1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Yes it's the gyro effect. Disable for karts for now!

(Little wheels spin very fast :eek: )

2. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really liked this last file, I chose my CSW and it is all very well balanced, i want to increase a bit the road noise only. Gonna try to have a better look at it later

• Like Like x 2
  3. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Great!

Make sure to post the values you change, so we can put in file for the CSW wheelbase :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So, just to make sure I am doing this correctly: With the latest file and my SC2 Pro, should I set DD wheel value to 1.0? Or, are the defaults already set for a DD wheel?

5. Karsten Hvidberg

Currently they already are, so no need. If you make changes to some variables that you like, please do post along with in game fx and Lfb settings, so we might make those the values for dd selection if they're good.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  6. Steve D

Steve D New Member

Many thanks for the continued good work fellas.

SC1 DD user and I've just moved from Resurrection (my favourite to-date) to Equals, which I think just shades it. Plenty of detail everywhere, (and all present and correct) and the forces around the centre seem a little bit heavier but more natural in terms of how the wheel feels under load and how it returns to centre. My constant test mule, the Caterham Superlight at Brands, is just a brilliant experience.

My 'go-to,' in game settings have been 45/25/50 for a while now but is there any mileage in adjusting them based on your the most recent updates?

• Like Like x 3
  7. F.Santos

I didn't feel the need to change much other than the road_noise which I think is this?:

Road speed & older road fx strength settings
    #
    (road_fx 0.2) ====== I want to increase rolling noise but without affecting kerbs, is this the right one?

I increased the stationary engine noise from 2.5 to 3.0 as well.

Happy with the rest!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Steve,

Because the centering enhancement is enabled, it should be possible for you to go lower on the lfb(I actually run it at 1, remember Reiza has a bug if you set it to 0) & you would get some more dynamic range outside the low forces too.
    Maybe try to adjust it downwards as far as you still like it.

Cheers!

9. Karsten Hvidberg

Awesome thanks!

Right, "road_fx" will only affect the rolling noise, as long as you don't also have mid&low road enhancements enabled, in which case they would be boosted as well. Those are disabled by default.

Do post your final adjustment on that one too :)

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. F.Santos

Right so Im up to 0.8 on road_fx and can't notice much difference. What I did notice is the feel of the road oscillating and matching the chassis oscillation.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Karsten Hvidberg

Maybe I misunderstood?
    When you said rolling road I thought you meant that oscillating effect, a rumble, but perhaps you meant the road details?
    Those you can turn up by going higher on the "fx" in game. But if you need fx where it is, you can turn it up by changing the "micro_gamma" from 2.2 to something slightly lower(corrected).

Hope it helps?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

And remember that CSW v1 doesn't respond to settings the same as v2/2.5, so please have two categories for CSW :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. F.Santos

Ok, so I meant that constant "noise" or "feel" you get from the wheels rolling against the road. Say in Donington, when you go over those big dark patches you can clearly feel it now, and when you come off them it feels almost muted cos the asphalt is smooth right? In earlier versions, you had an almost constant noise/feel that would vary with colour and type of patch but it was always there. It would vary from car to car but again aways there.

Perhaps, this was a faulty FFB to some degree because it is still there but now is much lighter, doesn't seem to vary from car to car anymore and oscillates with the lateral weight of the cars. Almost like if the wheels dug into the track in response to weight transfer from side to side (truth to a degree)

What would you categorise that as? in the file? I know also that it isn't engine noise because it didn't necessary varied that way and it is still there with this new file, just very low and not constant.

I'm gonna have another go at the fx, I did push that quite a lot, I think I'm up to 70 but I will try more.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NuScorpii

I think that might be the details_boost_smooth_value

Try upping it from 0.002 to 0.003 or 0.004

If that doesn't do it then try changing the 2.2 here:

(micro_gamma (+ 1.0 (power fx 2.2)))

To 2.0 or 1.8.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for that Karsten. I tried your recommended settings but the rattling is still there. It is probably not as bad as the default but not much of an improvement either. I think it could be the f3 needing specific ffb tweaking from Reiza or myself needing a new wheel lol.
    My G920 settings are 70/70/1.

Anyways thanks for helping out!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey kkdrummer,
    Actually now you should try out the latest "Equals", as then you can lower the Lfb and that should help, I would think!

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  17. Richard Busch

Richard Busch New Member

Love the work you guys have been doing. It's a great help to all of us. Is there somewhere we can download all the FFB custom mods from? I don't really want to wade through 11 pages here and 70 pages from the other FFB thread. If someone says they liked a certain FFB custom mod, it would be nice to just go and find it in a database somewhere.
    I do love the naming that you are using for each FFB custom mod. A data base of all these would be nice to have when v1.0 comes out.

18. NuScorpii

I try and keep post #3 of this thread updated with the latest version.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. NuScorpii

Removed - see here for latest update

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  20. F.Santos

Karsten you were right, after modifying the file a lot I decided to go as high as I could with FX and got the "road_noise" back. My fear was to go too high with FX and compromise kerbs and scrub, but it's all about finding that sweet spot, which I did lowering the LFB.

I think I found a nice balance between all cars for now, and apart from engine noise up to 3.0 don't think this file needs much more adjustments. Thanks mate! @Karsten Hvidberg , @NuScorpii

• Winner Winner x 2