1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 v1.0 is Released! Now updated to V1.0.0.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 1, 2020.

1. gb04

gb04 New Member

I guess they'll be back in the Adrenaline pack. Hope the pace car still makes the jumps too like in AMS1

2. sk8

sk8 Member

Formula vintage v8 is much better now . And there is damage when you crash. Bonnets dent up nicely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This whole game is just mind blowing, so much good cars and tracks to choose from and always with a big smile on my face :D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Congrats on this absolutely gigantic milestone! Once I'm done wrapping up things here I'll dedicated the rest of today to AMS2. So much new stuff to see, so many cars to race (and, knowing myself, crash :D).

Once I'm done getting a good feel for 1.0, I plan on updating my (very early) EA review properly. And I recommend everyone who thoroughly enjoys AMS2 to do the same. :)

EDIT: Almost forgot! The trailer is so good! But for some reason I got something in my eye once I started watching it... :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. menacegtr

menacegtr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you Reiza for all your hard work and dedication. Its been a fantastic ride with all you guys as we have gone through all the updates to version 1. What can i say but BRILLIANT and a beautiful looking race sim

6. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Gongrats on the release Reiza! Download is about to finish and time to hop in, it's gonna be a fun day.

Thanks to the whole team for your hard work.

You're definitely not alone on that one. I'm sure they will come eventually.

7. Wain

Wain New Member AMS2 Club Member

Congrats team! Will try to download today.

Yesterday I checked Steam, I had 2 games show up. I could either update AMS2-Beta, or there was a new one listed, AMS2 Release 25GB v1.00 install.

Can you advise which one to go for?

Am I...
    1] Uninstalling the Beta
    2] Removing that AMS2 data folder from my-docs
    3] Download and install the new 1.0 Release at 25GB?

Please advise. Looking forward to assessing this. Hadn't bonded well with the first beta.

**Nord news is very welcome, thank u

8. zero71

zero71 New Member

Newbie here. We built our first PC in, I dunno, maybe 16 years this month. I've been going through all the PC race sims this past week (having already picked up AC and ACC a couple weeks back, having owned AC on both consoles). I downloaded Raceroom, Rfactor2, and AMS2 yesterday. Had a blast on them all, but decided that AC/ACC covered all the bases I needed and uninstalled the others, got a refund on AMS2, mostly because I'm waiting for more licensed cars. A couple of hours later though I was missing AMS2 so re-bought and re-installed it, then discovered 1.0 was coming out later in the day. Yay.

I just spent the past 2 hours in AMS2 and totally love it. Most of that time was spent in the Ginetta GT4 car racing around Braslia having a 5 way battle for 1st with the AI on 65% aggression. What a blast, and such close racing with even the AI trading places often.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wain

BTW, I'd love to see the mini's return...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Congratulations, Reiza, for the great game. And thank you for the free Hockenheim DLC - this was really unexpected.

Please, add country (nationality) flag near the player name on Multiplayer and Time Trial. I think that is an option the great majority of racers enjoy.

Thank you. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

It depends on what you want. You can have both versions installed, or one (or none :eek:). AMS2 will be the one with the stable version, and much more players. AMS2 Beta will receive updates more frequently, and new content sooner.

Deleting the Automobilista 2 folder inside Documents is to ensure you get a fresh start.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wain

Thanks, I'll just stick with updating the beta and deleting the files

13. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Big congratulations guys! Very exciting years to follow this...

14. Martakus

Martakus Member AMS2 Club Member

Ahhhh I'm SO HYPED for Nordschleife and Spa! The trailer is amazing!

15. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What a winner. I have travelled with the betas since the start this release ticks so many boxes two instant memorable moments for me are turn1 Brands Hatch the downhill turn with the compression at the bottom of the hill is just so believable. I tried V8 super car , ultra race and ARCs all felt so just right going through there. The next was Suleman Park at Bathurst again the feeling of compression at the grate ( which is yet to be included with the track) with the car then going light at reid park is OH SO GOOD. AMS2 is the only sim that gets the degree of incline from turn 2 to turn 4 even close to real. Simply not enough superlatives for Reiza and what they have started with AMS2.:):):):)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have both the EA version and the beta, and IINM they both use the same documents folder (for my personal settings wheel setup etc). At least I have only ever had one folder for AMS2 in /documents and that is Automobilista. Is this situation still the same i.e. both versions using the one /documents folder for settings?

17. Wayne Whitmore

Yes both versions use the same documents folder.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Wayne Whitmore

Wish list for me still is to have key press and hold for movement of seat etc instead of having to hit the key over and over again. And adjustable mirrors. unless I have missed these already being added.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart New Member

Do we have to delete the folder in Documents with each new version?
    It is very bad to have to configure everything again with each release.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it an idea to make this:
    ''The Stock Car 2020 series, Bathurst and championship mode as very late additions to this release and are still considered WIP''
    A sticky everywhere: RD, Steam, everywhere else and here. :p

• Agree Agree x 1