1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

In order to avoid multiple topics on the same subject, and let you know if your issue has been reported, this will be the official thread for reporting bugs or issues. This will help us give a quicker response to the reports.

Try to follow the example below, so the issue can be reproduced by the reader:

Track & Layout Used: Imola Historic 2001 (seems to happen in any track)
    Car Used: Formula V10
    Applicable Settings: Weather - Storm (other settings seems irrelevant)
    Report: Rain droplets running on the opposite way through the windshield.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the Formula V10 in a Rainy session, and pay attention to the windshield.

For Troubleshooting issues, like difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, go to this thread instead. You can check for solutions there as well.

As a reference in this topic, we'll be rating bug reports as "Agree" for issues we have managed to at least reproduce. If we don't rate your post, it's because we´re still investigating it. This may take time so please allow it for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Please avoid posting new threads for bug reports, it's the easiest way to make sure your report gets lost in the shuffle (if not deleted altogether).

PS: You can also include your hardware (CPU, GPU, OS, Wheel, Pedals, etc) in your signature on the top right corner of the forum:

upload_2020-4-4_18-40-11.png

• Like Like x 5
  2. Nacho

Nacho New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track
    Car Used: V10, V12, F-Classic (Gen 1, 2, & 3), F-Ultimate, F-Reiza, F3 (309 & 301), F-Vintage (Gen 1 & 2), Copa Truck
    Applicable Settings: Sunny & light rain
    Report: Very low volume on the onboard camera (the volume goes up when looking to the left / right)
    Steps to reproduce: Drive any of these cars on the onboard camera and look at both sides, right and left (or behing), and you will notice the lowest volume when looking at front.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  3. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

a lil addition to this, this happens with pretty much every car that has the engine behind the driver

• Like Like x 4
  4. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, @Nacho. Could you please edit you report with one specific car that you know for sure has this issue?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jos Swarthoff

Jos Swarthoff New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: Superkart
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: Superkart spawns and is imediately damaged or brake damaged
    Steps to reproduce: Just spawn the kart on track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MasterLooser

its actually not only the superkart, i had that happen with the shifter kart too, but i cant reproduce it. its like one session it is broken, even respawning will keep the message up (cant tell if its actually damaged since i play with visual only when i make a multiplayer session) but next session its gone, next one it might or might not be broken :/

7. MasterLooser

Track & Layout Used: Kart One
    Car Used: any Kart
    Applicable Settings: Qualifying
    Report: Exiting the pitlane will give you a "unsafe pitexit" everytime even when following the line and going 80kph, noone coming
    Steps to reproduce: take a kart to the kart one track, any layout, and exit the pitlane at normal pace

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. MasterLooser

Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: Cooldown Lap
    Report: When crossing the finish line, the car immediatley stops, ingame steering wheel goes nuts and then u are stuck in place. does not matter if manual cooldown lap is on/off.
    Steps to reproduce: finish any race (not sure if this also happens offline, but for sure does happen online
    see end of this 1:15 timestamp when i cross the line

9. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: N/A
    Applicable Settings: Latest Early Access release version 8.0.1.1120.AVX
    Report: Mapping a button to one already in use brings up a screen with Cancel or OK buttons, but only the OK button works
    Steps to reproduce: Go to Options | Controls | Edit Assignments | Camera and View and select something like Look Left and press the button you had previously assigned to something else, like Look Right, and a warning screen will come up saying it is already assigned and do you want to replace it, press the Cancel button and nothing will happen. Pressing OK remaps it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MasterLooser

Car Used: any
    Report: since last update the default camera is always on the front bumper on the floor
    Steps to reproduce: start a session, wait till you are loaded in, get in ur car, u are now in some weird camera thats all the way at the front and buttom of ur car, also happens once the race starts, always sets view to that one, even if u had a normal one in quali

11. Nacho

Nacho New Member

Done!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Matthew Roberts

Matthew Roberts New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Pas Classic B
    Applicable Settings: N.a.
    Report: Have noticed that the Pas Classic B steering pulls to the right a bit even if no hands are on the wheel - constantly having to steer a little to the left to go straight. This happens on any track and not with any other car that I have found so far.
    Steps to Reproduce: N.a.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Matthew Roberts

Matthew Roberts New Member

Car Used: Any Formula Truck
    Applicable Settings: N.a.
    Report: In VR, whilst driving the trucks, the driver body/arms etc are invisible. They suddenly pop in if I look down at my lap and then pop out again if I look forward.
    Steps to Reproduce: N.a.

14. Viking_Magnus

Viking_Magnus Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Likely any (but this photo was from Campo Grande)
    Car Used: ARC Camaro
    Report: Driver feet stick through the car (a.k.a Flintstones mode :) )
    Steps to reproduce: Medium car detail setting, and this photo was while viewing a replay of an AI race

bug1.png

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Kansai GP but there are others, if not all.
    Car Used: Prototypes tested so far.
    Applicable Settings: Rolling Start with Formation Lap
    Report: When a race starts using the above settings the user's car begins with the engine switched off, afterwhich a penalty is incurred due to falling too far behind the car in front and not being able to catch up.
    Steps to Reproduce: N/A

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Car Used: Formula Vee (either type)
    Report: AI front wheels are "vibrating". It looks like they are turning left and right at a high rate, they almost blur.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive FVee, pay attention to the front wheels of the nearest AI

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. MisterAkuma

MisterAkuma New Member

Track & Layout Used: n/a
    Car Used: n/a
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report: In the multiplayer server browser, many servers show up as if the session was in practice or in qualifying, but when you try to join, it says they are racing and you cannot join. I tried refreshing the server list but the info keeps showing another state and not racing.
    Steps to reproduce: Try to enter a race that´s in practice or qualifying

• Like Like x 1
  18. steve montuno

steve montuno Member

This happened to me tonight too,,,to solve it i just assigned the car view to a button on my wheel,,and then after i changed it to cockpit in game that became the default view again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg Historic
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: Cannot leave pit lane without incurring a warning
    Steps to reproduce: It doesn't seem to matter where you exit the pit lane, dotted lines or solid, you always get the warning "Warning for unsafe crossing of pit exit lines"

• Like Like x 1
  20. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob Member

Not necessarily a bug, but I hope the AA gets sorted. I run everything maxed, MSAA high.
    I, along with others, have used post AA. But it is a system crippler.
    If I run everything maxed with 22 AI and MSAA on high, its butter. Post AA, chop fest.

I dont want to start digging into the Nvidia control panel (another possible rabbit hole), I hope it can be fixed later in-game.

Its these bad jaggies x2 everywhere that aliasing is happening. Because the compression actually made it look a little smoother:D. In car etc, its great, its outside.
    1070ftw-

• Agree Agree x 4