1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.9.6.0 RELEASED, now updated to v0.9.6.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 6, 2020.

1. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

hi guys, for the first time since release, in my opinion with today’s update the ffb made a step back from where it was before : with the same ffb settings I always used , the overall feeling is more flat and vague.
    already tried to delete ams2 doc files and remap all controls again, nothing changed.
    I'm on Simucube2, I use gain 55 - lfb 20 - fx 25.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. This is easily the least believable car for my mind in the game. Admittedly I have never driven one, but I can't imagine how the real life counterpart could be so much like driving a bus. The F-Vintage / Caterhams are great cars to drive for me so its not like I cant handle anything other than a GT3 grip fest. This Ultima Road though... Its hard to imagine this is anything like realistic. If it is, Ultima Road owners.. you should definately get a refund on your purchase from your local dealer (if your car isn't bent around some telegraph pole already)

Once again, I tend to agree, although I put rf2 60s open wheelers maybe a touch higher, but its pretty close for me. They are great fun (especially at Kyalami)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are sure about that? The last time i tried them, those cars were undriveable with ridiculous understeer and zero braking. The real cars of that time seemed to be quite nimble on the other hand.

With modern tyre-compound

When pCars 2 came out, i tried this combination as well and got the same lap-time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BazzaLB

What can I say? I drive the EVE F1 a lot (Around historic Spa/Belgium). Seems plenty nimble to me and I don't have issues with the brakes either :) I also love the Spark F3. But, don't let this detract from the fact that I love the AMS2 F-Vintage :)

5. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Superkart still broken :-( Have wanted to make a video on it since first early access as for me it's one of, if not the most exciting thing to drive. But alas, I can't.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The Rossi video is testament to how difficult the car is to drive. One of the top drivers of our era and he can barely get the thing pointed in the right direction and tip-toes around the track in such a tentative manner. Yes, he didn't want to bin a mega-expensive historic car, but it looks incredibly clumsy with poor cornering, braking and stability (it's constantly trying to get away from him) compared to what we probably want to imagine. It drives a lot like the G1M1 in AMS 2 ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Marc Collins

I just did sessions with them at Londrina Kart 1 and Snetterton 100 to test the AI. I thought they fixed it because I did not get the usual damage indicator and it drove OK. What's broken at your end?

8. Koala63

Koala63 Member

By Jove! I think they've got it!

I've been mainly 1 car and 1 track only throughout the EA, to help comparison of the weekly AMS2 iterations and avoid confusion.

After a short practice stint and then a couple of short, small-field races in the F-V G1M1 at Brands, I'm back here to shout out the fact that IMHO... its the build best yet, by a country mile! The AI set at 90 skill and 50 aggro were good in close and gave me room to overtake when I had the line. If my driving was sloppy they pulled away and, if I greased through a corner real nice and aced the exit, I gained on them.

They have lost the ability to jump to warp speed on the straights and an AI race is now fun. In short, the biggest gripe I've had seems to be fixed. Thanks Rieza!

FFB and handling seems great now on my low end system.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. TekNeil

@Marc Collins Ah...The same 'Instant damage' as before...
    I jumped on Azure as that's where I really can't wait to run them, then I pondered if it was a track specific thing so quickly tested brandhatch and Adelaide. Both with same issue/damage.

10. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

I agree in general, but he don't have to correct with the steering wheel every time he press the throttle, even with cold tires. That's the biggest different I see with the F-Vintage at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the first time I’ve actually driven several cars and thought “ yeah, this will work. This is good ffb”. I actually think this is best work so far and it’s starting today feel pretty decent. Even some cars that were a little rough like the v8 super area are somewhat tolerable now.

The only area for improvement is under braking. I’m not getting any sensation of weight transfer or shift under braking so it’s more of an audible and brake pressure cue.

Great update though. Really impressed.

using stock default with fx at 20 and lfb of 20.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  12. Marc Collins

Are you sure you are on 0.9.6?

Just tried at Azure and Adelaide. Even did a P-Q-R at Adelaide just to make sure. By the way, the AI cannot race at Adelaide...crash-fest.

13. BazzaLB

Funny. My FFB felt worse (by a mile). Still, I did some slider tweaking, reverted to a custom FFB file "Liberate" (Which I am sure there is probably an even better version by now) and I am back to being happy with the FFB (Not as good as previous release, but probably just needs some more fine tuning)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

so I am not the only one thinking ffb is way worse now

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TekNeil

Yeah, definitely 0.9.6.x. Full reinstall of the game with deletion of all folders manually.
    Setup was 14 A.I, damage off, race with no practice or quali. Clear weather, 4 laps, standing start. May grab a quick video tomorrow/today showing settings, then the issue. Issue also appears if I simply sit on the line without moving once lights go green.

And yep, they seem to like the kerbs a bit too much at Adelaide haha.

16. Marc Collins

No damage?!?!? I am using full damage!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  17. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wasn’t expecting another EA and this is a wonderful surprise Birthday present for yours truly. The recent changes to the AI are really profound. I spent a couple of enjoyable hours racing on cars and tracks that were previously nightmares at 60%, and had the time of my life at 95%. Not only didn’t they streak away on straights and stick like magnets through corners, but they raced me and each other, respected the existence of others, made the occasional mistake etc etc. As good as any offline experience I’ve had. I’m not gonna lie, AMS2 would have been hammered at 1.0 if the AI had been released at 0.9 levels.

I’m actually very confident that 1.0 will be a great release. The AI, physics and FFB are largely nailed, the gfx are outstanding save for some missing animations and liveries, the sound is great (apart from the total lack of trackside ambience), and the UI and usability are already far ahead of some titles that have literally dedicated years to these issues. There’s a great range of detailed and consistent vehicle and track content, the whole thing loads super fast and performs really well, and it’s supported by one of the most responsive and committed developers around.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. 250swb

250swb Active Member

For me there is still to much inconsistency between different car and track combinations. I was trying default setups on different tracks with a F-Classic Gen 3 car and I could have brilliant races on tracks such as Kyalami '76 or Brands Hatch full circuit, so different types of track with the same setup. But with the same setup the car could hardly stop or steer on Imola '72 or modern Imola and there was no feeling in the wheel, like driving on ice all the way around the circuit. Track temp etc. was the same. Maybe it's Kyalami and Brands that are 'wrong', but I think a default setup should work efficiently on some part of Imola given the variety of corners, it's like there isn't any subtlety in the track. Cadwell Park is somewhat similar, I can have a great race say with a novice spec Caterham that works well all the way around, but the same car at Snetterton is again like on ice and doesn't have grip on any of the corners or braking zones. And that is a car with very few adjustments to make in the setup so I don't think it's a case of tweak this or that.

19. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can add the Chevette to that list also, I haven't driven it for a couple of weeks, but testing last night it seemed like it was on rock hard rattle your teeth out springs, there was nothing I could adjust in camera settings to fix it. I don't recall it being like that the last time I drove it. It does feel like a camera movement problem, but not one that the user has control over, more of a Reiza fix needed. It's actually quite nausea inducing to drive those cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Completely agree, I couldn't have put it better ...

• Like Like x 1