1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.9.3.1 RELEASED - Now updated to v0.9.3.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 22, 2020.

1. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I have too agree with above, after the latest update to the FFB it just feels flat and artificial, and seems to have lost the finger tip feel, almost too rubber bandy.
    Now some cars feel better but a lot have lost that finesse, which was apparent after the first or second update with the new FFB.
    But still loving the game overall...

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Ok, the issue has resolved itself overnight. I tried again today, and after deleting and reassigning everything it works very well again and at least to me on my wheel using the SuperV8 and the Roco, it feels better than 0.9.2, but I'm still playing around with the values a bit. It also seems to only come to life once the tires are up to temp/pressure after 2-3 laps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Yeah to me the stock car feels broken on the new FFB, almost like the car is boucing from rubber band to rubber band, totally lifeless in between, i hope the re-install the previous 2 FFB options asap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is true that I have solved many of the anomalies found on my G920 with update 0.9.3.1/2 (resetting to default in menu controller and with new values of ffb), but it is also true that if a problem remains (in the case of Logitech and other brands that encounter anomalies), it should lie in the items that I highlight in red ... maybe I say one stupid (I'm not a programming expert), but I would ask Reiza to have a look at it, before blocking the operating base of the FFB ... ;)

FORCE FEEDBACK
    • Slightly refactored the way steering arm forces pass on to FFB (should provide a slightly "tighter" wheel around center)
    • Slightly reduced the filters that added in previous update
    • Added soft lock for wheels that still didn´t have it (WIP).
    • Disabled Old Default FFB profil
    • FFB profiles with lockstops enabled and new exposed values in them.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  5. citizen

citizen New Member

27 old touring cars with high aggression on this game is so much fun!! Just did Copa Uno at Oulton Park Island and just laughed whilst sending it and door banging the whole race. You've done an amazing job of the tracks and atmosphere around the track too! Oulton was my first ever real-life race and you absolutely nailed it in this sim

• Like Like x 4
  6. Martakus

Martakus Member AMS2 Club Member

Any updates on when 1.0 might release? I'm really looking forward to getting into Career mode. Last month the 1.0 release was targeted for May, then it was said a few extra weeks might be added to the EA period, so what's the current standing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

End of June, early July. there is still a ton of free content to come, another price increase. around 5 more updates till 1.0

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. SebWizterTv

SebWizterTv Member

i agree we should get mot info if things is delayd and stuff......

9. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I'm happy with it taking longer as there is still a lot of things that need ironing out, the worst thing to do would be to rush it ending up with loads of issues at launch.
    Info or a timetable would be helpful too..

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, there are still a few little things and a bunch of fine tuning to be done. Oh and the carreer mode is missing :)

The end of the month is nigh, we usually get a dev blog/roadmap update at the end of each month with some infos about future development.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Four days to go...no need to start chattering about it yet. It will come when Renato writes it. We don't even have this week's beta yet!

12. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Taruma Super V8 ai have some serious issues rounding the slow right hander in the middle of the circuit. They just go off. It almost looks like their throttle gets stuck open, but then some of them summon this super human grip to suddenly fly back onto the circuit.

AI Strength 80 I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Career mode will not come with 1.0.

14. citizen

citizen New Member

I mean the 1.0 release is sort of irrelevant don't you think? These guys are continuously releasing stuff in large quantities so the 1.0 release is more just like a milestone :)

Something I'm really intrigued by is how the multiplayer scene will develop. I think there's real potential for broadcasting leagues etc in AMS2!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone know if there is a way to copy over setups from old folder after removing mydocs folder?

16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I have the same issue. On another note, it's basically impossible to do that corner without locking up for me, so I'll join them from time to time. They also do it on 100, so it's got nothing to do with the strength they're on.

Also, the SuperV8 and the StockV8 are still sometimes a bit too prone to rotation for my taste. I had spins at the hairpin of Taruma that I have big problems explaining by weight transfer. StockV8 at Londrina is the same ... at 180°-corners, these cars, for some reason, are very easy to spin just past the middle of the corner.

I'll try to add a video tomorrow or on Saturday so I can back this up a bit.

17. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What you mean, finding the old folder, right clicking, copy/cut, then going to new folder and pressing paste? You can't mean that? Do you?!

18. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I meant what/where-are files to copy and paste, your post fixed it for me though I looked again and found them... dunno how I missed that folder! :p

19. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Wasn't the whole idea of deleting the folder and as a result clearing out setups recommended in order to avoid the issue whereby physics changes in some cases invalidated previously saved setups? If you don't care about that (Which is fine), why bother even deleting the folder in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ken Block had a hard time with the Super V8 as well and was spinning the first corner...

The Stock V8 has a differential to tweak and reducing the tension (higher degrees, less plates) might help to control the car. For me both are fine.

• Like Like x 1