1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AUTOMOBILISTA 2 Released in Early Access! Now updated to v0.8.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jose Paulo Miranda

Jose Paulo Miranda New Member

Hi everyone, Hi Renato! Awsome job Im loving it, really amazing feeling.
    Im just have an issue where the game doesnt recognize my sequencial shifter (Heuskinveld). I have a DD1 wheel and a connected Fanatec H-shifter. The pedals are Heuskinveld also, no problems there ;)
    The problem is (are) the sequential shifters. HE doesnt even assign in the menu (as if it was dead) and the fanatec, in sequential mode does assign, but have no effect when driving... Only the paddle shifters in the wheel (Formula V2) and the H-shifter work, sequentials do not.
    Any ideas? Again thank you so much for this work of art and keep up the stellar work.
    Um abraço de Portugal!
    JP Miranda

• Like Like x 3
  2. bloozmahn

bloozmahn New Member

Is it possible to edit race, practice and qualifying parameters after a lobby is created? I tend to make the first qualifying of a lobby extra long to encourage people to join but then shorten it afterwards so it's not tedious. It would be nice to have chat in lobby to get opinions on track/car choice as well.

Hoping for future fix that allows people to join qualifying after 3min left, even if it just allows them to start at back of pack.

Really enjoying this game so far, it's my new go to!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gråvarg

Gråvarg New Member

I am really liking the game! For me who has not played the first one(did never play PC2 either so the graphicks are new for me also) this game is something new!! I have played a lot of ACC,iracing and so on and those sims are really great. The thing is that I keep coming back to this one everyday. I have also got interested in the brazilian motorsport series because of this game! A little more background of each series would be great! Like which tracks does the sprint car race and so on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, it is and for the better.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have exactely same issue, AMS2 does recognize my seq shifter (DSD) in the assignment but in car it does not fonction. if i assign gears to the paddles (Fanatec), it works.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ruztytoaster

ruztytoaster New Member

So my first post anywhere, but I feel I have to say to the developers of this sim... Bravo! coming from rfactor 2 and raceroom I was sceptical, but wow its amazing. performance in vr is fantastic and the cars feel, well for me amazing. Really well done and keep it up!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Bruno Rocha

Bruno Rocha New Member AMS2 Club Member

Friend, can you pass the FFB settings you are using on DD1?

8. Bruno Rocha

Bruno Rocha New Member AMS2 Club Member

[QUOTE = "Jose Paulo Miranda, post: 62500, membro: 8664"] Olá pessoal, Olá Renato! Trabalho fantástico Estou adorando, sensação realmente incrível.
    Eu só tenho um problema em que o jogo não reconhece meu shifter sequencial (Heuskinveld). Eu tenho uma roda DD1 e um H-shifter Fanatec conectado. Os pedais também são Heuskinveld, sem problemas;)
    O problema é (são) os shifters seqüenciais. Ele nem mesmo atribui no menu (como se estivesse morto) e o fanatec, no modo seqüencial, atribui, mas não tem efeito ao dirigir ... Apenas os mancais no volante (Fórmula V2) e o H-shifter funcionam , sequenciais não.
    Alguma ideia? Mais uma vez, muito obrigado por esta obra de arte e mantenha o trabalho estelar.
    Um abraço de Portugal!
    JP Miranda [/ CITAÇÕES]

Friend, can you pass the FFB settings you are using on DD1?

9. Victor M Miguelez

Victor M Miguelez New Member AMS2 Club Member

Lucky you, in my case the formula Vee cars do not turn to the right or left eventhough the steering wheels move the wheels right and left. I cannot even take them out of the garage, just straight to the wall ! Hopefully this problem will be solved sometime.

10. Victor M Miguelez

Victor M Miguelez New Member AMS2 Club Member

When can we expect the AI to become decent as to experience some fair competition? Is frustrating.....too fast even at lower levels ( i.e. 30%) Really not fun to race under these conditions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

We will see. They working hard ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Just signed up this forum.
    I'm a happy owner of Automobilista nad now automobilista2.
    Yesterday managed the FFB value till find a great setting( I'm on G27) Thx for thise beauty Renato and all of the Reiza crew.
    Waiting for further steps that make this the best sim on market.
    Cheers from Italy

• Like Like x 3
  13. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's amazing to see that many many many people do not get the idea behind early access and truly expect a 100% fully fleshed out sim with no bugs and a decent AI right from the start. They act as if they have a 1.0 version at home. Every day I get some negative comments on a YT vid (90s F1 cars) of mine from AMS2 where people complain about AI, physics, yadda yadda. And I try to tell them that it's still WIP and just out since a bit more than one month. But guess what? Either they don't want to hear it or they know better. Some simracers are a lost case.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Leadbelly

Leadbelly New Member

AMS2 early access is pretty darn good value for the money, when compared to other early access games. When I bought ACC early access there was only one car and one track for the longest time before anything else was ever added.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  15. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I’m really enjoying AMS 2 during early access. The sim runs great on my i5-2500K and 1070 Ti under varying weather conditions, etc. FFB is really quite good with my G25 at this stage. No major complaints; AMS2 is simply a very convincing driving simulator. Reiza already has a great head start on this title in early access form, and they have always supported and developed their products.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding visibility of the game in the Steam store, Reiza might want to add more tags to the page of the game. Current tags are Racing game, Simulation, VR, Sports and Early Access. Since the devs have more weight when they tag their own game (Allegedly it counts like 20 users tagging the game), you migh want to add Automobile Sim, Indie, Realistic, Multiplayer, Time Attack. Also each user can help with adding these of course! This will help in multiple ways so Steam can better recommend it to players of other sims in discovery queue, more like this box on store pages, deep dive experiment, people browsing individual tags and more ways.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The biggest problem I felt in AMS2 is not the game itself, several cool categories, but it is the loss of identity, what I hear most is a Pcars2 with AMS mod.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Shpalman

Shpalman Member AMS2 Club Member

ue ciao! anche io ho un g27...mi pare settato abbastanza bene...ma potresti dirmi come lo hai settato tu che magari va meglio?

19. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

If they cannot fix the fundamental issues coming from the madness engine then yes.
    But I trust in Reiza to polish that turd, as they did before. Might take some time though...

20. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

English please...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.