1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

This is caused by certain HUD elements not scaling / moving in the 2D window when in VR mode to the resolution specified for the 2D window. If you up the resolution in Options > Performance > Resolution when in VR mode and restart then you will see the missing elements appear. If you up it to 4K res then the tyre status element appears mid screen. (i.e. Still a bug that needs fixing.)

2. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

You can't up the resolution, from the maximum of whatever your monitor resolution is - 1080p in my case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Although true, there are ways around this, depending on the videocard you have. You can either create "custom" screen resolutions (this is what I do) or enable DSR (super-sampling) within your card's settings. Both of these solutions will almost always allow you to choose them, within all games, even if you only have 1080p monitors.

4. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Cool, thanks, I'll look into that, but the main point is, that this is a bug that needs to be highlighted, as you can't be 100% sure if Reiza (a) know about it, and (b) if they have any plans to fix it at all. They could easily have just assumed the VR part of the Madness Engine comes pre-packaged, with no issues.
    It shouldn't ideally need any work-arounds.

Edit: Via the NCP, I set DSR to 1.50 and 4.0, but it made no difference when you load the game in VR(Steam and Oculus) it limits itself to the monitor resolution, and the game doesn't allow me to go any higher.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Kaneda06

Kaneda06 New Member

Hi !

with pimax we need activated parallèle projection for not have trouble screen

But paralell projection mod use many FPS :/

They have a solution for PC2

I try make the same pc2 for am2 but problems is impossible to lunch from pitool
    Work Just with steamvr :/

6. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

I went in to pcars 2 and played around with the VR UI editor to get hud to a level that seemed useful and exited the game then copied the co ords into AMS2
    The UI is larger and floats flat just past an open wheel cockpit area and only needs a slight glance to see the data in the corners.

Code:
    <prop name="HUDSettings" offSetX="0.010054" offSetY="0.061950" offSetZ="-0.580263" scale="0.559927" rotateX="-0.017535" rotateY="-0.003423" rotateZ="0.000832" rotateW="0.999840" />

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you have a screenshot or video with your settings? Just to see how it looks ingame.

8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

You can't easily take a screen shot of VR. Just give it a try yourself, if you don't like it you can revert the changes. (You can either backup the file, or just delete it and the game will generate a new one.)

9. Donato

Donato Member

hello everyone, I'm new, I bought this game recently and I have to congratulate everyone, I was pleasantly impressed by physics and FFB, I come from PC1, PC2, AC, ACC. the only perplexity that remains for me is the shadows in VR, as they were already problematic in PC2 (same engine) also in the distance they create visual artifacts. will there be any improvements? sorry for my english translated by google

thanks

10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

No doubt there will. The shadows are really sharp at the moment and anti-aliasing doesn't seem to have any affect on them whatsoever. Try driving at noon for now as it makes the shadows much smaller.

11. Donato

Donato Member

I'll try, thank you.

12. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

I dont but if you can try to picture.

Youre in an F1/open wheel/caterham car , the virtual mirror is a small glance upwards ( if you are on full hud) , the gear and tyre temp icon on the right sort of floats behind and near to where most wing mirrors are and the race positions floats up in the top corner in line with the left mirror.

Thats using the settings i copy pasted from pcars 2 and into my post

13. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Heitor Facuri Cicoti
    Posting here rather than beta forums, as there is no official VR section there.

Would it be possible to explore the use of OpenVR HiddenAreaMesh in AMS2/Madness Engine.
    Most sims are now using this to mask the area outside the view of the HMD and can bring decent gains to VR performace.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

which do you mean with "most sims" ?

15. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Is it something that needs to be enabled via an ini file , or is it part of the current openvr_api.dll and needs enabling somewhere else in game code?

ValveSoftware/openvr

16. TheMattyOnline

Maybe most sims that i use would be a more accurate statement, but certainly Raceroom Racing Experience, ACC and RF2 all use it. Not sure about AC (possily through shaders patch?)

17. TheMattyOnline

It would need enabling/coding in i assume with the Madness Engine.
    It's built in to UE4 already, hence ACC using it.

18. TheMattyOnline

As an example, this is from Raceroom, with the mask:

Off:
    rsz_20200112-2145.png

And on:
    rsz_20200112-2136.png

In the HMD, you obviously don't see the binoccular effect, as its outside the FOV.
    And the game doesn't need to render and process the part of the scene thats masked and can produce decent frame rate benefits.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Pedro Ferreira

Pedro Ferreira New Member

With my Odyssey driven buy a 1080ti, working at 60Hz/not 90hz, I can use: 1.3SS, don´t remember if SMAA or MSAA on High, and everything at ultra with particles, grass at medium and shadows at high..full pack of cars with thunderstorm super smooth. I had to adjust for some minutes to 60hz but now, i cannot tell the difference.

PS: I use the same file i had used in pcars2 (config file for graphics options)

20. Jason Schofield

Jason Schofield New Member

This worked great.. Thanks so much.. Can't thank you enough.

• Like Like x 1