1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza March 2020 Development Update - An Update on AMS2 Release

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 23, 2020.

1. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Plus you forget the free AMS1 and all DLC included that we have given away to people who have then gone on to buy AMS2 based on a limited playtime in AMS1, $99 is a good deal, I've spent more than that over time on other sims.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. scotty_r56s

scotty_r56s New Member

Honestly, I’m feeling the same way. @Renato Simioni, I’ve sent you a PM to take you up on your offer.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Joe Leone

Joe Leone Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am actually gonna stay on board with what I paid for. Just a bit bummed that we didn't get it a little cheaper since now they are gonna offer the base game to everyone else cheaper. I would have been more content paying $79 instead of $99. Yeah I got to play it early, but honestly I have only played for 6 hours in the past 3 weeks so I don't see that as much as an advantage due to all the beta changes that have been going on and making it more stable. Plus, I already bought AMS1 and DLC so the $99 didn't benefit me since I already dished out money for AMS1 previously.

This is an expensive sim even at $99 (or $150 at full price with the DLCs) and I am actually preferring AMS1 over it at the moment with the AI and physics. Even though AI is gonna get better, this is the new physics with AMS2 and it is not gonna mimic AMS1. I bought AC, ACC, and PC2 all full packs and all combined cheaper than this game (mind you I have bought AC and PC2 a year ago after they have been out a while). But I just got into sim racing a year ago, so $99 is a pretty steep investment compared to other games.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well I think for me PC2 cost around the same with DLC on release and I've spent more on Raceroom, 99 seems steep and I already had AMS1 so the freebie was of no use to me but as I gave it away it has encouraged the person to buy AMS2 so that's a win-win.

I'd rather pay 99 upfront than 150 over time, just makes more sense and the only reason I did is that based on AMS1 and the support it continued to receive gave me faith in AMS2 and continued support.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

I paid for pCARS2 WMD Gold Member about 130$. And the result was not so good as what i see here. Backed AMS1 also, because i wanted it. And when i heared from the AMS2 - Reiza/SMS deal i immediately backed that last summer.
    So i think beta access was a great deal.
    Its not all for the money. With our beta acces, we supported a small company to get one of the best sims we could get currently and in the next 2 years. If you paid just to get it 1 month earlier and regret it now, i would say you jumped on the wrong train.
    Then you should wait another 2 years to get a 20$ copy at steam sale. But i think you would regret that too :p
    Guys, this whining for your lost money is soooooo lame o_O

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. taylajee

taylajee Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato clearly indicated that joining the BETA program was for those willing to participate in the bug hunting and have a voice on future developments of the game. If anyone participated for the sole purpose getting a discount on an unreleased and unfinished game then that's his own fault honestly. Go back and check the original announcement. The BETA program was initiated due to popular demand from us; Reiza fans.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Well reminded :)

And to be honest Joe, it was priced high precisely to try prevent people who were merely curious from impulse buying it and then regretting it or troubling us for customer support while the game is still in development - that´s not good for them nor for us. Unfortunately that strategy failed miserably :p

Anyway the offer is still up if you chose to take up on it - no hard feelings :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

@Renato Simioni How much will game + season pass be after March 31st during the 40% discount period?

• Like Like x 4
  9. thiagotanabe

thiagotanabe New Member

|Renato, eu não entendi a parte do lançamento dia 31 de março. Vai lançar Beta na Steam e poderemos jogar ou vai apenas ter a compra antecipada?
    Eu acho uma boa ideia lançar o jogo nessas épocas de quarentena, mesmo que seja beta.

"Renato, I didn't understand the part of the launch on March 31st. Are you going to launch Beta on Steam and will we be able to play or will you just have to buy in advance?"

10. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

on 31 march it launches as early access, you gonna have to buy it to play it

11. thiagotanabe

thiagotanabe New Member

TKS!!

12. transfix

transfix Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m sticking with backing Reiza in the Beta. Happy to hear Reiza51 access is coming. Giving feedback and helping the development is what early backing is about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you are looking to get the cheapest deal, please consider supporting a small and committed team of game developers that needs some extra financial resources now. I can't comment on your financial situation and the hours you spend with the game, but I tend think of it this way. Given that I have already spent 50+ hours with a $99 price that's less than $2 of pure racing experience per hour. It's a no brainer, and it will only get cheaper over time. If your financial situation allows it, please support Reiza! (Disclaimer: I'm not in any way associated with Reiza.)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Joe Leone

Joe Leone Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am staying on board but gonna shelf the game until version 1.0. I didn't jump on the ACC bandwagon when it first came out because I heard it was not good. Once patches came out and the game was on sale at 40% off, I bought it and I am glad I did. I have limited time in my day to race so I will play other games for now. Best of luck with continued development and I look forward to playing when the game is polished better and I can enjoy it more. No hard feelings as well. Just realizing now, again due to my time constraints, that beta testing is not for me and I want to fully enjoy the limited time I spend racing.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Sim Racing Life AMS2 Club Member

Take all the time you need, we'll all still be here supporting the team. But most importantly stay safe.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tacco94

Tacco94 New Member

Will it be possible to buy season pass on 31st march?
    In that case it would be Game with 40% discount + 89€ season pass?

17. FeltHat

yup

18. =BLAZE= Milan NL

=BLAZE= Milan NL New Member AMS2 Club Member

just a Quik ask,

can i still buy the beta game? Or not? Sorry, but i can't find the information. :$, i just did make a account on indiegogo.com. Can someone help me?

Kind regards,

Milan.

19. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Is that confirmed anywhere? I've asked a couple of times now with no response. I would simply like to know the price for the full game + season pass during the discount period after 31st March.

You can still buy the BETA + Full release + Season pass here: https://forum.reizastudios.com/ams2-pre-purchase/buy-now
    I know the purchase is heavily lacking in details, but I've read the deal from several forum members now.

20. FeltHat