1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.8.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

It's on this tread:

Steering wheel rotation range

Anyway, I created a new profile for AMS2 (directed it to AMS2.exe) and it's not even being recognized, because the game is reading the Global Device Configurations. These are my configs:

Global:
    [​IMG]

Game:
    [​IMG]

About calibration, I watched some tutorials just to be sure, but it's onscreen instructions are pretty straight forward and clear.

The thing is, when I set the Global Set to 450º, all cars (but karts, that need to be set at 200º) work fine... even the cars that had 900º or 620º will turn only 450º, but their virtual wheel will be synced with the real one. If I leave all the sets at 900º (the game will aways consider the global, not the gape specific) the 900º cars work fine, but all the others are not synced.

PS: The screenshots are in Portuguese, but I believe that the options are the same in any language.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Has anyone been able to get the mandatory pitstop to work? I can't select it at all but it isn't greyed out.
    I also thought I read something about being able to display throttle and brake inputs on screen but can't see it anywhere or a way to enable it.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Then you need to readjust your LFB/FX settings. If the steering is too light, I will predict in advance your FX and LFB are too low...what are you using? Of course, Gain will also affect things, but negatively if the settings are "wrong" and positively (giving you the expected/desired weight) if they are optimized.

4. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Member

@ Jugulador

Try creating a profile for 'AMS2AVX.exe' instead. That's the executable mine runs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

T500RS user here.
    I really don’t get that LFB option.
    And I cannot support the developer recommendation to set it between 30 to 60.
    It only adds a spongy, indirect feel to the FFB!
    I have set it to 10 now, and now it feels much better and more realistic to me.
    For most users I would recommend setting FX and LFB to zero first, then go up in steps until you found YOUR optimum. The Dev suggestions are not thought through, and therefore not helping at all.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The recommendation is for the old default. Not the new default. Keep that in mind. :p

7. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

And it didn’t work there either.
    It’s sad to see Reiza don’t know about, or don’t care about.
    Their recommendations FFB wise are truely misleading.
    Or they are dumb feeling wise. Who knows.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok.

• Like Like x 1
  9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Proud T500RS owner here too. It's an old wheel for sure we have here, but strong and precise IMHO ;)
    Not sure they will be able to connect one and provide their best settings, and suggestions are just suggestions, and I'm 100% sure Reiza care a lot the way we feel FFB in their sim :)
    We really have just 3 sliders to play with so I'm pretty sure each one will find their preferences. With the new default I was at 80/20/40 today and it felt great, but I will fine tune at each session like always until it feel perfect, and the EA process will make me change it anyway until it's fixed for good. My TM Control panel is 60,100,100,0,0 and checked set by the game.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Marc Collins

LFB alone will produce a spongy feel. When combined with the appropriate amount of FX produces balanced feedback (that doesn't need to be changed per car). Not saying it feels the best for everyone on every hardware, but starting at 50/50 with appropriate Gain is probably better than 0/0 as a starting point. The devs may have left the default at 50/50 for a reason...who knows? I suspect that FX needs to remain at 50, but LFB will vary depending on strength of wheel. Low for DD wheels, about 50 for mid-range wheels and higher for weaker wheels...but I don't really know.

An interesting review of the new 0.8.4 FFB...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Leclettico

Leclettico Member

Where I can find the telemetry screen?

12. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Didn't change anything... thank you anyway.

13. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes New Member

Yes thanks tried that. Can't get it back to old profile feel. New profile maybe technically right as explained but something has been lost. I can only explain it as turn in feel. Tried multiple combos. Simucube 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. antoFPV

antoFPV New Member

With my simucube 1 the FFB before Update was perfect. the feeling with 0.8.4 is less natural now :(.

15. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Indeed, I know some lads (Inc a friend) even completely remove the front anti-roll bar to get more bite/roll onto the tyres in slower/sharper corners, but the understeer in game is across the board, way too much. I'm not going in too hot either, there's just not enough grip on longer sweeping, fast corners. Very noticeable at Goiania full track.

16. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

you can assign a button to rotate through all views.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marc Collins

I think no one will get back to the old profile feel because they are different by design. Min force is also going to get added into the new one, which will further separate it from the old one.

Looks like from the video I linked above that a Fanatec DD person has found the sweet spot. All you can do is commune with others who have the same wheel, and be sure you aren't using any unnecessary control panel trickery.

18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Hi F1
    I ran a session this afternoon settings included a mandatory pit stop.
    10 lap race with 8ai plus people who joined.
    Spielberg Historic with 620r cat.
    We all had to do mandatory stop, (I waited till lap 9d to see if it would work, then got the reminder)
    Cant set pit stop settings for fuel/tyres/damage etc yet but that will come later I guess

. Side note the rolling start also worked (failed prior to this update).
    Thanks Reiza

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

The last time I played was 2 builds ago, today I launched it again, and the FFB is constantly improving, especially in low speed corners, it improved a lot. I'm in love with the Formula Reiza, not too much downforce, it has the right amount. The only thing I really don't like is the lack of effects from the curbs and I have FX at 80! When going onto a low (flat?) curb I can hear the sound effect, but nothing from the wheel, it's like I'm driving on the tarmac just with another sound effect. No problems with higher curbs like sausage curbs. T500RS user here, if you have any solution feel free to tell me.

Also, other 2 questions, I'm wondering this since day one. If I set the driving assists on authentic the game puts TC and ABS on low and stability control on authentic. Why tho? If it's "authentic" it should change from car to car. It's just a "visual" thing and TC and ABS aren't really on low?
    Also, speaking of driving aids, in the drivetrain page of the setup there are 2 sliders for TC and ABS, do they have some effects on the car with assists on authentic or off? I guess not since I tried with F-Reiza and Ultimate which shouldn't have TC and ABS and having them at 1% or 100% is the same thing. Formula V10 instead should have at least TC (which returned in F1 in 2001 and was banned at the end of 2007 iirc) but even there the slider doesn't have any effect.
    Which are the other cars that should have TC as factory assist?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I don't use FX at all for this very reason. I find it masks a lot of the lower forces output from the wheel, such as the kerbs.

When set to 'authentic' the game enables those aids only for the cars that use them. TC and ABS can then be set via the setup menu per car, if they have it.
    I'm sure as things progress, the cars that don't have TC and ABS will have the sliders greyed out.

• Like Like x 1