1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza October 2019 Development Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Nice update.. looking forward to the release . :D

2. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks fabulous guys! :)
    Would be nice to see an AI only race with F1s or something quick at a circuit like Interlagos to see them overtaking, slipstreaming, (blocking?) etc.
    Keep up the great work! :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Finnro

Finnro New Member AMS2 Club Member

Great news, but i don't understand why you not released an beta earlier to have the chance to test the Sim with many different systems, wheels and so on. One month before the release sounds very short to fix any errors.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness Active Member AMS2 Club Member

YES YES YES OMG... a BZ SuperV8....:hurrayreiza: just need a Brumby to go with it. :)

5. RAVEracer

RAVEracer New Member

Yes! The news I have been hanging out for - 'SuperV8' is hanging around :hurrayreiza:

6. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Please don’t leave those undersized brake disks on the SuperV8. :confused::(

7. Moucham

Moucham New Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the video with Caterham ! :hurrayreiza:

8. jomardi

jomardi New Member AMS2 Club Member

Good luck, and my few wishes;
    1) Please, make car cockpit realistic graphics, as you can.
    2) Keep amazing FFB, or make more better (if possible) :}
    3) Release true dashboard, pCARS engine already is implemented ))
    100) AMS already has very cool things, just keep it )) AMS2 should be Realism + nice Physics & Graphics.

9. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Can confirm, this feature has made it to AMS2 ;)

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It was the same for AMS 1. The game itself is not ready several months before the release... It was already very playable right from the beginning of the beta, Reiza could focus on polish and fixes for the last month. That was very efficient. Putting it out too early would certainly be even more time consuming and maybe delay even more the release!

I was expecting a delay, but not that large; however, the videos and content shown here makes the wait really worth it! I like that the overall atmosphere seems pretty close to AMS 1, with a bit of eye candy but not too much (just surprised to see a lens flare in vr view in the Ortona video :rolleyes:). I'm really looking forward the Endurance Brasil series! With hopefully a nicely working driver swap at one point so we can really make endurance races...

Keep it up, very nice work so far! Preparing this roadmap was probably a big job in itself! :)

11. Marisa

Marisa Member AMS2 Club Member

Some questions, hope this is the right place:
    1. Will there be working soft lock in AMS2? At least on my t300 there was no soft lock in PC1&2.
    2. Someone already mentioned self view in rear view mirrors. It was a nice feature in AMS1. But it would be even better to have proper 3D mirrors that not only reflect your own car and driver but react to your heads movement, like in AC with shaders patch installed. I know this kinda worked in PC but it didn't take into account if it's an actual mirror or a 2D display that shows what the rear mounted camera saw, pretty weird having these displays react to your head movement.
    3. As someone who enjoys driving sequential cars with a proper sequential shifter I would really appreciate it if the game would automatically select the appropriate shifter for the car used. In PC i always had to manually assign my sequential shifter or flappy paddles depending on the car used, was annoying.
    4. Shifter sounds. This doesn't seem to be a problem for most others but the shifter sounds being synced to the delayed shift animation in game and not to your input was always a bit jarring to me. It might make sense when viewing gameplay on youtube but when you drive yourself it's weird that the shift sound plays when the 3D driver model makes the shift and not me. RF2 and iRacing don't have shift animations which has the side effect that the shift sounds are played when the player makes the shift, which is nice. (maybe make it optional via ini file?)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh snap, by march i hoped to already jump in super trucks :eek:

13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos New Member

All looking good already, anyway something got me a bit disappointed...

I have some experience in karts and in the video the kart looks like it has a ton of grip in the wet with... slicks! That is not realistic at all, if you have ever experienced driving a kart in the rain with slicks you'll know that is a VERY HARD experience as you have very close to ZERO grip, kart slides all over the way. Hoping for AMS2 to be as realistic as possible, we need THE SIMULATOR!

Keep up the good work ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MysticReverie

MysticReverie Member AMS2 Club Member

Ton of grip? It was sliding around all over the place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos New Member

Not as much as in a real kart experience with slicks, believe me ;)

Please understand that i am not criticizing, i'm trying to give feedback from my own experience in a constructive manner, like i said all i've seen looks on the good path for a beta state...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Happy mostly with progression etc. Only thing worries me is that the handling grip and the like looks aot like pc2 more than ams1. Obviously this is what I can see and without trying a fairly mute point. But from the visuals .It looks like pc physics.
    That Caterham looks to easy to save unlike ams.

It's like it's lost it's rawness or brutality

But hey I'm sure it's good and I can't wait to try it.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Apolo27

Apolo27 New Member AMS2 Club Member

18. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

Does this mean I have till March to decide if participate or not in the funding campaign to get AMS 2 with DLCs for 90€?

19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Basically this. Beta generally means the game is feature-ready for release with few to no glaring showstoppers. Putting an advanced Alpha out there to a bigger pool of users who are just looking to have some early fun and not necessarily in it to go through the pains of pre-release testing would require us to the dedicate time and attention to steer them through the issues while trying to communicate what is and isnt ready, time and attention that would be better spent just getting the game ready.

The one month beta testing period was always the plan, we just shifted that release window a few months into 2020. The game engine is tried and tested on the market, the changes we are making to it won´t largely affect that so one intense month of focused bug fixing and ironing out hopefully minor issues should be enough :)

• Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 3
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Turning the wheel off solved this for me in all sims that have that delay .

• Funny Funny x 1