1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza October 2019 Development Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 1, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I was thinking the same thing ! Far to much grip .

2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I wouldnt describe the Superlight as raw and brutal even in AMS1, it´s one of the most docile cars as it should be :) You may be confusing it with the 620R which is a different animal.

Another factor is that Ibarra is over 2000m above sea level so the lower air pressure means the engine is losing a good 20% performance vs the always-at-sealevel air pressure in AMS1. That will make it a bit tamer.

Lastly the tyres are more informative and progressive than they were in AMS1, specially when breaking traction. That´s not a bug but a feature :) With that said there are circuntances in which it is more challenging than AMS1 model (ifast corners for ex require a lot more care).

I guess I need to do a video driving like a maniac with an overpowered car next so people get to see losing control is still always possible :p

While that´s very possibly the case, keep in mind the track is only damp on the racing line for a few corners on lap 2. The couple of times it ventures offline into the damp trying to pass another kart it drifts wide.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One thing I think this is mainly from pc2. But that tyre squeel!

In this video u barely hear it apart from the few times he loses the car or he's really sliding..

In the ams2 vid its at every turn of the wheel. This really bugs me in sims.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

So this is a thing now with AMS2? Holy sh** that's awesome!
    Does it also affect downforce then with cars like the AJR?
    Yeah, we should get another car demonstration for...research purposes :D

The tyre squeal is for driving feedback in ISIlike sims, like forever, as far as i know...

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Renato Simioni

Tyre sounds are generated per tyre now rather than a function of overall grip. We are still fine tuning that both on code and sample side, but ultimately it has its own volume slider so youll be able to tune that and other specific effects to whatever you prefer.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 4
  7. Javi288

Javi288 Member AMS2 Club Member

There is no news about the AMS1 / rF2 bundle updates in this October development update.

Is there still an update of both AMS1 or rF2 DLC?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry for being away for so long. Had a Simracing brake. Back since a few months. I think AMS gonna be the new gamechanger in simracing world.

Gonna back the game when I got the moneyz!

9. Renato Simioni

We just release AMS1 v1.5.3 last week. rF2 updated packages have been submitted to S397 this week, shouldn´t be long until they deploy it now.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Renato Simioni

Yes, both engine and aero are affected by atmospheric pressure and resulting air density. This was touched on the July Dev Update.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, i didn't noticed that! :D
    Thanks for the info!

12. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Indeed, to me, in VR, is very awkward when the footwork and arms (during gear changes) do not sync with your real movements. I hope there is an option to disable it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To be honest I was expecting something like one month delay, not three. But, like others said, it is less bad to have a delay than to publish a not polished game. A big studio did it few months ago and, in my opinion, the result was very, very bad to the game.

Anyway, once the news of the delay was very harsh to my hype, I realized I really need to jump into a new VR sim this last months of this year. Steam have a good deal for Rf2 with 60% off and I think I will go aboard it so, take your time Reiza, I will have tyres to burn this months.

We are looking forward for good times with AMS2, for some long and good years. A good release is indispensable to put this game in the place Reiza deserves.

Wish you good lucky, and now I can give a rest to my keyboard F5. Cheers.

:hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

As mentioned above, the somewhat exaggerated tire sounds are a feature in a sim, not a mistake. But in addition to volume control, a slider to control the realism level would be very helpful, since those who want the pure experience still need to hear the sounds that should be there at the proper volume level, not just the same "exaggerated" sounds masked.

Personally, I like the enhanced/AMS default levels, but I can see how some would want something less and closer to realistic and others may want even more aural feedback. A slider with "Real" at one end and "Enhanced" at the other would allow everyone to choose. Please have a default, too :)

Similarly, there should be an option for sounds that replicate what one would hear when wearing a helmet (the "Real" version) and our normal sounds that are much more informative, especially if not using headphones.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

I must comment on this one, as i have added some of our bits to shifting sound code.
    When you shift gear, there is short time period when physics reports car being in neutral (expected, as it's not instantly in next gear), then next step it drops into gear. We have modified audio code to play gearshift sound exactly at point when physics reports we are actually in gear.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks renato as always putting up with me

17. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe you could make a video of the Camaro at Cascavel?
    I guess those two might already be ported to AMS 2? And you would not be showing too much new content, being a heavy car, it would show the car balance and tyre grip / traction loss in a very clear way.
    That would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Let’s hope you’re right. Payed a lot of money for this game. :D
    Bummer to hear there is a delay on release but as you mentioned, RDR2 is downing atm and on the 5th we go on an adventure. Back to the old days, yhiehaaaaa you old cowboy..

• Like Like x 1
  19. week

week New Member

I'm a bit disapointed about the release date, bacause i'm really looking forward to put my hands on it. But as others have said before, i'd preffer a polished release than an earlier bugged one. You guys are able to make the deffinitive sim for many years, I really believe in you! Keep working on it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Member AMS2 Club Member

I´m also very hopeful, SMS engine didn´t seem bad, for what Reiza is reporting fixing on the engine i´m getting a lot more confidence they can deliver the next best sim.
    I already have AC, AMS 1, tried iRacing for a while and having been playing RRRE for a while now, And all I want is AMS2 to have RRRE audio/Colision system, AMS1 FFB/Physics and iRacing multiplayer system. Even if track/car chooses remains the same of AMS 1, AMS 2 would be a dream sim.

• Agree Agree x 1