1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V0.9.6.0 RELEASED, now updated to v0.9.6.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 6, 2020.

1. tmutrmn

tmutrmn New Member

What happened to driving model with this update?
    F-Classic Gen 3 M3 cars are now totally undrivable with modified setups that worked a week ago?! (as are other classic formulas)

Even default setup has been fux0red. WTF happened?!

Seems to be an LSD issue?

Totally unplayable now (back to PC2).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I will have to try that car. Just drove the F-Classic G1M1 and was very impressed. Try it and if you like it, probably just a matter of time before the whole variety of them are polished. If it is bad, too, then....?!?!?

EDIT: Just drove G3M3 with default set-up. One of the best cars in the history of sim racing.

Make sure you are actually using default everything before judging.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  3. tmutrmn

tmutrmn New Member

uhmmm... i've played quite a bit and it's not that i don't know how to drive these things...
    But the fact that they've changed like night and day in a couple of days time...

4. Marc Collins

Could not care less as long as the end result is excellence. It's EA, so I expect changes.

5. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello, I have also noticed less grip on various tracks. This past week I have been mostly with the Sprintrace, and the change has been for the worse since the last update. It has also happened to me several times, that when reducing gears, the car stays like a 'zoombie', for a few seconds it does not respond, nor does the engine sound. Something weird...

6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yes, that's what I mean, there's used a physik similar to AMS1 (which is good, IMO) but now, it's not bad, but I'm missing the challenge, because of the high torque 3.5l engines, it should be a little bit more tricky...

• Like Like x 1
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was under the impression that the current F1 turbos have monumental amounts of torque, more than the naturally aspirated engines of the 90's, 00's and 10's.

8. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

with higher revs, of course. But in mid or low rev, turbo engines always have a lack of torque, thats by nature. The naturally aspirated engine does have much more torque in low and mid rev range and the more displacement the more torque you have. So the old 3.5l engines did have much more torque (not power!) than the engines from 1995 (3.0l) or 2006 (2.6l)

9. Marc Collins

Hybrid power has replaced the need for low-end torque in the modern cars. But the new cars have more low-end torque than any previous generation due to turbo technology advancements. You can read dozens of testimonials to this when the cars were first introduced.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Martin Brundle has mentioned plenty of times in the current turbo era of how they have a lot of torque low down.
    I don't think displacement alone affects torque but more bore v stroke. A lot of the NA engines from the past in F1 have had low torque because they have been short stroke and higher revving engines. Higher torque engines generally have a longer stroke.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

bore and stroke play a small role in the power curve, but by a vast margin the biggest factor is valve timing and port characteristics.

Horsepower increases much better with bore than it does stroke, so when a racing series implements a displacement limit, optimizing for horsepower output will nearly always skew towards oversquare engines. Larger bores allow for larger valves and larger ports and more airflow. Shorter strokes reduce absolute velocity of rotating internal parts as well so there is a secondary benefit of reliability at high rpm.

The effect of bore and stroke on engine characteristics is mythologized well beyond what is warranted and most of what people attribute to bore stroke ratios really has more to do with emergent properties of racing engines. A shorter stroke is going to be more reliable for high rpm usage as well.

12. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

A quote from PC2 WMD forums:
    "Vintage Group 6 & Formula: Bit more flexible here. Something in the 1.7bar (25psi) range is usually a good starting point up to 2.0bar (29psi) or down to 1.2bar (17psi) to adjust for balance on something wild like the Lotus 72D"

I think your tire pressures are getting too high.

13. Kentaro Taniuchi

Kentaro Taniuchi Member AMS2 Club Member

Trying out the new AI logic from the version V9.6.1.
    Showcasing legendary Williams FW24 Skin from F1 2002 season.
    Download link is put on the description below.
    Make sure to subscribe my channel if you liked the video.

14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Kentaro Taniuchi I suggest stop using that: 'Make sure to subscribe my channel if you liked the video'-phrase. People will only like or subscribe you if you deserve it. Now there's a high chance lots of people won't watch your video because of that phrase. :D

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 6
  15. OlaN

OlaN Member

Agree! There is also a video thread in the General discussion forum section.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

17. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nothing wrong with that phrase. Many content creators use it, or a variation of same. Someone is picking nits. At least he's working to provide content and a bit of history with it. Stay on course Ken. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Over at NAC, we had a race last night at Kyalami which brought to light several issues with the game:

Netcode:
    There still seems to be a tiny bit of lag online. I was behind someone on my screen, when I tapped him on his screen and gave him a puncture (see video below).

Track Limits:
    Track Limits need some hefty recalibration. Even if you lose up to a second going off-track, you are going to get a slowdown that is not likely to go away anytime soon (for an example of that, also see video below) - in fact, some of these lasted almost half a lap while barely touching the throttle, or several seconds even after grinding to a standstill. It's not just on Kyalami, though, Brands Hatch already had the same issues.

Bugs:
    Cars repeatedly got stuck in the pit lane when it was on "automatic", see bug report for more infos.

Video: (see 3:18 (and 3:10) for the netcode issue, and see 5:50 for an example of the track limits being unreasonable)

Concerning netcode, take a look at how it looked from @Aaron Green screen (at 3:30)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been having a problem for a few days. I have V-sync activated at 75hz, everything works correctly until I paused the race for a while, when I resume it, V-sync no longer works correctly and I also notice something strange in the car's handling. To get it working again I have to restart the game