1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.9.6.0 RELEASED, now updated to v0.9.6.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 6, 2020.

1. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

ok, so on this forum if anyone asks for help saying his ffb perception has gotten worse, the only thing he gets are 3 people that say "disagree".
    wow, very helpful guys.
    I'm outta here.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps check your simucube settings. The FFB in AMS 2 has changed too 500hz and 360hz so perhaps now it's faster or so the simucube feels lighter. I dunno. If Simucube 2 has a forum perhaps ask there hopefully they can help you.

Don't be sad! It will be all fine in the end :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fair enough mate, I don't think this update is worst but there are some unrealistic elements missing for me personally(simracers favourites), like extra scrub tyre noise so we know exactly what the car is doing since we don't have any other source of info apart from steering and tyre sound.

Perhaps you can add to your info at the bottom of your comment your computer and racing gear spec so we can have a better idea of what you running and who of us can actually help.

Alternatively, you can try some of the Custom file, for the time being, they give you this extra info and allows more freedom to modify the FFB to your liking.

Don't take this the wrong way mate but for a lot of us this game is now an addiction and becoming one of the best in terms of FFB, so to find love when criticising a new release of a game in development will be very hard :(, even if you just looking for help. I put the link down below I hope it helps if you haven't tried yet of course.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm pretty sure there is still some odd FFB behaviour in this build. I thought I would try out the Super V8 so did a bunch of laps in a test session then loaded TT up immediately afterwards with the same car and track and the FFB feels totally different, really light. Seems to weight back up after a couple of corners :/

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

finally some actual help, thank you very much.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Now, when racing in a lobby with default settings forced, we can not see what values are used in default setup. The right behaviour should be we can see but can not change.

Also, yesterday, during an online race (Interlagos + Stock Car), my car just turned off in the middle of the main straight at about 200 km/h. My screen showed Pit limiter activated. Never happened before.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

is it AMS2, is it the car, is it me??
    AMS is getting better and better -- well done REIZA!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pete Baldwin

Pete Baldwin Member

Had some really enjoyable AI races today for the first time in AMS2. There’s still lots of room for improvement as the AI are still a bit slow around some corners (turn 6 & 7 at Interlagos for example) but overall, racing AI is a fun thing to do now. Cheers Reiza!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys, does anyone know if there is a guide anywhere on what all the diff settings do, I have no idea on what does what with all those settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

50 episodes! There you can find what you want.

• Like Like x 1
  11. F1Aussie

Okay, thanks for that although I would rather have something I can print out and have on hand for when I need it.
    Cheers

12. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

There's some useful info in this thread at RD,
    Differential settings - please :-)

13. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Yes I noticed this last night . Caterham academy at Donnington , ffb very light until 2nd or 3rd corner then as you said it gains weight / resistance after that .

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here. I think they are activating the FFB gradually in order to solve the ‘pull to the right’ issue.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Can confirm that the AI sliders still don't work with the wheel directional pad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Yes I think you might be right , which is fine actually as it's much more preferable to having the wheel go hard lock .

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully it is a temporary workaround for the problem. FFB live while the AI controls the car with the fade in during that time would be better. I went to do a TT at Donington and had a job getting through the final corner to have a decent start to the lap with basically no FFB. If it is only for time trial then moving the start point back a lot (which we could do with regardless at a lot of tracks) would help. I could see it confusing a lot of people though as they will be unaware of the reason why they have no FFB all of a sudden.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Koala63

Koala63 Member

Unfortunately I encountered the 'hard right wheel lock' once again while offline racing at Brands last night.But still really loving the AI racing the F-V G1's with 90 skill and 50 aggro. Great to see some of the external animations working now and very enjoyable to watch the suspension loading and unloading in replays.

19. F1Aussie

• Like Like x 2
  20. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I absolutely noticed this as well - on more than one occasion. Unusual, but I way rather temporarily deal with that instead of getting sent all the way right