1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Thank you. I'll give it a try

2. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

it's true ... not at all detracting from the NuScorpii file which is much much much better than the default 0.9.7.0 ... I tried your "Silver Santos v1.0 - F.Santos-Karsten" file used for the g920 and I must say that it is more harmonious and more corresponding to what the car, the shock absorbers and the tires do on the screen ... it is more connected to the visual sensations and the behavior is more predictable ... the reactions to driving and the counter-steering is more natural. .. thanks Aza340

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Really like the FFB. It's a keeper :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

6. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Thank F.Santos-Karsten , so lucky to have brilliant people like them in the community . Agree with your comments , miles ahead of anything else I've tried . I think partly because it's less complicated and not trying to reproduce forces that the g920 / G29 or t150 / t300 aren't capable of .
    Definitely a keeper for me as long as it's still going to be compatible with 1.0 when that finally arrives !

7. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats down to Karstens skills, and it's a great file for sure. He kept as much as he could from the Default file, and added only what was "missing" or too low: kerbs, tyre scrub and micro details.

It's really good you guys pointing it out cos more and more ppl will come after these files, and they will have a bit of guidance on what works better with different wheels too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. psone

psone Guest

@NuScorpii Thanks for your suggestions, I had tried playing around with both of those settings previously. But the effect although less noticeable still felt somewhat off to me. I'll have a play around later. Really appreciate the effort being put into this by both you and Karsten. Also loving the ship names, "Clear Air Turbulence" next please.

@Stakanov Will have to try Silver Santos next, I tried Silver Bullet yesterday and noticed the same thing you mentioned above. Everything that was happening on screen felt very present/ in sync with what was being transmitted through the wheel. Overall really impressed.

@Karsten Hvidberg Karsten is there any way I could make the Lock Stop on your profiles stronger? On your last version of Silver Bullet, the only one I've tried it felt a bit soft and was very easy for me to push beyond what should be the limit of rotation.

@anyone who knows or cares to answer, why is it that in rF2 and ACC ffb is seemingly instant, by that I mean from the moment I get in the car resistance is applied to the wheel. Whereas with AMS 2 and I think I noticed the same thing with R3E ffb seems to ramp up overtime. For example if I exit the pit lane under AI control it takes a while for forces to build up in the wheel, but in rF2 when control is handed over the wheel loads up instantly. Not a criticism, just curious why that is.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hi psone,

"Silver Raw 2.5" in post #2 of this thread is somewhere in between those files. I tweak it sometimes & did so yesterday/today, since I was racing. You might like it, or maybe not But it's yet another one to give a shot.

I didn't focus so much on the lock stop since my wheel base handles it for me, but I'll take a look later today or tomorrow. Which silver bullet version was it?

Reg. instant VS slowly applied forces at start up, I think it's for safety reasons. Some of us have really strong wheel bases that can damage your hands in case of bugs. Specially when custom ffb files can be downloaded it seems like a good decision, as there's no guarantee of thorough QA :)

Cheers

10. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I believe the gradual ramping of the ffb as you exit the pitlane was introduced quite recently in an attempt to stop the hard right bug that a lot of people were experiencing .

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. psone

psone Guest

@Karsten Hvidberg Thanks for the reply. I just checked the file there and I was actually using "Silver Raw v2.1 - Momentum Rack 2.0". Which I really enjoy. I think I just need to spend some time having a fiddle around with it. The mid corner "bounce/oscilation" I could feel in NuScorpii's HM 2.4 is still present, but not as noticeable. I think that has a lot to do with that feeling of everything being more in sync. Anyway all in all, very happy a great improvement/addition to the stock ffb.

The lock stop thing isn't a big deal. I can set the rotation on the wheel if it really bugs me. Also thanks to you and @Aza340 for your explanations. That makes perfect sense.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Karsten Hvidberg

Yes, you are completely correct.in silver rack 2.5 the mid corner "bounce/oscilation" can be adjusted along with the general coonection to the "real road" by the "min_reiza_rqck" value. It's set high at default now at 0.5, but if you adjust it down you phase that oscillation out as you go lower, at the cost of the connection to that "real road".

Cheers

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @Karsten Hvidberg just trying your new v2.6 and while it feels great overall, I'm getting little to no ffb on left hand corners - just the bungee type effect. Only tested at brands. Any clues as to why?

14. Karsten Hvidberg

That's really weird :)
    Which car type?

I just raced with it, P1, no issues, maybe a bug that just did not manifest for me, for some reason... Or maybe my hands just did not pick it up...

I will take a look a little later when my time allows.
    Just to rule it out completely, did you change anything in the file?

If you are on beta version it might be the weird custom ffb file bug that kills random variables that has changed slightly, which version are you running?
    If that is the case it might help to add in an additional line:

(grip_fr 0.0)
    Right under the existing line that reads:
    (grip_fl 0.0)......

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  15. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just testet it and it feels very nice.Nothing, what i miss.

16. Alegunner68

No change, sadly. Tested with f309 and super v8.
    Running original file and beta 9.6, seems there's clipping going on somehow. Silver raw 1.2 and the latest heavy messing work ok.

17. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, made clip using the V8 too, which was easy enough, but not the F309. Seems like you're simply faster than I am :)

Hope this file helps you, if not there are a few values you can change, so just let me know.

Cheers

Custom ffb file "Silver Raw v2.7 - Momentum Rack 2.0" attached:
    (updated file here)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  18. Alegunner68

That's helped, can feel the scrub now, the other details not so much.
    Probably best to leave it until V1.0 is released as we haven't got long to wait now, then you can see for yourself what needs changing (or not!).
    Thanks for your help.:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Karsten Hvidberg

Heh, yes, no worries, I'm only tweaking details, nothing much.

If you need more details you can lower the gain to keep more distance to the max force. That'll help right away.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Karsten Hvidberg

@Alegunner68 ,

Well, now I had to just tweak it slightly better, since it was bothering me :)
    Updated the file in-place in the post from before just now, so download it again if you'd like.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1