1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 30, 2020.

1. SebWizterTv

SebWizterTv Member

Well if they said they gearing up for the offical release in mid june i hope they do it, otherwise i dont understand why they promiss people.... alot of people will get dissapointed if a company says one thing and then dont do it.

Looking forward to the rating system this week or next week and then GT3 and Bathurst.

• Dislike Dislike x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But a lot of people and review sites will crush Automobilista 2 if it's declared 1.0 and misses many things and/or is not polished enough. I just remember ACC, it was a desaster at first and got bad reviews.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. SebWizterTv

SebWizterTv Member

Well can you explain why they saying the official release will be in mid june then? they will add all the things until then otherwise they wouldnt say the release is in mid june

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. B Stu

B Stu Member

Ultimately Reiza knows better than anyone here when they feel ready for full release. I'm quite sure they understand the implications of scenarios such as a Steam backlash.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone know what track was being referred to in this part of the road map ? "s glorious pearl from the portuguese Riviera"
    I was just driving the Montata in AMS 1 again tonight , that is rather enjoyable in the old title , hopefully it will be even better in AMS 2 and should be here any day now if plans are still going to well , plan :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Estoril

• Like Like x 3
  7. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well…I think especially in software development it is not easy to define a specific release date because there are many many uncertainties. They just had to name a date because that’s what everybody expects – just like you. However I know from experience that such dates have to be met with caution when it comes to racing sims. The sim crowd can be cruel at times (see ACC for example or all those "my sim is better than your sim" borefests) so it is probably better to polish the s**t out of a product until 1.0 is reached.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Chin

Chin Member AMS2 Club Member

Errrr, maybe you bought the wrong game? I am not looking for any story. I want to race against other cars...and I can do that just fine. ;)

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tobi797979

Tobi797979 New Member

I think AMS 2 stands out in an amazing way because of its content that no other sim has. Where can you drive a Sigma P1 or the great Ultima on these great brazilian tracks...i like also the other Sims and now with AMS 2 we have a superb range of contet everywhere. And the FFB is also great too. I'm looking forward what Reiza will ad to this great game later.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Scoops

Scoops Member

Under promise and over achieve tends to impress people more than over promise and under achieve. Even if the actual outcome in what is delivered is the same. It’s all about managing people’s expectations.

The actual delivery and v1.0 content will be whatever it will be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Łukasz Łażewski

Łukasz Łażewski Member AMS2 Club Member

Senna DLC folder is left from pc2 too? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

aaaand now you did :p

13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't sleep anymore. I think I got 3 or 2 hours of sleeping. Last episodes of Fuller House, tea and racing it is. Then tomorrow I will tell my favorite cashier at the supermarket I like her, cause I think she likes me back. :oops::oops::oops: She sometimes writes on my receipt. Hope she is there, tho. Sometimes she is, sometimes not.

Sorry. AMS 2 makes me emotional.

@Fabian Biehne You can keep polishing, polishing, polishing, but a sim is always developing. It's not like a (j)RPG or so where you do not have any bugs or perhaps 1 or 2 but not gamebreaking. If Reiza completes their roadmap before half June, and also dot the i's and cross the t's on the menu, hud, interface and QoL then the game is ready to be released. Everything beyond that will be a lovely 2 year-journey and hopefully even further. Improving the sim step by step and giving us the best sim up to date. Reiza stands for quality. Althrough I've to be realistic and AMS 1 wasn't 'perfect' either; with custom season tool and if you select 3 races during a weekend the last race will always be 12 minutes or so. Or AI that can't handle rolling starts too well and crash. Anyway in this scene its good to have something new and Reiza brings new and also tries to innovate or improve things. Where others are driving the same lap over and over again.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Bro' once you told us that we need to know how it ends!!!
    I would like to open a thread just for this in order to post regular updates about her and you!
    I would start from what she writes to you... something like "remember to pay on time" or something "hey sweetie, you bought enough for a dinner for two"...???
    Hope you will reach 1.0 with her or you will receive e a lot of bad reviews here...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Ok I hope this isnt fake now I also need to know how this ends. Dont tell her you like here, ask her out or something but dont straight up say that :) But please post back here how it went!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks guys! Will go to the supermarket within a few hours. Those are her working-hours, but it's sometimes a bit random. She mostly signs in deaf-language to me. She keeps learning a few new words here and there on her own. A normal cashier wouldn't do that. Sometimes she writes on my receipt. Anyway, I just ask her if she wanna come drink tea, or so. Thank you for the support. It all feels a bit weird, but I am not used to this. And if I am unlucky she is just being nice. :D

Anyway, sorry for offtopic. :p @DaVeX @Shadak

• Optimistic x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  17. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good luck mate, you can only try and see what happens! We are all here for a race after whatever the outcome:D:cool:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do we need Spa-Francorchamps?
    -no, I don't think so, meanwhile it's the same as every other track, boring with wide, wide, wide,..., runoffs
    Do we need a 70s Spa-Francorchamps?
    -yes, yes, yes; 14 km of real hard and challenging racing on public roads!!
    Do we need a 80s/mid 90s Spa-Francorchamps?
    -yes, yes, yes; 7km of hard racing with less runoff, public roads, high curbs and one of the best / or the best chicane we ever had in Formula 1: bus stop
    And back in that years with the classic, challenging Eau Rouge, high speed, no runoff and dangerous!
    Reiza is absolutely super and the historical classic contents are the reasons why I stay with Reiza and don't want to switch to any other!

• Like Like x 6
  19. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

No need to be sorry we are genuinely interested :D
    We are a community after all...
    Waiting for a Ivysaur June Development Update lol

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

@Ivysaur Good luck, don't try to 'Force' any 'Feedback', being your natural default self is best.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1