1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 30, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I wonder where the 1974 Porsche comes in? I really hope it's soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As cool as that car is, I'd love to try a much less sorted earlier 911 racer was it an "L" or "S" or something? R would be cool to but intrigued to try one in all its sketchy glory :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You clearly never owned your own company... It's all dependent on their cash flow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If the hud, menu and QoL come up between now and 1.0 then I think it's ready to be released. Then the 2 year journey kicks in. It's gonna be a fantastic tale.

• Like Like x 4
  5. rsr427

rsr427 Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to be blunt, but what is the point of all this disparate content?

Between rf2, iR, PC2, AC, AMS, ACC, RRRE, F1, DR2, we are completely swimming in content. What is going to keep me in AMS2? We have 1 or 2 cars from a historical series here or 3 historical tracks there, but what do we do with them? Especially for an offline racer, sure, you can mix and match anything in an online series and hope it makes sense.

As it stands there is no championship season anyway, let alone a career mode that makes sense. How do you weave together a cohesive "story" (and I don't mean actual narrative) where you progress through the different content in a meaningful way? Instead, I'll end up with another 40 cars and 30 tracks that I'll hotlap on for a bit, then end up in F12018 where I'm looking forward to my latest car development updates. At the very least a game like Forza 7 has 15 or so mini-championships that make up tiers in which you have to progress, and it gets you driving a wide variety of cars. I'm hoping for something to connect all this content together, otherwise, people will bounce from one sim to another for whatever the car de jour is.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I think you missed the point.
    More content gives you more choice, if its quality stuff it doesnt hurt, whats stopping you from not using certain tracks/cars? Sorry but the post doesnt make sense. So rf2 can have thousands of mods but AMS2 has to stop at a certain point with official content?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Scoops

Scoops Member

If what you are saying is you want dev teams to concentrate on complete grids for each series then yes that would be great, but I’m more than happy for each dev team to compete with each other to drive content higher and further. So long as this isn’t going to reduce the breadth of content that means across all sims we continue to have rich and varied racing then all well and good.

8. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just like to fire up a late 80s F1 car and rip it around period authentic Imola, Jacaperagua, Osterreich ring, Interlagos, Adelaide fighting tooth and nail with other sleek F1 cars in VR. Those tracks are so different to current tracks and no other game gives me this experience and feeling. In the future I'll be doing that at Estoril, Hockenheim, Silverstone and Spa. I can't wait! I couldn't be happier.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This would be the best way to do it IMO. Complete grids is what most sims fail to do and it is disappointing for someone like me that likes to recreate authentic races. It is why I appreciate Reiza trying to complete the endurance brasil grid as well as including complete series like Stockcar V8s, Sprintcars, Montana's etc.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like the list of cars from Project Cars 2

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Łukasz Łażewski

Łukasz Łażewski Member AMS2 Club Member

:whistle::whistle::whistle:
    There is something more but won't post that :p[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

My 10p worth.
    I had never heard of AM until a pal of mine, whome I was playing RF2, said the AMS1 was based on RF. Then we heard AMS2 was coming out and it was going to be RF2 with PC2 graphics.

For me AMS2 is a fun game but ts not a sim like RF2. For one it too much like PC2. They missed a trick and did not look closly enough at RF2 to see why its so good. Yeh RF2 graphics are dated but the physics are superb, however, where I feel AMS2 missed out was Multiplayer. Ability to setup a server, kick troll players, restart a session or race easily, be able to reverse the grid. The abity for a lot more setting up of the car. Know that a Caterham is not mid engined :)

Dont get me wrong I have enjoy playing the game just dissapointed its not what people said it would be

• Disagree Disagree x 12
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The dedicated server has barely been released into beta. It will do all those things, and better than rF2, likely within a few weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn't mind if they buy all of PC2 cars, and improve their physics settings (a given) and replace terrible sounds from PC2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

that are pCARS2 left overs and should be deleted.
    There is also an old custom liveries folder with pCARS2 files.
    sorry, no secrets or spoilers ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

:D

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

We are testing it and no...it can't...
    We know the Reiza team is working hard on it and their work is invaluable but right now I wouldn't be so optimistic, it is missing all the fine options available on AMS dedi :oops:

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Which features do you think will remain missing past the first major dev cycle on the dedi server (3 to 8 weeks)?

19. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

As far as we know from our tests it is very different from AMS1 dedi so obiouvsly you can't do the same things. A simple example, as admin you need to be on server to start the race while on AMS it starts automatically.

20. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A lot of those ic not all are left over files from PC2