1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.9.5.1 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 30, 2020.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL... Pete, do you have a custom file or the default file? I use a custom file (which is fantastic!). this sudden "steering jerk" didn't appear again since then, perhaps it was fixed in the latest version. This way I can enjoy the custom file without getting judo flipped upside down in my sim rig.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It may be reset/fixed just by switching from Custom to Default or vice versa. Seems to be the case for some.

EDIT: Reading that some who have never used a Custom file are having the issue, so disregard what I wrote!

Perhaps deleting the universal FFB file (ffb_custom_settings.txt) would help, though. It might get bunged-up just from being updated so many times and the game will recreate a fresh, latest-version one if it is not there.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I sometimes think there is a "10% boosted A.I performance (both braking and throttle) when approaching a corner with player nearby". And I am with you in terms of their poor situational awareness when you are next to them. I don't want them to drive off the track with extreme courtesy due to my presence like some games used to do, but this seems like a step in the complete opposite direction (Get outta my way, I'm comin' through).

4. josemirr93

josemirr93 New Member

Thanks for your answer, I'm going to reply you:

-First of all, I know the problems derived from Madness Engine and I think Reiza did a really great job with it. Don't misunderstand me. I'm the first who wrote in an article the FFB is great.

-Can you please tell me what value I have to change on the .txt file in order to modify the Default? Because, if I understood properly, I can't tweak the configuration if I don't enable it through the file, am I right? I was testing some of the files other users shared and I'm more comfortable than before, but I want to test what you are saying. Going directly to the .txt if I don't understand it maybe is not the better way to fix my problems, that's true.

-I'll put my hardware, thanks for the advice, but is a T150 wheel. I know is one of the cheapest, but I'm fine with it and, I said, AMS2 felt (and I'm sure will feel) great on it. Edit: I updated my signature following yours, I hope you don't mind.

-I drove a lot of hours in AMS, here in AMS2 and in a lot of sim games (Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, etc.), so, I'm not a beginner on the "feel matter", if this have any sense... My frustration comes for this, I'm used to this world.

-Yes, AMS2 is in EA, but EA is finishing. I'm worried because I saw, during the EA proccess, a lot of difference between the updates regarding FFB, and it was a bit confusing for me.

I know Reiza is doing a tremendous effort, and I bought ASM2 and the Season Pass because I trust in them. I enjoyed AMS, but I can share my problems.

Thanks for your time answering me!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

So, what are the "standard" settings for a T150 (for the Default FFB profile), and what are you feeling versus the others who are happy with those settings? Do you have all TM control panel settings at default (or whatever they are supposed to be at)? Or, did you try the self-configuration steps? What settings did you land on?

Once you know that your wheel is properly configured according to a decent number of others who have the same wheel, because you are experienced with other sims, you can start to discuss where the FFB may be lacking versus your expectations. Then, diving into the Custom file route may provide an opportunity to tweak the last 5% to your personal preference. This is the same truth whether we have a T150 or a mega-expensive DD wheel.

6. CMLcz

CMLcz New Member

This is problem with dirty potentiometer in gas pedal. I have same issue last week after 5 months of usin G29. Search for YouTube video in regards how to clean it ;) Works flawlessly for me now :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

Yes, thanks, I had to disasemble it and rotate the potentiometer. Now it works fine, so it wans't a problem with AMB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. the_stig

the_stig New Member

Will there be an update today? :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't race anymore. Sold my pedals. :eek: Hopefully HE Sprints won't take too long, hehe.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Pretty sure the answer's no, as Renato said in his May development post that 0.9.5.x, which we already have, will be the last iteration of EA before the release of the full game.

12. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yet I still can't help but check periodically. I need an intervention.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

I pretty sure it will have a update. Renato said before that till version 1.0 it will have a new update incoming every friday. Today its friday, so...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Update deployed to the BETA yes. To early access, no. That's what Renato said. It's pretty straight forward... Automobilista 2 May 2020 Development Update

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. SwaggerJacker

That reeks of finality. Yet, I will continue to check. Does a crazy person know he's crazy? Well, yes. Sometimes I do.:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oskier

Oskier Member

If you're a backer you should have acces to beta updates right?

17. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Today when I start AMS2 with all cars sitting in pits my throttle is engine 4000rpm brake full on with no foot on pedals. Deleted Automobilista 2 documents folder reconfigured all inputs calibrated wheel and pedal but still the same. I have read others with this problem as well. Very odd. No issue with any other sim.

18. SwaggerJacker

No, I backed Automobilista 1. I only have Beta Forum access. I didn't opt into the Beta. In hindsight, I wish I had. But I had no idea I'd have so much free time.

19. SwaggerJacker

What class and venue? I wan't to try to replicate that.

20. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All cars All Tracks