1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I also have a TS PC RACER wheel. FFB and overall physics were really good on default and i had tried some of the custom ffb folks files to get some improvement on road surface for example.

1.0 i tried last night very shortly and its still good for me but what i have noticed is center wheel became bit more vague and understeer is more pronouced

I will play with gain, lfb and fx settings more tonight but also test the latest customs then report back

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

On my wheel, I might say the same thing, but noticed it is really only certain cars. Older FWD vehicles are the worst (e.g., Copa Classics Uno or Hot Cars Col). Everything else, even the Copa Fusca, feels great.

3. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry man, I misunderstood you there. After the hotfix update went thru yesterday the issues have disappeared and all is well again. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I decided to follow the custom FFB route like I do with my other Sims. I am using Karsten file as they show on the custom FFB thread and I am all good to go.
    The TS PC RACER is a great wheel really underrated in my views, i cant complain at all with what I am geeting from AMS2 now

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you please share the file?
    I own TSPC

6. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Still at work but i will do it tonight. The base file from Karsten is on the custom ffb thread though so you can oick it up and adjust friction like i did to 0.07 for example

7. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

hello, this is what works best for me as per today game version.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Ciccina2016

Thank you man, appreciated..

as for using the file, do i need to copy it into the document folder and overwrite the existing file there and then I just set to Custom in the game?

What about the sliders? Would they be used ?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Levelup1

Levelup1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for this! It really made a big difference in the feel of all the cars.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Yes that's it

Sliders have still an effect yes. I am at 100 gain then 30 lfb and 40fx on top of my head
    But it's down to personal preference and fine tuning by car

11. zero71

zero71 New Member

My new G920 arrives on Sunday. Do I just use default settings or can some kind person detail everything I need to make it great. Thanks!

ps if you have good settings for ACC, AC, and RF2 as well, that’d be terrific!

12. alexandre fonseca

alexandre fonseca Member AMS2 Club Member

With my G920, FFB is very faint and the wheel is very loose. With the older F1 cars introduced in version 1.0, for instance, I feel almost nothing even with all sliders at 100%, and apparently there is no clipping. This is not because the wheel motor is weak; with AC, for instance, I often have to tone it down because the wheel is too hard to turn. (BTW, I can't make sense of the FFB graph; for instance, that yellow line, which presumably means FFB strenght, is always near the top even if I use strength 0. Can somebody at Reiza please clarify that?)

On this regard, I had been suggesting at racing forums for quite some time (I think I began with PC1) that it wouldn't be too difficult to devise a way to help users calibrate their wheels automatically. You could, say, drive a lap with your car with your current settings, and the program would measure the highest force and either move the slider dynamically to a point where this force would correspond to 100% without clipping, or simply indicate this value for you to set (as long as it is possible to choose it in the settings, of course; with AMS2, I suspect my wheel is far from 100% strength even with everything at max in FFB settings). Recently I discovered a Python app for AC that does just that and works quite well. Why not consider something similar for AMS2? Regardless of the wheel, users would know where 100% is and would either keep it like that or tone it down in the case of stronger wheels.

13. Ciccina2016

I tried your custom settings and I get what you are trying to achieve, whiich is getting more detail on the wheel when breaking however the info on the wheel are meh..( not because of your settings
    I wish I were happy like you, I find the FFB quite confusing . This game is not for me I guess.

14. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Before you give up try this file:
    Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

It's a different flavour of custom ffb. It will normally be updated in the 3rd post of the thread, but the above file is just beta version at the moment.

The AMS2 ffb is so customisable that at some point there is bound to be a file that suits you.

Also worth trying is Lexx's file:
    New and Improved: LexxVR's Custom FFB for AMS2

There is also the Madness Tool to help manage different ffb profiles. Don't forget you need to restart AMS2 to pick up a new profile!

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

16. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

The current FFB situation is so confusing to keep track of, but thanks everyone for all your contributions!

17. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

the Reiza default is a great base already. but yes people, like me, want to have more Options so these custom files flying around are there to suit everybody personal taste. honestly its not that complicated to use, just few parameters on top of the gain, lfp and fx that Reiza is giving us. I recommend you to go to the Custom FFB thread posted above, people are friendly and happy to help if you are struggling

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

That's kind of my point... it's 70 pages of comments in this thread, and 40 in the other. Where does one even start with that? In any case, I definitely prefer Karsten's "silver" ffb setup to anything else i've tried.

As a side note, based on the settings people recommend, seems like everyone likes their FFB super strong... I must be the only one not trying to get my gym workout in while Im racing? I rarely have the gain above 30-40.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Karsten and nuscorpii listed all the details in the 3 first posts of the custom ffb thread.and explanations about parameters influence are also in the ffb custom file itself so all is there in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

FEI at 100! Really?:eek:
    I use arround 20 max 30. When I set this to 100 I have to ask my wife to help me keep the wheel under controll. :D