1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 1, 2020.

1. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's the Porsche Cup:rolleyes:. No way a GT3-car is running this driving height:p

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Member AMS2 Club Member

What do you mean? Works great for me.

3. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've put my comments about this in Dicra's thread.

4. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

It could be a Cup but would have to be 2016 as that 2017 version you posted doesn't have the same tail lights.

5. Leonardo Meneses Alves

Leonardo Meneses Alves Member AMS2 Club Member

No, You haven't missed any updates. they just skipped some versions until publishing the desired one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a really good point I think, if Reiza get gamepad support right then it opens up the game to a much wider audience. I played PC1 & 2 mostly with my wheel, but I have both titles on PS4 also and they work really well. What's interesting is that it feels like the same game but an entirely different game at the same time. AC is great on the PC with a wheel, but just an embarrassment on PS4 with a pad, so I'd hate AMS2 to end up anywhere like that. There is no reason why it should as the Madness engine is adaptable enough to work on different formats and different playing methods. If you get the gamepad settings right, which is crucial, you can have a very satisfying and enjoyable experience with a pad and if that experience sits hidden inside the game, why not open it up and make it available.
    Once the content in AMS2 is added to and made a bit more recognisable it will appeal to a wider audience, and if the overall quality is as good as it has the potential to be, I see no reason why AMS2 wouldn't sell in large numbers. When Project CARS started off in 2011 it was a low budget crowdfunded gamble, people thought SMS were mad for bringing a simulation to consoles for example, but they built a franchise that stands alongside Forza and GT.
    There is a market for grown up simulations on console these days, and if Reiza can get gamepad support as good as say GT Sport, there is no reason not to make the leap into the mainstream. Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead, and of course it's a case of one step at a time, but I can see the potential if they nail it.

TLDR yes I agree that good gamepad support is very important.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Onlysimracing.com staff & microyoutuber.

Ohh yeah this is the marketing from Reiza that i wanted , if they continue this way for sure this sim is gonna be the number one and REIZA finally will get the credit that allways has deserved!

If they continue on this path i could have been 110% wrong in my speculations...about the cons of AMS2:

They only need to go and being a bit more comercial offering series and circuits that are grealy known mixed with the great but sometimes unknown tracks to get the best ever sim.

If i have heard right may be many tracks of PC2 could be on AMS2 (ohh Sonoma! )... AND that would be epic !.... It would make sure AUTOMOBILISTA 2 will be the reigning sim for the 2020 and the years to come!

PD: Dont forget Mid Ohio neither Road Atlanta,, please :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

So freaking sexy !
    I thought the same , as the diffuser and boot lip wing look not like GT3 !

9. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

I don't know how you guys at Reiza do it, but you keep surprising me again and again! The new content is much appreciated, both the officially confirmed as well as the content that's been hinted at (Nordschleife and possibly a 911 GT3-R?).

Though I could also see this being a cup car (AMS Boxer cup, anyone? :D) I'd personally prefer the GT3 version - and it would also make sense since it runs in the Endurance Brasil series, doesn't it?

The Sigma P1 also looks intriguing - I am super thankful for Reiza bringing attention to these fantastic Brazilian vehicles and series that are - sadly - not that well known in the rest of the world; at least I didn't know this one before!

On the topic of good gamepad support, I would like to add my personal perspective as well.
    Back in my childhood I used to either play racing games with a gamepad (starting with the SNES and GameBoy) or, even longer than that, using the keyboard on the computer. Despite years of playing various games it wasn't until Gran Turismo that I took things more seriously. A good friend and I used to study racing technique and practice drifting (oh those drifting days in Gran Turismo's Dodge Viper RT 10!)... still using a gamepad (now with analog controls, though).

Even when I got into more serious simulations like GTR and GTR2 and Live for Speed I was still using a controller on PC. As a matter of fact the only online racing I ever did was in Live for Speed, using a controller! Even remember winning one or two (public) races through consistency. :D

I can't remember the exact details of when I got it, but I also had a wheel at the time. Don't even remember the exact model - it was maybe a Saitek or a similar brand? In any case, I never managed to set it up in a way that felt comfortable. And I didn't know much about configuring the in-game options properly, which also didn't help.

One day however I got my hands on a brand-new Logitech G25 wheel and that transformed my whole simracing experience completely. As a matter of fact I am still using it today, although modified with a few small gimmicks here and there.

So yes, of course a wheel is the best option! But it's not an option for everyone. People may lack the space, the money (I know I wouldn't be able to afford a wheel today!) or suffer from disabilities that make using wheel and pedals difficult or even impossible.

With that in mind I think that there is a market for a proper, well-developed sim with good content that also offers good gamepad controls. As far as I am aware no other comparable sim has them (though I did try PCARS2 with a pad at first and it was okay, but couldn't go back after switching to wheel). Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, though - I haven't played all sims and certainly not all of their most recent updates.

tl;dr having decent gamepad support doesn't change the fact AMS2 is still a proper simulation. It won't take anything away from the more hardcore-minded racers but it will definitely add something for those unable to use a wheel (for whatever reason).

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unless it's just jumping over Flugplatz. ;)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully Reiza doesn't dish out too many cars and tracks after each other. I want quality > quantity. Even if this means stuff has to be postponed. But I am enthusiastic and positive.
    And please listen to your own hearts and passions, so make cars, tracks, and all the other stuff that you guys want to make. AMS 2 is your painting and easel. Not a bulletin board were people can demand / ask stuff. Keep it up!

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS1 has excellent gamepad support so there is little doubt it will be as good in AMS2 if you give it some time !

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You seem to have a similar background to me - I got into sim racing around 2002, just as Live For Speed was released - I initially played using a mouse!! until shortly after release, they added gamepad support. It worked beautifully, primarily because of the "analogue steering" option or something which made steering really nice and smooth. It proved to me a highly sophisticated physics engine in a sim could still be very controllable and enjoyable on an analogue gamepad.

I went about 15 years without playing sims but got back in just recently and have been hoovering up a lot of the sims released over the past 5-6 years, most at very cheap prices (AMS1 cost me under £6 GBP!!). Most have good gamepad support, with rFactor2 and RaceRoom feeling very good. Assetto Corsa has good gamepad parameters available but I could never find a sweet spot. Pcars2 is definitely the worst I've played. AMS1 is definitely the best and is pretty much the only one I play now. If Reiza can replicate that feeling in AMS2, it will be awesome. At the moment, I rank it alongside PCars2, beautiful to look at but not enjoyable to drive.

And just to add another reason for preferring not to have a wheel - my PC and desk is not a dedicated sim rig, it's multi-functional (including using it as a home office and a music workstation), so having a steering wheel and pedals would just get in the way a lot of the time, and having to move them in/out of the way every time I want to drive isn't convenient.

• Like Like x 2
  14. leobaruk13

leobaruk13 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Where is it?

15. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When may we expect the new update to arrive for normal Steam users? Today? Tomorrow?
    I hope this weekend at least....

17. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

So much good stuff, yet 90% of people excited about GT3/Cup, or whatever it is. :rolleyes::p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why do some guys see „confirmation of Nordschleife“ in this screenshot?
    I see only a dark/black background! Could be any track, right?

19. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Yeah, ridiculous huh, it's not as if those cars are some of the most popular IRL, sim racing and produced by a manufacturer that hasn't featured officially in AMS before :rolleyes:

20. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Forgive me for having an affinity with everything else 'but' GT/3/cup...

• Like Like x 1