1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June Development Update - It´s Official Release Time!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The 2019 V8 stock car is sort of DTM. At a better budget.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roland Horn

Roland Horn New Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha, right. But I mean the 90's.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

And with better racing. :D

4. Cheesenium

Isn't there the Opel Vectra that is on the way? Maybe that might fill in the void.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The Super V8 around Mount Panorama ! It is mind glowingly great ! The best experience i've ever had in a computer game , i'm super tired right now (i've just come home from getting my monthly venesection) but got in a few laps before having my arvo kip, man is it great ! I don't want to stop but i know a sleep will help me get faster ;)

Bravo Reiza ! Amazing launch and well bloody done on The Mount ! Amazing !

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

I hope this anticheat systems respect Linux gamers that uses Proton/wine to play the game. Please devs, take a look on this

7. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Wait, what? There's a Vectra on the way? How come I didn't know about it? :eek:

That would be a sort of crazy dream come true for me; after all, I could drive my boring everyday car in the sim as well! :D

8. 2ndLastJedi

From OP
    "Automobilista 2 pays tribute to this long term relationship by including several Historical seasons (the very first one from 1979, the classic 1986 and soon also the 1999 season, the last using Chevrolet Omegas, alongside the well-known last gen cars from the 2019 season."

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. XTRMNTR2K

That I know, but it's not quite the same as the Vectra.

Anyway, I'm still hugely looking forward to the Omega - after all it's the closest I can get for now! :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. 2ndLastJedi

I just assumed the Omega was what is being referred to because I haven't seem any mention of the Vetra either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Marcos Gil

Marcos Gil Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank's a lot

12. Cheesenium

Sorry, it is Opel Omega. Not sure how I get confused with Vectra. :/

13. XTRMNTR2K

I'd say wishful thinking, but then again the Omega is probably the more race-able vehicle, with the larger engine and being RWD and all that. :)

But hey - as long as the '99 Omega is joining the lineup soon I'm a happy man!

14. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I kind of wish Bathurst hadn't been released as a WIP. Every single review I'm seeing on youtube is test driving Bathurst because it's such a big name, but no one has acknowledged that it's WIP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

^^ I think the V1.0 release came too soon, not helped by some people here and elsewhere crying for V1 like petulant children. Now those same people are complaining about the bugs/issues that were always going to be there when Reiza were put under such pressure.

Would have been better delaying the V1 IMO, give Reiza the time they deserved for the quality 'Most of us' know and appreciate that they can produce. Then once V1 ready, they could ease off a little and add features/tweak things.

But nope, people want things yesterday. I hope people are happy they have their number on the end of the game version, It's Reiza who have to now take the flack for the issues the game has.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Oskier

Oskier Member

Honestly, the only things I'm missing that should be included after beta - which for some people is just a name but for others it actually means something (lncluding me) is rating system and just polished car models that were already in game so all animations, driver's position, damage model - ideally equally good as Ginetta GT4). The rest is just content and minor improvements after that. I'm still hoping for some different shaders to chose from like in pc2 and ams1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe Reiza themselves set out their own development roadmap targeting an 8 week EA period from the very beginning. They’ve also reserved their right to withhold releasing content that is unfinished. The days of “officialy finished“ games ended a long time ago as well. V1.0 is a milestone, not a declaration of fact. Reiza has always maintained that finer point development will always continue.

You can’t please everyone. Apparently we want the most realistic simulation driving experience ever and at the same time we want to be able to hotlap a classic Brabham F1 without spinning after 2 laps of practice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Indeed. 'Some' of us here can probably appreciate that it's a milestone of sorts. But reviewers and more demanding (Less appreciate/understanding) customers are the ones who will have the loudest voices when it comes to being unhappy with issues within a 'V1.0 milestone'.

V1.0 just means more content to us at this stage, that's how it's been all through EA, updates with more content and tweaks/fixes...
    But for those jumping in at V1.0 right now as a first time user, well, they're going to be judging the game as it sits regards their initial experience.
    V1.0 doesn't affect us at all, is what I'm saying. But it does affect Reiza via new users.
    I very much like AMS2 BTW, just looking at this from outside the bubble.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't be merchants of doom.;)
    There will always be people, looking for the hair in the soup.
    Reviews on steam look very positive right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Linux Gamers? Is that an oxymoron? Why are you trying to make your life even more complicated and swim upstream against the mainstream sim racing setup?

There are already a ton of complex variables and moving parts in making sure everything works on Windows 10.... why would you make a small studio spent time (and hire resources) who knows how to optimize their simulator for Linux. You are not considering the business reality and the list of current priorities for the long term survival of AMS2/Reiza.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1