1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza October 2019 Development Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero foxtochop AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni After the delay, what is the time limit to be able to donate to the AMS2 backing campaign? Is it moved to March?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

You got a bargain and you'll be plenty busy with all that rF2 goodness.
    It's a bit of work to get used to but it's fully worth the time. Enjoy and if have any questions I'll try to help if you want.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Kostis Vigos

Kostis Vigos Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Now, if you could release AMS2 on the 24th of March, it would be a perfect birthday present!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Release date delayed to March 2020 is kind of disappointing, but it could be worse, it could had been delayed to April 1st. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I was hoping for 02/02/2020 release date...

• Like Like x 4
  6. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If I saw something close to this on simrace game, I would say that was unreal.... but not anymore.

@Renato Simioni how close can AMS2 livetrack be?
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know the question was aimed at Renato but if you want a bit more background on livetrack 3.0 I recommend this video

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This is the second reference to RDR2 I have seen today--have no idea what the hell that is. Unless it was RBR2, it won't replace or help with lack of AMS 2!! ;)

9. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Think it's red Dead redemption 2

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Indeed. I also play other games than simracing only. (From time to time)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Same, and I think RDR2 will make a nice distraction from only sim racing that's been my staple for like for ever. I own just about every AAA title (and all Sims racers ) but can't get myself away from sim racing to finish any but 2 (Wolfenstein 2 and Metro Exodus) and really hope I can get into RDR2 as a change while waiting for AMS2.

12. Tank621

Tank621 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't mind the delay, I have plenty to keep me busy on the meantime and anyway once we start playing it we'll quickly forget it was delayed

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. 88mphTim

88mphTim New Member AMS2 Club Member

Really interesting to see so much intricacy on climate. Makes me think of NOLA where there's high humidity and the ground is full of water. When it rains there it takes far longer to dry because there's no dry air for the water to disperse into. If AMS2 simulates that, that is pretty awesome.

14. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Sounds very familiar.:eek::D

• Like Like x 1
  15. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The scope of AMS2 is much wider than that of AMS1 though, with a lot more features and it will definitely have a lot more players than AMS1, so there will definitely be a lot more bugs initially as well. I think everybody in the IT business knows that when a developer is saying "one month of bug fixing will be enough", this is wishful thinking, ALL developers are optimistic about this, but in almost never works like that in the end :)

I understand what you say about giving an alpha to a pool of user who want to play the game and not alpha/beta test it, the latest ACC Early Access prove exactly that. But I am sure there are also people who are only interested in helping with testing the game and finding problems and bugs as soon as possible, without worrying about actually enjoying the game right now, there are other finished games that can be used for that. I wish there was some formula to enable such testing sooner than just one month before release.

16. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Random side track on the tire sound convo from earlier in the thread;

I actually found that turning the tire sounds up and training yourself into listening to them when playing sims is invaluable information that is the only way to translate some of that real world 'feel' that you can't get in an office chair. Yeah listening to the tires isn't a real world thing you'd actually do, but the information on what your pretend video game car is doing that the sounds give you is comparable in some weird roundabout way to what your rear end would be telling you in a real world car. It helped me a ton. I have tire sounds at nearly 200% on AMS1. :eek:

Caveat to this being that I'm probably 10 seconds or more slower than any average AMS player and shouldn't be giving advice! Haha. But yeah, it's something worth experimenting with IMO. Just my thoughts on the random subject. Shrug emoji.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice to read and see how Reiza always suprises with speculare tracks. I love espacially the historic tracks because they are much more a challange than the modern with their asphalt run offs.
    Also all the rare known tracks are wonderful. But there is one more which i would like to have with Reiza quality. It is located in Uruguay, Autódromo de Rivera. I know it from copa truck and it looks very interesting.
    Another great track, especially the historic versions, is Estoril in Portugal.
    Maybe these two tracks will come in the future?
    Thank you Reiza for this great simulation and everything good for a challanging, real life realistic AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

:hurrayreiza:

19. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Member AMS2 Club Member

Estoril would be great its a very good track, Bathurst I´d say its a must have and Monaco would be great as well.
    Another Brazilian Track that would be fun its Autódromo Geraldo Backer a short and easy track, good for racing classics with few friends.

20. makan

makan New Member

Maybe you want to watch some GT Sport's Videos :p

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1