1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 v.0.9.1.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 8, 2020.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

As you can see in my signature i use Thrustmaster TS PC with 3TPA Pro Pedals...different from yours.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How did you change the date? I thought that got disabled in a recent update?

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Agree and this is my experience in real race cars. You almost think they forgot to connect the brake line or something until they get up to temp.

In many AMS 2 cars, I feel this effect.

However, in many others, the braking is inconsistent or grabby right from the get-go. My own suspicion is that it is in part controller calibration-related. It is as though the full travel of the brake pedal is not registered properly either until a full/100% press is registered at least once, or, sometimes, not at all. Some cars still have the ability to lock brakes at speeds where it is highly improbable and in my case, when things are not gelling, I can lock brakes with 25% pedal travel (on linear), which should be impossible at any speed.

So, waiting for more updates and to figure-out how much/if any of it is "random loss of brake pedal controller calibration."

As usual, basing judgements on one or two cars is highly dangerous. Try a wide variety and I think you will find some that behave as in real life and many that have one issue or another to do with pressures or temps or both.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. keem85

keem85 New Member

Sorry guys, but this latest update broke D-Box compatibility.. Any chance you can bring back the memory sharing? We are many D-Box users who uses the pc2 plugin, and it worked perfectly as of last week

5. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato said that the key in Live Motion SDK was changed at D-BOX´s request, and he belives that they´ll update to support quite soon.

6. keem85

keem85 New Member

Ahh So it's D-Box themselves that has requested this? If that's the case, it's good to know that they are working on an official solution then? :) Any chance you can give me the source where it was said?

7. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

G27 here.
    Today I've tried Kyalami. Great track but the FFB had a step back on my feel.
    I dont feel the car, singleseaters and Stock Car.
    The V8 is pretty good, but not so sensitive.
    Maybe is a setting issue.
    Tried many ways, but i feel the wheel dead at 0 mph ( there's a tweak to get a force with the car stopped?) and under heavy bracking no feelings...

I know it's is in development and hope @1.0 to find a way to feel as good as AMS 1
    :):)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. rafaelplacce

He said in the beta forum.

Im saying here cause a think theres no problem to share this specifc information.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. keem85

keem85 New Member

Allright, cool. I really hope it gets released soon.. I get serious withdrawal. The D-BOX motion in AMS2 is damn good, even by using pc2 code it's the best I've tried so far

10. Marc Collins

Thanks for all these! A few requests/suggestions:
    • Use the industry-standard F:R for brake and weight bias adjustments in all locations instead of F/R
      • "/" is used as part of SI measurements and we see that correctly applied all throughout the set-ups where "per" or "divided by" is appropriate
      • Bias and weight are proportions, so should be expressed with the ":"
        • Use of F:R or L:R also does not require cluttered parenthesis--you can just display (e.g., on the cockpit driving screen while you make an in-car adjustment) F:R 60:40 with no other characters needed
      • So, looks better and is accurate...two birds with one stone ;)
    • Thanks so much for the Telemetry HUD fix for ultra-wide screens!
      • Please make the Telemetry HUD editable, so we can move the widgets even farther to the edges and reduce the size, too (or just implement that if editing will not be available in the future)
      • Need a virtual mirror option and Delta Timing bar while using Telemetry as well
    • Time of Day is a nice addition, but hope that the relevant race/session info will get added soon as it is inexplicable to not be able to see the most important and relevant items on any screen while participating in a P, Q or R session or just sitting in a Lobby
    • Chat box addition is nice and was needed, but there should be a permanent, movable and much larger/wider chat box option
      • Chat either allows more typing than will be displayed for others to read or is too narrow to type enough
      • Word wrap issues all over the place
      • No way to bring up prior messages on command--only see the last few when someone else sends a message and they briefly pop up
      • Assume this is all underway, but even an ugly temporary version of this would be better than waiting for a final HUD design

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Marc Collins

Time Trial is a lot of fun.

Could the Personal Best and World Record timings get added to the delta timing bar options, please? Right now we only have the Session Best (named "Fastest Lap"--which should be renamed for all offline, online and TT purposes to "Session Best" because that's what it is) as useful feedback.

It might also be fun to be able to select the best time from any session (P, Q, R), online or off, to compare your own laps, so perhaps this could be a global addition? It's pretty easy to cycle through a few extra options since the label comes up adjacent to the bar as you choose.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

I must be a grumpy old git too, agree regarding GT3 and remarks on AC.

I commend his honesty though and I have to admit that whilst AMS2 is the only sim I play now, I gravitate to the British circuits paired with the Caterhams, Lancer or low powered open wheelers. The close racing is what I really enjoy most and have found the above cars well suited to this.

I cannot fault the other content in AMS2, the variety of cars and tracks are great but I guess we all have our personal favourites.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula classic Gen2 model 2 no audio sound.

14. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Kyalami is incredible, i spent tonnes of time there last wwk in ACC and this is every bit as good and not lazer scanned? Just an incredible job guys.

Sadly its not all positive, the AI rear end me constantly on all cars.
    Ive never rage quit out of a reiza title before but ive just done so tonight, please fix the AI.

15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The only issue I've now with rear ending is that if the AI is good at a corner and I am slightly worse at said corner, so when I am trying to defend it mostly end up AI rear-ending me because it's better than me and want to squeeze between the curbs and me. Specially at the second corner at Goiania. or the fourth one because AI can brake much later there. Rest aside they do a great job. Only need some finetuning how they see the real player, and the performance across all the tracks.

16. rafaelplacce

In something similar, I would like to be able to see the tyre pressure in PSI while using the metric system.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Silent hotfix just went up to address the Passat crash & other minor tweaks - no change in version number. Changelog below includes entries that were missing from original v0.9.1.0 changelog:
    • Fixed crash while loading Passat from Copa Classic FL class
    • Adjusted turbo and dump valve volume for Lancer R & RS
    • Adjusted volume for running on dirt for all cars.
    • Slightly reduced bump amplitude from grass & gravel
    • Slightly reduced aero drag from Caterham (all models)
    • Switched MRX P4 tire compound to a stiffer option
    • Adjusted Super V8 engine for more accurate power output (20 HP more)
    • Minor adjustment to AI performance in Copa Classic FL class
    • Adjusted MRX & F-Vintage AI throttle application tweak
    • Lowered F-Ultimate AI upshift logic to better optimize engine torque curve
    For those running AMS2 Beta, please note this hotfix hasn´t been uploaded to Beta yet, will be shortly.

• Like Like x 20
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh I cant read...

Great changelog:cool:

19. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi not sure if noted , but there is a bug in multiplayer where sometimes it does not go to the next session / screen where you click continue so you get stuck in Q indefinitely not sure what causes it or if its random. I believe something like it used to happen with PC2 if a person joined Q at the end of Q not 100% sure on that.

Love the netcode update huge improvement!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Much needed improvement. It'd be great if you could do the same for the Puma P052.

Thanks as usual for the regularity and scope of the updates!

• Agree Agree x 1