, e consegui joga-lo duas vezes, porém na terceira vez que fui entrar ele abre a tela de configuração (que aparece quando você instala pela primeira vez) e não entra no jogo, ele fica abrindo essa tela repetidas vezes mas não entra no jogo. Alguém sabe o que pode ser? Já mandei verificar integridade dos arquivos pela STEAM e tudo mais, mas não funcionou.

Se alguém puder dar uma ajuda, eu agradeço.

Obrigado

4. chronchrome

chronchrome New Member

I'm having the exact same issue as @VicPL . log.log shows the same message. Any suggestion as to what is going wrong?

5. chronchrome

chronchrome New Member

The trace file also shows the error:
    tire_manager 1163: Tire brand doesn't have compound index -1

6. fisicoF1

fisicoF1 New Member

So ever since I'm back on my main PC I cannot run AMS anymore at all. In fact, I can select a track and load it up, but ever since I'm on the timing screen I get a CTD. Tried re-installing the game already, different track-vehicle combinations and deleted my profile, always with the same result. Didn't happen back with v1.5.01
    Trace attached, I hope someone can help...

Attached Files:

7. sebacabezon18

sebacabezon18 Member

have problems with my Logitech DFP no power of FFB with the other updates i restart the game 2 times and fixed but now is imposible play this... too low the FFB .

Attached Files:

8. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

@sebacabezon18 TBH i am not sure what to suggest. LOG shows flawless communication with logitech driver. Well we can try one thing; are you able to edit controller.ini file?

You will find it inside (copy paste this in windows explorer)

%userprofile%\documents\Automobilista\USERDATA\Cabezaspeed\

Then you should see file:

Controller.ini

Open it in notepad; look for this lines:

Code:
    Logitech range set method AUTO:="1" 
    Logitech range set method:="2"

Change it so it reads like this:
    Code:
    Logitech range set method AUTO:="0" 
    Logitech range set method:="3"

This is basically reverting to old method of dealing with logitech wheels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. sebacabezon18

sebacabezon18 Member

Yesss work perfect now!!!!!!!!!. Tanks a lot you save My whell.

10. fisicoF1

fisicoF1 New Member

No one? =/

11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've read this whole thread, tried nearly everything written here (running as Admin, setting audio post to low, etc), but so far no luck.

In my case, the game seems to be CTDing only when I race Formula Ultimate. I've been playing F3 normally (at least so far).

My config is as follows:
    1. renamed d3d9.dll, d3d9_2.dll, d3d9.fx
    2. disabled SweetFX
    3. set Audio Output to system default
    4. computer specs: i7 8700, 16 GB ram, GTX 1650 4 GB
    Reading the log file, it seems like the game CTDed when the DynMan class called the Post() function. Obviously I don't know the code, nor know what that function does.

There are these two lines in the log:
    22:25:55: hwinput.cpp 11309: Can't fetch any properties by LogiID for this Logi controller
    22:25:55: hwinput.cpp 11317: Can't fetch any properties by deviceIndex for this Logi controller

Is it point some issue with my G29 wheel? It is worth noting that I've tried to play without the wheel plugged in and the game still CTD.

Edit: AMS has, by far, the very best driving feel of all games I've ever played! I really hope FFB will be just as great as this in AMS2. Please make it happen, Reiza!

Attached Files:

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Same here .

13. muzarati

muzarati Member

All of a sudden today none of the AI cars will come out during a test day? They all just stay in the garage, have done a integrity check but made no difference, all cars, all tracks...WTF?

14. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In my experience, AI has never left the pits during test day. I thought that was the intended behaviour.

In fact, now that you mention it, in test day I believe the boxes are all closed, except your own, but I'm not sure.

15. muzarati

muzarati Member

That is the case only if you have private testing selected, with private testing off all AI are available during a test day. They are still there but they don't start up and move out of the garage anymore...they did the last time I used it?

16. Turco

Turco Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm having a weird problem with AMS.

Every time I load the track and cars to get into the driving, I get a CTD.
    but, and here's where things get weird, ONLY WHEN MY WHEEL IS TURNED ON.

If I enter the sim, load the track and car of my choice, but with the STEERING WHEEL TURNED OFF, the sim loads just fine. But of course I can't play because even after I turned on the wheel, the sim won't recognize it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. heideracer

heideracer New Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here, happened after win 10 update yesterday. Wheel is Fanatec podium DD1. I tried all suggestions in the Official troubleshooting topic without success until now. I will try logging next. It was flawless before since I got the game when it came out. podium wheel worked lovely since late june purchase. Will try again tomorrow.

18. heideracer

I tried to go back to last win 10 version, which destroyed the the OS completely:mad:. After reinstallation of windows, fanatec driver 346, steam and automobilista, the game crashed to desktop as before.
    :mad::mad::mad:

19. heideracer

Going back to ver. 1.5.25 "solved" the issue. so it seems there is something in the latest version that is the source of the ctd, maybe in the added fanatec "support"

20. Chicken Out

Chicken Out New Member

Trace file as descibed in
    Crash to Desktop when loading into circuit post.

Attached Files: