1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 30, 2020.

1. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. leobaruk13

leobaruk13 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Será que teremos Stock Lights em algum momento também?????

May we have sometime the Stock Lights?

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, like many racing series, they are running an e-series--but using AMS 2!!

4. vortex

vortex Member

I think the problem is that during EA, people are happy to give Reiza the benefit of the doubt with regards to bugs and other issues. Going to v1 is saying that all the basics of the sim are ready for prime-time and just need fine tuning. You only need to look through the bug reporting thread to see that this doesn’t seem to be the case (especially so close to the full release). The release version will be reviewed by gamer sites (not necessarily sim racing sites) as a finished product and prospective buyers will read those reviews before making their decision to buy or not. ACC is a case in point here. Even though they stated that some features would be added to the sim or improved after v1, critics latched on to the fact that they were missing at launch and were very vocal about it. It’s taken quite a long time for Kunos to recover its reputation.

Reiza can’t just be aiming this at existing owners - the player numbers currently seem to be too low to justify the development effort involved. The stats from Steam show it peaking at less than 300 users during the past week: Automobilista 2 - Steam Charts. My personal feelings are that Reiza should have continued EA and not been tempted to go to v1 too early - that’s just asking for bad reviews in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Really?

6. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

this right here is the only review i can find of anyone who isnt a sim racing channel.

so you are overthinking reviews, and even that review got destroyed in the comments.
    what everyone here can do, is actually praise the game in discords and forums, post screenshots, etc. even buy friends a copy who were on the fence like i did twice.

My AMS2 thread on gtplanet got a few more folks interested in the game.

its up to everyone to do their part in promoting the game.

7. vortex

vortex Member

But we shouldn’t have to accept issues on the basis that it’s Reiza so they should be fixed eventually. For me, v1 is a milestone which implies that all included content and features should work properly but may just need refining in the future. There’s no shame in extending EA to allow the devs to iron out the remaining issues.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Pete Baldwin

Pete Baldwin Member

Yeah I agree with that - I’ve been promoting the game to anyone who will listen but with the caveat that it’s early access so don’t expect everything to be perfect yet. Some bought it to join in now and others said they’d wait for it to be finished and lots will consider 1.0 the point at which the game is completed. Of course there will be lots of improvement after 1.0 but they’ll expect all modes and features to be in place along with things like animations etc.

Those who want to play the game now and accept its a work in process already have the game. Leaving early access will suddenly expose the game to those who have waited for a “finished product” and if features are still missing, it won’t go down well.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mike Ruby

Mike Ruby Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I find it incredible and completely unfair that AMS2 has such low numbers. It is a true wonder and deserves much more. Since the game came out I have played for about 130 hours, and I am eager for further development. Between ACC and PC2 I haven't played 100 hours, and I bought them the day they came out years ago.

I also find it embarrassing that the media in my country do not even have the game file, when they already have articles about Project Cars 3 and ACC on consoles.

Reiza wish you the best luck in the world, you deserve it for a job so well done.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Remember, it may be double, because there's lots playing AMS 2 Beta.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My experience is that lots of gamers seem to be blindsided from the PC2 engine but once they drive AMS2 they love it. I think the licensed content is what will really boost the game gaining it a lot of attention. I think it makes sense that those of us who have tested it from beta and onward help spreading a bit of correct information about the game to help it being a success.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mimic

Mimic New Member

It has been quiet for some time now :)

13. eg01st

eg01st Member

Hey Reiza, it's well over "mid June". Any news on 1.0?

14. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Getting there...

• Like Like x 10
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. vortex

vortex Member

I think the acid test will be when gamers who don’t own the original AMS or PC2 try the release version. There appear to be a lot of people who seem to be happy to just accept issues because they are assuming that “Reiza will fix them down the line”. It won’t make any difference telling people how much AMS2 has improved during beta/EA or how different it is to PC2 if those people have no experience of either point of reference. My biggest concern is that they will release v1 with a lot of issues left to resolve and these will be picked up quickly by new customers and reviewers. For me, a release version should have all of the promised features present and working (even if they still need a little polishing). Based on the bug reports and progress updates, it just doesn’t quite look to be there at the moment.

I‘ll admit that I deliberately haven’t tried AMS2 for some time as there were areas which I felt needed a lot of work and I wasn’t prepared to make allowances for them. I’ve been following the progress and reading the forums to keep up to date with the progress and fixes but I decided to to wait for the release version to make a personal judgement on whether or not to really invest some time in the game. Based on the low numbers currently playing it (from the Steam stats), it would appear that I’m not the only one adopting this position. I’m hoping for a significant improvement with v1 since my last look at it earlier in EA.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a possibility to implant the dust raised off the track from Automobilista 1 to Automobilista 2?

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1. You have been missing out...
    2. How long would you work with out pay? Now, that you understand basic business, you will quickly realize that a small studios need revenues to survive. Thus, they have to make compromise between perfection and get a 1.0 out the door...

Actually, since we're a subscription based economy, that's why I believe AMS 2 should have a subscription model (like $5 per month) instead of ~$40 per year $$$ + DLCs.... this way, the business has a recurring revenue, much better for cash flow. Most likely why iRacing is still alive despite having a ****ty FFB and icy tire model... Just a thought.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza has kept the playerbase informed and have been completely transparent. EA has progressed as they have said and improvements have been substantial.

I expect 1.0 will bring SP and a MP rating system as well as some cars and perhaps tracks. If not, then shortly thereafter.

I’ve already gotten my moneys worth for the base game in the amount of time I’ve spent playing, thinking about it and participating in the community. The sky is the limit.

From what I understand, most of the criticism is from people who admit to not playing or who stopped playing. I simply don’t know why people who fall into those categories feel like they need to comment on the game.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza's problem today is price vs. stage of the game. Anyone who follows knows about the evolution of AMS2, knows that the June 2020 game is much better than that of March 2020, but AMS2 has a hefty price tag, at least in Brazil. Game is costing 120.00 with DLCs programmed from 40.00 to 80.00 for Brazilian reality is salty because we have in coparação the ACC costing 76.00 with DLCs in the range of 30.00 scares or not? I hope that version 1.0 of AMS2 comes with many of the promised features included, with the largest possible number of content and that at least in the online part it is quite stable so that the people who have not yet bought bet on the game, so that financial tranquility so that people work to further improve the game.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  20. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think AMS2 v1.0 is easily worth the asking price on Steam, it's currently £35 UK and for the amount of content in there it's a safe buy. Still some bugs to work on, but not enough to break the game, unlike some recent console releases that run at a lumpy 30fps and nobody can get their steering wheel to work.

• Agree Agree x 9