1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Are you running any supersampling? That kills FPS on most systems. I've done a few wet races vs AI and it's run fine for me. I've noticed some tracks get a bit choppy at times of day when there is a lot of lighting and shadows though, like dusk and dawn.

2. RacingDenzel

RacingDenzel New Member

Hi !
    I don't know if it's fixed with the last update but since the begining (EA), there is a disortion in the mirrors in VR (not in the virtual mirror) ... ?

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  3. Timothy Dalton

Timothy Dalton New Member

Hi guys,

Is there a way for us to position our seats fowards and back or edit an ini for VR?

I find the view reset sets my head slightly too far back and i cant correct it by calibrating further back because my seats behind me.

Secondly regardless of if its enabled i cant see the leaderboard and relative information in VR. Is this a known problem?

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Controls => Assignments
    Assign controls to Seat Forward/Backward/Up/Down.

Assign a key to HUD View. Press it while driving to cycle HUD modes. If you still can't see the widgets, pause the game while driving and use the HUD Editor to enable/disable/rearrange/resize the HUD.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gene

Gene New Member

Any way to have the TC and ABS setting messages pop up in VR when switching between off/low/high without having the HUD enabled?

6. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I dont know about you, but for my install it defaulted to the WASD keys. I can use those to go forward and back and up and down, and I usually need to whenever I jump in a new car. It seems to save the settings after you set it once.

7. InfernalVortex

supersampling in game is set at “1”, not sure if that’s a yes or a no to that question. MSAA is set to low. I am a newbie to VR so not sure if there’s other places I need to check.

I’ve got a 2070 Super and a Ryzen 3600 with 32 gigs of ram at 3.2GHz, should this be enough to run with the rain and a full field then? This was at Montreal, for what it’s worth. Not sure if that’s a tougher track to render or not.

8. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

No - they are part of the HUD. You could edit a HUD view so that no widgets are visible except messages

• Like Like x 1
  9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

In a word, yes. And then some. I have a 1060, Rift S, running a combo of medium and high detail options, and I can run in rain with no issues. AMS 2 is very well optimised for VR so it sounds like you might have some other underlying issue somewhere.

Supersampling in the game menu set to 1 means you're running default res... no supersampling. However, you can also set supersampling levels independently in most VR headset software. Might be worth checking there (Oculus, SteamVR) to see if this is set to a ridiculously high value by mistake.

10. Kevin39

Kevin39 New Member

Super Sampling in my game seems to be set at 2, but it doesn’t let me turn it down. Has anyone else seen this?

Is it because I have it turned up in Steam VR (140%)?

It looks incredible, but it does get a bit framey during high speed corners.

11. InfernalVortex

Well thats a little frustrating then. I set up MSI Afterburner to log performance data, shows GPU at near 100 percent all the time, and CPU much lower. Framerate bounces around between 75-90. Usually the very high 80s, which I am guessing is pretty much the game hitting 90 Hz., but I am sure every time it goes down to 75 it's dropping frames since my headset has a 90Hz refresh rate. Isnt that how it works?

I dug through a lot of other software looking for rogue super sampling, but I am at a loss.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  12. Supermelon

Supermelon New Member

I'm using Valve Index on 120 FPS. AMS2 works amazing on this head set. Couple of settings needed my attentions, both in Nvidia panel and game settings. But after optimizing it for speed, it efficiently feeds 120 frames every seconds even on full grid online racing. AMAZING.
    Way this sim looks and feels at the same time is next level comparing to everything else. Can't wait for more content, leagues etc.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. InfernalVortex

Any chance you'd care to share which settings? AMS2VRSettings.png

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  14. Gene

Gene New Member

Good idea, I'll give it a try, thanks

15. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you even grab your graphics settings? You must be running something that is tanking your FPS. I've got a much more inferior system to you and I'm running buttery smooth and in running 1.3ss in Oculus Debug (game is set to 1.0 - I don't touch that, in game ss settings seen to really hurt my FPS). I'm not forcing ASW either. It has to be graphics settings...

16. Supermelon

Supermelon New Member

I think efficiency depends on your hardware. I have pretty powerful PC with RTX 2080Ti, still I had to lower down some of the settings.
    Visuals.png
    Performance1.png

Grass/particles all at medium
    VR supersampling 1.3

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Balrog

Balrog Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe it's an AMD thing, I also have a 2070 Super and a Ryzen 3700X and my system also struggles in the rain, my Index switches to half rate no matter how low I set the frequency. And VR performance is pretty inconsistent in general. I often get microlag on some tracks while practicing alone even with motion smoothing on.

18. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I think you could bump your settings a bit with your hardware - I have similar hardware and don't have anything on low. That said I run at 90FPS as I don't notice the improvement at 120FPS - I do notice the difference with low reflections and shadow detail though. Curious as to what you changed in Nvidia control panel that improved performance - I've not changed anything as I'm not sure I understand it well enough.

19. Koala63

Koala63 Member

Greetings. After checking in this thread and the bug report thread and not finding anything helpful I posted up a bug report about a new issue for me. My VR cockpit (driving) view has started to reset to about a meter outside the cockpit after I have a heavy impact with a wall and return to Pit.
    I've been running AMS2 EA in each build since release and other than the hard-lock glitch-out on the wheel, which is well reported, I've had no trouble at all. I'm comfortable with setting up and operating within the sim, so I don't think this is a newbie problem (hopefully).
    The only way I've been able to find so far to fix this glitch is to delete my entire AMS2 settings folder and start again. However after having this happen twice in short succession.... I'm getting cheesed!
    Does anybody know exactly where in the VR setting files the centering values are do I can more quickly reset the view position ... BTW - this only happens for me after a heavy crash - I'm wondering if its linked to FFB... Thanks in advance for any help.

20. InfernalVortex

• Informative Informative x 1