1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.8.7.1 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2020.

1. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Possibly due to the tyre scrub effect. Try reducing FX slightly.

2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Some thoughts about AMS2 as it is right now...

Physics
    I'm actually quite satisfied with the current state, where you can recover from many slides. First of all, we've seen drivers work on their steering wheels like men possessed, and catching several slides every single corner. Go look at old F1 onboards - I'd have sore muscles after one corner, if I were these guys. Overdriving the car and not spinning is a thing - and a slightly loose rear in order to get some extra turn-in is, too.
    Also, catching slides is fun. I'd rather have a sim that allows me to catch too much (which I don't think to be the case here, to be clear, but still) than a sim that barely allows me to catch anything.

However, there are somewhat weird cars at the moment. Project CARS 2 suffered from excessive lock-ups and spins after breaking, at least on a wheel (pads had slightly different physics). Some cars on AMS2 seem to have the same problem. I'd especially mention the Brazilian Stock Car (which is a pity, because it's one of the few we can simulate a full real-life season with) and the otherwise incredibly fun ARC Camaro. Both Formula 3 cars, as well.

The Camaro and the Formula 3 cars are imo too easy to lock up, and the Stock Car LOVES to spin after breaking, which doesn't happen often in real life, and therefore doesn't seem to be too realistic.

Now, I don't need full blown realism if other solutions are more fun, but these simply ... aren't. Maybe it's just the standard setup that's weird - haven't really tried to work around, because there's lots of other, immediately fun content.

Slipstream & Dirty Air
    The dirty air effect is, I feel, far overdone in some cars. For example, the MetalMoro MRX Honda Turbo. Raced the AI on Cascavel and Taruma, and every time I got close to them, I lost up to two seconds a lap. Project CARS 2 had this problem, as well. Some cars were nearly unraceable because of this, especially the higher LMP classes.
    Now, I can't imagine that this is realistic. Apart from an F1 car, no real car has this amount of Downforce loss when behind another car. And even if it was realistic, why would you want to copy it? No possibility of overtaking is THE problem when it comes to racing, and nearly every higher downforce racing series resorts to more or less desperate measures to solve it. If someone could remove Dirty Air by changing a few numbers, they immediately would. Why don't you?

Pad Handling
    Please, please allow us to adjust speed sensitivity. I know I've already made a thread concerning this issue, but it's really a big problem. Around tracks like Adelaide, I've got to drift around every corner to get some turn-in, and while that does give me reasonable laptimes, it also means I can't do more than one or two laps without burning the tires out.

3. Twinz

Twinz Member

I have only driven the Caterham Superlight since the update, but default setup felt both convincing and fun.

4. Nackersum

Nackersum New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a G25 Martin and I do not feel what you say, do you want to share settings just in case?

5. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

Still happening with FX 0

I tried many different settings, high FX, low FX, high LFB, low LFB. Turning FX to 0 reduces it slightly but it's still very much there.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The only thing you can do is check out the dedicated threads for your wheel on here where a bunch of people have it working successfully and are very pleased with the FFB. Some are already setting top TT times with it! As a backer, you have access to all forums. If you use identical settings in all three places (Logi software version, control panel, AMS 2) and you still don't get the same result, it will help diagnose what else might be going on.

7. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

On ts-pc racer the new default lacks much of the engine vibration, even with fx set to high levels, so I'm using the old default.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1