1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 v.0.9.1.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 8, 2020.

1. Cliff

Cliff Member

what is a camera per car?

2. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tbf the caterhams was developed off of the Lotus, so I can see where the confusion came from!

3. Aaron Green

Honestly, when you first go out in any vehicle/kart, of you barrel into the first corner with cold brakes you'll go straight off. So if the brakes for you are feeling like an on/off switch at the beginning out of the pits, then that's totally wrong. There should also be a sense of panic (it's what I felt, as I was always so keen to get up to speed and usually went too fast too soon and almost always nearly killed myself!) starting a new run from the pits/grid. I can't really recall what the brakes are doing at the start, I thought they were quite weak/vague
    I'll have to go test now, but like you said, a few laps in they feel fine... Or is it your brain has got up to speed with the forces required in that particular car?

Also in a totally unrelated post, Reiza, can you make the site more mobile friendly? If I write a post then go back and proof read I can't edit the post correctly like I can over at RD. The flashing typing line skips to the end of the line, deletes words previously typed, it's a complete nightmare almost to point that you just delete the entire post and start again. If it helps I'm using Google Keyboard Swipe? Note the post above - I'll have to go test it now, couldn't get that all to join up after editing one word. Very confusing.

4. Aaron Green

I'm running mine at 25% sensitivity in game menu. That's what is working for me right now. It'll get fixed.

5. B Stu

B Stu Member

being able to save any seat etc adjustments per car. At the moment any changes to views are global.
    FFB multiplier per car should be coming too..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Until now the user is not able to save camera settings by car. If you change camera settings for one car, this setting is applied to all cars.

7. Manohy

Manohy Member

8. th3orist

th3orist Member

I really love the physics so far in this game and also think its graphically above PCars 2 which is a good thing. Also loving the track roster and the fact that it adds tracks to the game like the brasilian ones that are simply not well known in the simracing community. But what keeps me from fully engaging in this sim is the fact that most of the cars on offer are not that interesting for me :( I admit i am one of those mainstream guys who just are happy having proper GT3, GT4 or some known street sports cars and race those. I appreciate all these various cars now in the game but they are not really my cup of tea. I find myself playing basically only with the Brasilian Stock Car as this resembles somewhat a GT3 car. Eagerly awaiting that GT3 Porsche that was teased. Despite what i said: Definitely not regretting spending those 27€ as i am sure more things will come that are more my way, plus i just also love to see how a game grows!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Brake sensivity 0%,but only brakes work god for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Nice update, inc the chat facility window at various stages in a session pits/start countdown, makes a big difference, ie prompting people to press ready during countdown instead of the long timer, congratulating pole position etc.

• Like Like x 2
  11. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm quite the opposite I guess and glad that there's not another sim offering GT3 cars racing on Spa, Nords and Monza. I'm so tired of that. Have seen and experienced that for too long already, especially in AC: such a great sim with outstanding mods but when you go online you only see the three mentioned tracks with GT3 cars. Simracing has so much more to offer than that but the average racer just needs one type of car and three or four tracks is the sad impression I have.

Do I sound grumpy? :D
    The good news is that there'll be GT3 cars for AMS2 for you guys, I just hope there'll be more car and track variety online.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Cliff

Cliff Member

No more GT3 for you, you've had enough.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. th3orist

th3orist Member

I dont think its sad, its just personal taste. I tried all cars in AM2 and played with a variety of cars also in PCars2 but ultimately i land and play most of the time with the group of cars i mentioned. And i think there is nothing wrong with it to want these specific cars from this specific sim. Yes there are GT3 cars in AC and ACC but what if i enjoy AM2 phyiscs and graphics more, so of course i want those cars in this game as well, no matter where else they might also be. The beauty of sim racing is that everyone can find the cars they like to race with. A simracer is just someone who enjoys sim racing titles, not someone who enjoys all cars in all simracing titles. Otherwise professional racing drivers could not be called that, as they dont really race more than 2-3 type of cars during their careers... :D

14. ZeferinoCoutinho

ZeferinoCoutinho Zef_mirror_man-zefthebestofcour

0%?? Are you sure?? (I´m using 10% - CSL ELITE PS4 + V3 Pedals!)

15. Aaron Green

If it helps I like racing the Classic F1s. I'm online alot. You can kick my ass online anytime!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Aaron Green

Can we get an online summary of how many laps/time race is. I know I'm not alone in this as others have asked the same question during the count down to a race starting. But managed to slip into a lobby/race just before the race starts and in my/others excitement I/we have forgotten to look at how long/many laps the race was. I know you have a summary
    in lobby, but somewhere at the top of the screen would be great too. That way you can just glance up then make the necessary changes in car setup.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm really trying hard to like AMS2 but there is something that just wont click with me.
    The cars feel so strange, especially the new Sigma P2 and the other P2 car whatever it's called. Fells like nothing happens when I press the brake down until I lock up, it's like I get more braking done from some aggressive downshifting and I also have to go down to ridiculous low speeds to make the corner. On Kyalami I have to brake ~50 meter earlier than in a GT3 car for T1.
    Then when I get on the power the rear feels like I have tyres made of jelly.

Reading this thread there seems to be something off on my end, anyone got a clue of what it could be? I cleared out the documents folder but still no go.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

100% need this! Even tonight me and about 4 others panicking "how many laps is the race" lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Wow man , i was just coming here to say that i really like the P2 MRX Turbo, it has a brake pedal that actually feels great, i can really stomp the pedal and get great feel for how the car is stopping! Like seriously , i was here now to say
    If you want to have a great race, jump in the P2 MRX Turbo with P2, P3, P4 and Ultima Race around 1976 Interlagos , medium cloud (so there is no shimmering shadows) 8am start on 26/2/19 with 29Ai at 112 Ai skill/ 61 aggression ! I really fell in love with this car after this race !

Wheel settings are 75/25/20 all on wheel settings 100 other than FOR 80 DRI 0 .

This is what i want from AMS 2 freaking well done :hurrayreiza: 100% stoked :)

Edit: forgot to add , you can really feel the dirty air from the car in front in this P2 ! love it !

Edit : What PC specs , what wheel / pedals ? How can anyone help if they dont even know what your using ?? Add specs to sig mate ;)

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

@2ndLastJedi good idea, I'll sort that out later but for now:
    i5-4690K
    RTX 2080
    G27 +loadcell mod
    Triples