1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.9.2.1 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 15, 2020.

1. newbert

newbert New Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree that the cockpit is too dark now, no matter where you set exposure.

Also, for the first time, AMS 2 has my paddle shifters confused. It thinks that the left shifter is the right shifter and vice-versa. (TS-PC Racer base with Leather 28 GT add-on rim.) Easy enough to work around though - just reverse the assignments.

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

I fully agree the image quality get a bit darker and I feel that in my Oculus Rift CV1 headset. Not a bunch, thought. Also, honestly can't say if feel scrubbing effect whatever FX value have. Engine vibration stay very light even at 100 (posted too in FFB thread).

Also, I can now start the Rocco without using the clutch pedal (Cluth stay on manual). Before the engine stalled. How you guys do for sequential cars? Do you have to turn on Auto Clutch ot you are using the Clutch pedal just for the first gear like me?

3. papi Bernard

papi Bernard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Always progressing, many thanks. With the new FFB, the pleasure is not only when you accelerate, but also when you brake
    However, I face crashes from time to time with frozen screen, I report with bugspalt

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

@papi Bernard Could you please post or PM me your FFB settings (TM Control panel and in game FFB) if you're using your T500RS with AMS2? thanks!

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

To be honest, the Sprintcar is one of the few cars with a sequential transmission that has a reasonably accurate clutch modelled. You cannot launch these cars like a road car in real life. They require way more revs and accuracy to not stall. So, every time I hop into it I also forget and stall it first try. But the solution is to learn how to do it and expect the same on many other vehicles.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Marc Collins

Yes, the light plastic floppy corner markers are currently made of steel and have been bolted into their upright position ;)

It is an improvement over the originals that were made of an advanced titanium alloy and stopped the car dead when hit!

I am sure Reiza will fix when they do the next pass of this track.

7. Marc Collins

I wonder how this is possible? Since we have to physically click or move the button/paddle to assign it in the game, and those assignments are stored in a controller config file, if there was a programming or labelling error (i.e., in the menu the up and down shift names were reversed) wouldn't it affect everyone?

I hope there is not specific key binding assignment programming for every different piece of hardware out there! It's already a headache to get everything working with a single one! But there would have to be for your own physical inputs to be reversed when it works fine for most. ???

8. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You need explore kerbs like those at Adelaide to setup LFB & FX.
    At least it worked for me.
    But first adjust gain to little to no clipping @0 LFB, FX.

9. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Interlagos has minimal ffb in the F Classic Gen 2 naturally aspirated. Other AMS2 folk on a discord channel I'm on have reported it with Ultima and F3 too.

10. papi Bernard

papi Bernard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Please, notice that my wheel is a T300RS, not a T500RS
    TM control panel: default parameters
    In Game FFB: 90/40/40/40

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

The AI is better overall... but at the two times I tried (both with Sprint Cars at Londrina short), my races were wasted by CPU cars hitting violently my car on one of the last corners on the last lap (10 laps races), like if there was an script for that happen.

The rain and night are more demanding on hardware... before this update I could drive at raining nights without (visible) fps lost... now it look like a slideshow (i5 4460, GTX950 and 8GB RAM DDR3).

12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Small silent hotfix just went up including the following changes:
    • Added missing lighting adjustment (cause of overly dark lighting in some circunstances before this fix)
    • Kyalami 2020: Adjusted some clipped road line overlays, further track limit fine tuning, added missing T5 runoff curb, fixed collision issues with concrete walls
    • MCR2000: Added rear brake lights

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Renato, that is awesome! You guys move quickly!

A quick question:

Has the scrubbing effect for wheel spin and breaking lose/going over the limit been removed on purpose?
    Or is it something that will come back?

Right now you cannot feel when a slide starts or when sliding at all, only when sliding at 90 degrees or so will it kick in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SebWizterTv

SebWizterTv Member

When does the rating system come?

15. Darío Quiza

Darío Quiza Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks... And what about Kyalami bug,missing "floor" at the pits entry? Just at the left lane, before the first pit position, where the car can go througth the floor and fall into oblivion.

It wouln't be noticeable, but in test day and single race, usually player's pit is there, and I've fallen a couple of times.

Also, what happens with the stockcar V8? It should be great, but honestly, that car doesn't tell me anything, FFB doesn't transmit a thing from the road. Is it just me? I'm using a TMX, BTW.

16. ATSS

ATSS Member

Nice update, but the game is darker than before. Especially in cockpit view.
    Hoping for a fix.

Does increasing brightness 100% solve the issue? and everything looks like before the update?

17. shushkata

shushkata New Member

Last time i played (with the old patch) i had 18:00 low cloud coverage. So i jumped straight with that setting into the 0.9.2 update.

18. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

^^^^^ POST #72 ^^^^^^

19. mbayenh

mbayenh New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have an HDR monitor and I am confused by this HDR implementation. In the game there is no HDR toggle nor the monitor switch to HDR mode when I play unlike ACC or F1 2019 both supporting HDR. The monitor switches to HDR when those game starts.

20. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Still getting rear ended by AI ,great update otherwise.